Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 No Wifi

Reaction score
Hi!

I was experiencing a bunch of problems with my fairly new Q500 4k, where it was intermittently losing communication with the camera and the drone, so I decided to flash everything up to the latest and greatest firmware; the drone, the ST10+ and the CGO3.

Now, the drone and the ST10+ are communicating flawlessly, but for some reason, the CGO3 just isn't appearing anywhere. Not in the bind menu, not on the list of SSID:s on my phone or computer or anything else. I was worried that I might have broken the camera with the firmware somehow, but that doesn't seem to be the case either. It starts up properly, goes through its calibration and starts blinking green as it awaits a WiFi connection.

I've tried re-flashing the firmware on the camera with all the tricks available to me; either renaming the file to trick it into thinking it's version 2.5 or by simply calling it FIRMWARE.bin but nothing seems to be helping, the camera just won't flash the firmware again on boot. The familiar purple light doesn't come up.

What do you guys think? Broken firmware? Known error? Hardware problem with the WiFi board? Any ideas?

I have the same issue. Today to. Are you my doppleganger?
I accidentally flashed the 2.4 EU and was trying to replace it with the A version. Seemed to flash fine after renaming it to 2.4.01 and no WiFi. The files are really messed up on the support page. This shouldn't be so complicated.

Hi. Tried updating the firmware to 1.8 A and E, 2.4 A and E, and nothing seems to happen. I've tried renaming the file everything from FIRMWARE.bin to cgo3gb_2.4.01_E_firmware.bin to cgo3gb_3.5.36_G_firmware.bin, and nothing. It's almost as if it's just not detecting the card in there, but I've tried two different cards with the same result (Formatted as either FAT32 or exFat; same result)... Beginning to wonder if there might be a hardware component to this error, but it's so random that it appeared at the same time as the firmware upgrade.

I have the same issue. Today to. Are you my doppleganger?
I accidentally flashed the 2.4 EU and was trying to replace it with the A version. Seemed to flash fine after renaming it to 2.4.01 and no WiFi. The files are really messed up on the support page. This shouldn't be so complicated.
I did the exact same thing about 2 hours ago! Called tech support and they were no help either. They want me to send it in for repair. I haven't given up hope yet and will try everything I can over the next few days but if nothing else works I guess I'll send it in.

Looking at the EXIF data of a couple of pictures I took before I bricked the camera, I see:

Camera maker: YUNEEC
Camera model: CGO3 1.9.01(A)

So It seems like the camera was shipped with a Standard firmware, which explains why I was having connection issues (I'm in Europe). Still doesn't explain why it's just died on me now that I've upgraded it to 2.4.00(E). It's just not responding to ANYTHING that I do. It starts up, the gimbal base LED starts blinking green as if it's awaiting a WiFi connection, but ... nothing. I've been trying to figure this out for a week now, and not getting any help from Yuneec other than a request to send it in. I want to cover my bases first, if there's a hardware/software fix that I can do myself, I want to do that before sending it in.

Just out of curiosity, I've now tried another antenna inside the CGO3, as I was worried it could be a hardware issue or something, but the problem remains. The weird thing is that I can control the gimbal and tilt the camera up and down from the handheld, it's just the video wifi portion that isn't working. Somebody's got to have seen this before, right? What to do? I don't want to send the camera in to Yuneec if I can avoid it.

OK you say the gimbal light on the board starts to blink green....Thats a good thing but what about the camera light on the front faceplate?
I had a CGO3 that just went dead and the light would not show. It turned out to be a toasted IMU board on the camera. Ended up buying a new one as it was cheaper to buy then fix.

Nope, the front light lights up with a clear white that turns off while I hold the reset button and then lights back up again. So very confused right now; I really can't figure out what it could be.

Nope, the front light lights up with a clear white that turns off while I hold the reset button and then lights back up again. So very confused right now; I really can't figure out what it could be.

Well I just went through this a month ago. The camera started out dying mid fight. I would land and turn everything off. Restart and get another 10-15 minutes of camera time. It got worse with every flight to the point it would start up and shut down the wifi. I ended up taking it apart and looking for loser connections, never found any. One day it just stopped working all together. I saved it for the gimbal parts as I'm sure down the road I might need them and bought a new camera on Ebay.....got it cheap on auction :)
Good luck with yours

Hey

oi breki! i did a lens change today and am facing similar problems at the moment - the camera powers up, the gimbals can be controlled both from the grip and the bird, but it doesn't show up on wifi - camera led is solid red, the mount led is blinking green. any suggestions?

Hey

oi breki! i did a lens change today and am facing similar problems at the moment - the camera powers up, the gimbals can be controlled both from the grip and the bird, but it doesn't show up on wifi - camera led is solid red, the mount led is blinking green. any suggestions?
Try removing and reinstalling the sd card under the battery in the controller. Just pull it out and reseat it.
Good luck,
Jafo

Reactions: RED 2 YUNEEC
Try removing and reinstalling the sd card under the battery in the controller. Just pull it out and reseat it.
Good luck,
Jafo
i talked to an tech at yuneec europe shortly thereaftafer who confirmed that a solid red led indicates a fried camera board which they would replace for € 50,00 since i had obviously voided my warranty.

So I got real busy and walked away from the drone for a few weeks and finally had a chance to go back to it and tried everything I could to get it to connect (reflash drone firmware, reflash ST10+ firmware, remove and reseat SD in ST10+, change CGO3 firmware number in the file name to try to trick it into thinking it's newer, pressing the reset buttons on the camera...tried both buttons individually and also together) but no luck. I ended up calling customer service again to see if I could possibly get someone else who could tell me anything about what might be going on. What I see is a solid white LED on the front of the camera that stays on and the gimbal board flashes green. When I told him this he said that with the solid white LED it's likely that the wifi board got fried and that's why I can't connect so I guess I'll be sending my camera in today. He couldn't give me an estimate of possible cost (apparently company policy or something) but they will contact me after they've had a chance to diagnose the problem with an estimate and will ask how to proceed from there. I will update this thread when I hear back and have some more information. At least the bird still flies fine so I can still have some fun but it's not the same without pictures and video. Oh well.

Oh boy...I started having trouble yesterday where I was trying to connect a galaxy s3 and also tried an s6. Everything would connect up fine but when I started to record using the steady grip, the video i was taking would lock up on my device but the timer was still clocking as if I was still recording. So I had a brilliant idea and did a factory reset on the ST10. lol Now can connect the wifi to the CG03 but I get "failure to initialize camera" . Any idea's? thx

JB Rox, did you ever get a cost estimate for your problem? It sounds exactly like what I'm having - what with the solid white light on the camera and a blinking green gimbal LED.

JB Rox, did you ever get a cost estimate for your problem? It sounds exactly like what I'm having - what with the solid white light on the camera and a blinking green gimbal LED.
I reflashed everything, controller, drone and camera and it was all working fine yesterday for like the first 15 minutes, then when I went to take one more video, the controller lost communication with the camera. rebooted everything and it worked again...not sure what the issue is with it now...

Anybody ever get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing after trying a firmware update.

You ever figure this out? Thanks.

same my cam works great on drone but wont hook up to my phone on the steady cam?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval