Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ INOP - odd behavior

Reaction score
Have H480 that has been sitting in it's backpack case for a few months while focus was on other drones. Got it out and the GPS would continually signal a loss about every 3-10 seconds. Let it sit for well over 25 minutes after several shorter 10 minute static sits & restarting didn't resolve. Performed a Full Reset on the RC and rebound H480 & CGO3+. The GPS & 480 function much better, still a very sensitive GPS but that may be my poor memory and getting used to other AC. Once it's up 20 ft or so, the GPS is more stable.

After the RC Reset & Rebind... the CGO3+ won't recenter when powered up, calibrated or flown. No matter the RC's SW for Gimbal Pan mode it either points to one location as AC is yawed or flown or it appears to rotate to the 4 or 8:00 position. If the dial is turned, the camera will spin back around, but then returns as AC is yawed. I'm not positive if it behaved correctly prior to Reset because I wasn't able to fly, but I don't recall the video rotating... again may have been my lack of attention while looking at AC issues.

To rule out variables, I installed a 2nd CGO3+ near new condition that I had on the shelf. Took several attempts & restarts, but was able to finally bind and test. Despite the "Old Firmware message and request to Update", the 2nd CGO3+ operates fully normal without any issues. (don't recall last FW on CGO3+, must have been sitting on shelf for a bit)

The last time I used the H480 was in Mid-May, performed a quick home reality video for a neighbor's listing. At that time the CGO3 performed great! Never been crashed, struck, dropped or force turned gimbal.

Has anyone lost a CGO3+ in a similar fashion? Was it correctable?
Note: the Calibration is very slow and never points straight ahead like a normal calibration.

Clean the contacts on top of the camera gimbal with a pencil eraser. Also the contacts on the slide mount and make certain non of those are depressed.
Check the camera switches and pan knob in Hardware Monitor.
You so have both camera switches in the Up position?

Clean the contacts on top of the camera gimbal with a pencil eraser. Also the contacts on the slide mount and make certain non of those are depressed.
Check the camera switches and pan knob in Hardware Monitor.
You so have both camera switches in the Up position?
Thanks for suggestion Steve. I had cleaned the contacts when swapping it off a few times. Wouldn't the switch settings also effect the 2nd CGO3 that is performing correctly?

Have H480 that has been sitting in it's backpack case for a few months while focus was on other drones. Got it out and the GPS would continually signal a loss about every 3-10 seconds. Let it sit for well over 25 minutes after several shorter 10 minute static sits & restarting didn't resolve. Performed a Full Reset on the RC and rebound H480 & CGO3+. The GPS & 480 function much better, still a very sensitive GPS but that may be my poor memory and getting used to other AC. Once it's up 20 ft or so, the GPS is more stable.

After the RC Reset & Rebind... the CGO3+ won't recenter when powered up, calibrated or flown. No matter the RC's SW for Gimbal Pan mode it either points to one location as AC is yawed or flown or it appears to rotate to the 4 or 8:00 position. If the dial is turned, the camera will spin back around, but then returns as AC is yawed. I'm not positive if it behaved correctly prior to Reset because I wasn't able to fly, but I don't recall the video rotating... again may have been my lack of attention while looking at AC issues.

To rule out variables, I installed a 2nd CGO3+ near new condition that I had on the shelf. Took several attempts & restarts, but was able to finally bind and test. Despite the "Old Firmware message and request to Update", the 2nd CGO3+ operates fully normal without any issues. (don't recall last FW on CGO3+, must have been sitting on shelf for a bit)

The last time I used the H480 was in Mid-May, performed a quick home reality video for a neighbor's listing. At that time the CGO3 performed great! Never been crashed, struck, dropped or force turned gimbal.

Has anyone lost a CGO3+ in a similar fashion? Was it correctable?
Note: the Calibration is very slow and never points straight ahead like a normal calibration.

The end of a gimbal calibration never points straight. You must restart after gimbal calibration.

The end of a gimbal calibration never points straight. You must restart after gimbal calibration.
True... I misspoke... I meant it never swings L&R or past center... stays over at 4:00 position and tilts up & down.... and after recycling power, it does not cycle normally and continues to point oddly to one of the sides.
Swapping with spare... works great as expected. Put 1st back on, same odd behavior.

Just don't see what caused a failure sitting in pack... I'm writing it off like a light bulb... worked the last time great, but on power-up it's burns out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy