Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Camera Question...

Excellent. Just for clarification.......there is no calibration required when changing the tilt encoder?
Not certain. Some times I can swap between cameras, even substitute roll for tilt, and all is fine. But I have seen a difference on a couple where a sensor would work on one camera and not another. I recall on at least one there was apparently some other problem with the camera itself , and that neither sensor would work (original or replacement), but the behavior was radically different. The bad sensor would almost work, camera just had glitches in the tilt. Put on a good sensor, the camera went nuts. Put the good senor back on a good camera, and all was well again. That implies something is there other than a one on one swap, but I don't know the extent. My rather crude method is just to try it and see.
Note I don't have a ton of experience with these. I've messed with maybe a half dozen or so.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Not trying to hijack this thread, but since it was a similar issue........

I have an issue with one of my CGO3+ cameras and would like some opinions. First of all the camera was working fine before a brush with a tree which caused a light impact with the ground with the gear up, so the camera took most of the impact. The camera ball covers both had cracks and the vertical gimbal arm was bent, so I disassembled the camera to get the arm totally out and proceeded to straighten it. In the meantime I had ordered a new camera cover set and gimbal arm. When I got the new gimbal arm, I compared it to my "repair" and found that the repair was back to a 90° angle, so used the repaired part. After re-assembly (quite challenging to get all the fine wires back through the arm) I reset the camera and calibrated the gimbal and at first the gimbal did a slow rotation, but after a restart seemed ok, then tested the camera sitting on a table and thought it was ok, but my in flight test videos now show an intermittent lateral (yaw) shake (not from prop imbalance) as seen near the end of this short clip.

Could this be damage to the slip ring? Does the factory software calibration (which was not done) address this problem? Here is the YT vid showing shake near the end.

Opinions welcome.....

Reactions: Steve Carr
I suggest a bit more testing. Sometimes during a rapid descent the camera will shake especially if it's windy. Also do a hover test and see if you see any vibration on the motor pods, landing gear and camera. Could be a prop out of balance.

I have done several in flight tests, (just this hour was out) including hover in near zero wind and the shake is still there. The shake is more present than not whether hover or moving. I feel its not prop imbalance as both of my 2 H480's have had all props well balanced and furthermore when switching the "bad H-1" camera to the H480-2, the shake is still there and the "good H-2" camera on the H480-1 is rock steady.

Trying to eliminate all the possible faults, my next test is to put new dampers on "bad H-1" camera in case a damper was damaged in the initial incident and not picked up........ I don't want to send it for repair if its something obvious, but so far this has me stumped......

- Slip ring damage?
- damper damage?
- wire binding somewhere during re-assembly?
- requires software reprogram?
- yaw encoder damage?
-?????

Turned on typhoon H 480 this morning, and the camera upon startup started to shake for about 15 seconds then a red and green blinking light was seen out of the pinhole. The camera went limp after about 15 seconds... followed by three continuous beeps. Continue to do this upon every startup. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks to everybody in advance
My typhoon h is currently in shop being repaired/fixed, but basically same problem as you. Mine would shake upon start-up, make a strange noise and go limp. Can't give you any advice at the moment but will talk to the tech after I get it back and Let you know what they tell me.

SkyVidTek The slipring is OK. Try to put it on the table and powerup everything then with your fingers push slowly the camera left like 80 degrees and then let the camera to coming back and do the same on the right. It has to come back smoothly. If there is a shacking or camera start to spinning you have to calibrate the camera.
Also, try to spin the camera with the knob on the controller and see if at some point the gimbal hesitates or has some resistance. You can try the same thing with the tilt motor to.

Last edited:
On a table, I have tried the yaw rotation knob (S3) and both directions seem to turn smoothly. When panned CW and left at an angle, the camera will come back to almost exact front when S2 is moved to top position, but after a CCW pan to an angle and S2 switched up, the camera does not return to exact front - off by about 3-5° Tilt wotks normally.
I just tried manually moving the yaw in both directions and the return is the same as above - strait to front when turned CW, but slightly off centre when turned CCW.
I just pulled out, then replaced all the dampers and they all look fine.

Why do you say the slipring is OK?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval