Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ gimbal calibration failure.

Reaction score
Hi guys, been having issues with camera from day one. Image stability, strange twitches, camera tilting slowly after in the air. The other day while at a friends house I was doing a camera calibration before flight and the camera failed during calibration, like the power disconnected and the camera dangled facing down. today I tried to calibrate and the same issue. anyone heard of this before??

Are the LEDs still lit on the camera when it is "dangling face down"?
It makes a difference. Power still on suggests a problem with calibration sequence or some other issue internal to the camera. Going "power-off" may suggest some other areas we will need to look at.

Are the LEDs still lit on the camera when it is "dangling face down"?
It makes a difference. Power still on suggests a problem with calibration sequence or some other issue internal to the camera. Going "power-off" may suggest some other areas we will need to look at.
I will check it tomorrow sometime. And let you know.

If it’s still within the warranty period have Yuneec sort it out. Anything you do to it while inside warranty might void the warranty. No sense buying a $300.00+ camera out if pocket if you don’t absolutely need to.

I'd start with the simple tings first.

Attachments

• CGO3 contacts.jpg
    CGO3 contacts.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 64
yes the LED on the camera is still green when the gimbal fails calibration. I did check all contacts between gimbal and the H. Im wondering now if there is a problem with the contacts in the slip ring. also I purchased my H used from ebay, so no warranty from yuneec that I know of. the H as of yet is flawless, just the camera that is acting bonkers, only sometimes.
anyone know of issues associated with the slip ring in the gimbal?

You can check the slipring cable with a multimeter to see if you have continuity on each cable. This is the easy wat to check your slip ring cable without disassembling the camera. If there is a problem then you have to consider replacing the cable.

I have same problem. Starts gimbal calibration but ends/halts after couple of seconds. The led is green. Other leds(red, green. blue) which are inside gimbal flashes constantly.
I tries to continue (at least I think so) if I push it slighlty.

I have same problem. Starts gimbal calibration but ends/halts after couple of seconds. The led is green. Other leds(red, green. blue) which are inside gimbal flashes constantly.
[/QUOT

That is happening because you have a resistance on a motor roll or pinch. This is why when you helped manualy will continue. The camera has to move freely when is not powered up and has to be on balance as much as possible. If it stay upward or downward all the way that means the camera is out of balance and the motors try to compensate that but only to a point after that it will stops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval