Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ WITH STEADYGRIP/ACTIONCAM

does yuneec make any action cam/steady grip thats compatible with the cgo3+ because im looking to hook up a cgo3+ with something besides a drone

does yuneec make any action cam/steady grip thats compatible with the cgo3+ because im looking to hook up a cgo3+ with something besides a drone
Yes, Yuneec does. I have two steady grips that work with all five of my CGO3+ cameras. I have the LiPo battery version (with the silver base) and the 8-AA battery version (with the black base). I have read that the 6-AA version (which also has a black base) does not work with the CGO3+, so stay away from that one.

The LiPo version of the steady grip is a dream with a long running time. The 8-AA version however has a very short running time of about 15-minutes or so, due to the heavy drain on the AA batteries, but it still works. I use it as a backup to the LiPo version. I bought the LiPo model from Vertigo Drones several months ago, and I bought the 8-AA model on eBay.

Hope that info helps.

Yes, Yuneec does. I have two steady grips that work with all five of my CGO3+ cameras. I have the LiPo battery version (with the silver base) and the 8-AA battery version (with the black base). I have read that the 6-AA version (which also has a black base) does not work with the CGO3+, so stay away from that one.

The LiPo version of the steady grip is a dream with a long running time. The 8-AA version however has a very short running time of about 15-minutes or so, due to the heavy drain on the AA batteries, but it still works. I use it as a backup to the LiPo version. I bought the LiPo model from Vertigo Drones several months ago, and I bought the 8-AA model on eBay.

Hope that info helps.
What model number do you look for

ParagonDrone,

As a Typhoon H owner, this is awesome news! I found a good deal on the LiPo version but without battery.

Can you tell me the specs for the battery so I can order one from Venom? Thanks so much!

ParagonDrone,

As a Typhoon H owner, this is awesome news! I found a good deal on the LiPo version but without battery.

Can you tell me the specs for the battery so I can order one from Venom? Thanks so much!
Hi, I just saw your message you sent to my inbox. The battery kai_bcn posted is the same one I have in my LiPo ActionGrip.

These grips are sweet if you can get them at a good price.

Can anyone confirm that the SteadyGrip that takes the 8 batteries will support the CGO3+?? I realize the ActionGrip LIPO one is better but a lot more expensive.

You must be sure you are getting the latest version of the SteadyGrip that has the integrated contacts for the gimbal. Earlier versions of the Grip do NOT have integrated contacts and a cable harness is required to power and operate the earlier camera/gimbal GCO2 CGO3.

The GCO3+ has no port for the gimbal cable to plug into so it relies solely on the integrated contacts in the later model Grip.

I do no believe there is any model number on the Grips to ID one from the another, you must look for the contacts to be sure you get the right Grip.
ScreenHunter_5775 Oct. 23 10.31.jpg

Can anyone confirm that the SteadyGrip that takes the 8 batteries will support the CGO3+?? I realize the ActionGrip LIPO one is better but a lot more expensive.
I can confirm the 8-battery version with the 3-electrical contacts will work with the CGO3+. I have that SteadyGrip and it works with all of my CGO3+ cameras.

Steve Carr

Brownie Instamatic on a kite.
Staff member
Hmm, I went with the what ParagonDrone said above, but perhaps there were multiple LiPo versions with silver bases. In any case I've canceled my order with the ebay seller as the SteadyGrip hadn't shipped yet.

I'd still like to know for certain because I think this is a cool second use for the CG03+ for capturing our sons' flag football game action!

Hmm, I went with the what ParagonDrone said above, but perhaps there were multiple LiPo versions with silver bases. In any case I've canceled my order with the ebay seller as the SteadyGrip hadn't shipped yet.

I'd still like to know for certain because I think this is a cool second use for the CG03+ for capturing our sons' flag football game action!
I would suggest going with a LiPo version if you can find it at a good price, since the 8-AA battery version burns through batteries rather quickly. I only get about about 10 - 15 minutes (depending on use) out of a set of AA batteries.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donmcnabb2