Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
So I was looking at pricing for replacing my camera for my Q500 4K. I'm trying to figure out why the titles for these listings are different depending on where your looking (see above). I'm thinking the GB stands for gimbal but they all had the gimbal included and there were several that were just listed as 'cgo3'.

1. Does GB stand for gimbal or something else?
2. Is there such a thing as a GB+? ...and no, these are not the cgo3+'s, I have two of those so I do know that difference.

It's been my experience that a lot of these places have no clue as to what the are selling so my initial thought is there is no difference.

Can anyone advise?

You are correct. The camera is integral with the gimbal so they are not sold separately. The exception is the gimbal for a gopro camera on the Q500 G. I think that is a GB503. There were 3 cameras made for the Q500. The CGO2, CGO2+ and the CGO3 which is the 4K model.

You are correct. The camera is integral with the gimbal so they are not sold separately. The exception is the gimbal for a gopro camera on the Q500 G. I think that is a GB503. There were 3 cameras made for the Q500. The CGO2, CGO2+ and the CGO3 which is the 4K model.

Steve, thanks for your quick reply unfortunately it doesn't address my question. I've owned a few of the Q series quads (and still have a 4K) so I am I'm very familiar with CGOX series of cameras that came with my drones (and yes at the retail level they are combined as one unit but that's off topic)...Where I'm lost is in the labeling as described in my questions. My gut tells me that I am correct on #1 and I have a hunch RE #2 but I don't want to assume before purchasing.

Don't get me wrong, I know your trying to help and I also know that you do more than your fair share of that...so thank you for that. Please re-read my question if you get a chance.

I decided to buy the CGO3 4K camera/gimbal for my Q500G which came with the GoPro gimbal. The best price I found was $267 at Jet.com. This included the camera, gimbal, steady grip and case. (Use code TRIPLE15 to get $30 off.)
They also have the Q500 battery for $99.

Steve, thanks for your quick reply unfortunately it doesn't address my question. I've owned a few of the Q series quads (and still have a 4K) so I am I'm very familiar with CGOX series of cameras that came with my drones (and yes at the retail level they are combined as one unit but that's off topic)...Where I'm lost is in the labeling as described in my questions. My gut tells me that I am correct on #1 and I have a hunch RE #2 but I don't want to assume before purchasing.

Don't get me wrong, I know your trying to help and I also know that you do more than your fair share of that...so thank you for that. Please re-read my question if you get a chance.
You are asking for clarification of what is advertised for sale at different vendors. Unless you post links for those it is impossible to answer, but you should ask the vendor to clarify their ad. Again, there is only one CGO3 camera and it includes the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace