Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma Blade motors...

¡Creo que estamos de acuerdo en que se confunde fácilmente! 😄
La placa está al revés cuando la sacas del dron. Pero luego le das la vuelta para hacer las fotos y vuelve a estar al derecho.

I think we can agree it is easily confused! 😄
The board is upside down when removing from the drone. But then you flip it over to take the pictures, and it is right side up again.
View attachment 27000
Well, I have cleaned the card.
I notice a bulge on one of the ESC 3 chips as evidenced in the attached photo.
I also did something that might be stupid:
I tested motor 3 by alternately plugging it into each ESC for a few seconds. On ESC 1, 2, and 4 it had the same behavior and only with ESC 3 it had a different behavior, vibrating as if it wanted to rotate.
In each case there was a sound warning that seemed to originate from the same motor.
Another curious thing I noticed is that the card activated whether the ignition switch is on or off.
Are those chips easy to get?
I mean, if you replace the defective one it works normally without any further action to do?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Attachments

• IMG-20211109-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20211109-WA0000.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ESC 3.jpg
    ESC 3.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 7
Well, I have cleaned the card.
I notice a bulge on one of the ESC 3 chips as evidenced in the attached photo.
I also did something that might be stupid:
I tested motor 3 by alternately plugging it into each ESC for a few seconds. On ESC 1, 2, and 4 it had the same behavior and only with ESC 3 it had a different behavior, vibrating as if it wanted to rotate.
In each case there was a sound warning that seemed to originate from the same motor.
Another curious thing I noticed is that the card activated whether the ignition switch is on or off.
Are those chips easy to get?
I mean, if you replace the defective one it works normally without any further action to do?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
"En los ESC 1, 2 y 4 tuvo el mismo comportamiento"
Cuando dices "mismo comportamiento", ¿te refieres al mismo comportamiento que el motor normal, o al mismo comportamiento demostrado en la posición 3?

"la tarjeta se activó tanto si el interruptor de encendido está encendido como apagado"
¿Qué señales ves que te indican que la tarjeta está activada?

"si sustituyes la defectuosa funciona normalmente sin necesidad de realizar ninguna otra acción"
Funcionará sin más acciones si no hay otros problemas en el sistema. Estos chips no requieren una programación especial.

"On ESC 1, 2, and 4 it had the same behavior"
When you say "same behavior", do you mean the same behavior as the normal motor, or the same behavior as demonstrated on position 3?

"the card activated whether the ignition switch is on or off"
What signs are you seeing that tell you the board is activated?

"if you replace the defective one it works normally without any further action to do?"
It will work without further actions if there are no other problems in the system. These chips do not require special programming.

Cuando dices "mismo comportamiento", ¿te refieres al mismo comportamiento que el motor normal, o al mismo comportamiento demostrado en la posición 3?

"la tarjeta se activó tanto si el interruptor de encendido está encendido como apagado"
¿Qué señales ves que te indican que la tarjeta está activada?

"si sustituyes la defectuosa funciona normalmente sin necesidad de realizar ninguna otra acción"
Funcionará sin más acciones si no hay otros problemas en el sistema. Estos chips no requieren una programación especial.

"On ESC 1, 2, and 4 it had the same behavior"
When you say "same behavior", do you mean the same behavior as the normal motor, or the same behavior as demonstrated on position 3?

"the card activated whether the ignition switch is on or off"
What signs are you seeing that tell you the board is activated?

"if you replace the defective one it works normally without any further action to do?"
It will work without further actions if there are no other problems in the system. These chips do not require special programming.
*When you say "same behavior", do you mean the same behavior as the normal motor, or the same behavior as demonstrated on position 3?

Behavior of a normal engine. I guess. I'm just saying that in ESC 3 it had different behavior.

*What signs are you seeing that tell you the board is activated?

Several LEDs light up on the board.

P.D. creo que mejor será hacer un video con las pruebas.

*What signs are you seeing that tell you the board is activated?

Several LEDs light up on the board.

No debería haber ningún LED encendido en la placa cuando el interruptor de alimentación está apagado. El mosfet dañado puede ser el origen del problema. Posiblemente algo más.
Esto es lo que veo en un mosfet sano. Tengo conocimientos muy limitados de electrónica, pero pensé que tu hermano podría encontrarlo útil como punto de partida. De todos modos, es casi seguro que comparará con componentes buenos conocidos en su placa.

Traducción realizada con la versión gratuita del traductor www.DeepL.com/Translator

There should be no LEDs lit on the board when the power switch is off. The damaged mosfet may be the source of the problem. Possibly something else.
This is what I see on a healthy mosfet. I have very limited electronics knowledge, but thought your brother might find it useful as a starting point. He will almost certainly compare to known good components on your board anyway.

Chip pins.jpg

Reactions: Helio
No debería haber ningún LED encendido en la placa cuando el interruptor de alimentación está apagado. El mosfet dañado puede ser el origen del problema. Posiblemente algo más.
Esto es lo que veo en un mosfet sano. Tengo conocimientos muy limitados de electrónica, pero pensé que tu hermano podría encontrarlo útil como punto de partida. De todos modos, es casi seguro que comparará con componentes buenos conocidos en su placa.

Traducción realizada con la versión gratuita del traductor www.DeepL.com/Translator

There should be no LEDs lit on the board when the power switch is off. The damaged mosfet may be the source of the problem. Possibly something else.
This is what I see on a healthy mosfet. I have very limited electronics knowledge, but thought your brother might find it useful as a starting point. He will almost certainly compare to known good components on your board anyway.

View attachment 27014
In any case, the mosfet indicated in the circle has a very irregular surface. I guess it's melted inside.

In any case, the mosfet indicated in the circle has a very irregular surface. I guess it's melted inside.
The metal-oxide gates inside are burned up causing the blistering on the plastic case. If you can source the replacement IC's, I would suggest you replace all three MOSFET's for motor 3. Their properties would be more closely matched coming from the same production run in their manufacturing process.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The metal-oxide gates inside are burned up causing the blistering on the plastic case. If you can source the replacement IC's, I would suggest you replace all three MOSFET's for motor 3. Their properties would be more closely matched coming from the same production run in their manufacturing process.
Attached links to the videos of the engine, one connected to ESC2 and another to ESC3.
Now the card lights up properly, maybe when I cleaned it there was alcohol left under the power switch.
I insist, the audible alert is generated in the motor, not in the card.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Yes, the audible code comes from the motor, but it is not caused by the motor. The code only tells you that the GPS unit is not connected. The motors serve as "speakers", so you do not hear the code when the motor is not connected.
Most of what you see in the video is normal, with one possible exception. When the motor is connected to ESC #3, there is a "jerking" motion in the motor that I don't think is normal. I'm guessing it's the same motor in both videos. If so, it could be a possible further indication of a problem with ESC#3.

Sí, el código audible proviene del motor, pero no es causado por el motor. El código sólo le indica que la unidad GPS no está conectada. Los motores sirven como "altavoces", por lo que no se oye el código cuando el motor no está conectado.
La mayoría de lo que se ve en el video es normal, con una posible excepción. Cuando el motor está conectado al ESC #3, hay un movimiento de "sacudida" en el motor que no creo que sea normal. Supongo que es el mismo motor en ambos videos. Si es así, podría ser una posible indicación adicional de un problema con el ESC#3.

Reactions: Pier2162
Yes, the audible code comes from the motor, but it is not caused by the motor. The code only tells you that the GPS unit is not connected. The motors serve as "speakers", so you do not hear the code when the motor is not connected.
Most of what you see in the video is normal, with one possible exception. When the motor is connected to ESC #3, there is a "jerking" motion in the motor that I don't think is normal. I'm guessing it's the same motor in both videos. If so, it could be a possible further indication of a problem with ESC#3.

Sí, el código audible proviene del motor, pero no es causado por el motor. El código sólo le indica que la unidad GPS no está conectada. Los motores sirven como "altavoces", por lo que no se oye el código cuando el motor no está conectado.
La mayoría de lo que se ve en el video es normal, con una posible excepción. Cuando el motor está conectado al ESC #3, hay un movimiento de "sacudida" en el motor que no creo que sea normal. Supongo que es el mismo motor en ambos videos. Si es así, podría ser una posible indicación adicional de un problema con el ESC#3.
Indeed, it is the same motor 3. Only connected to ESC 3 does this jolt happen.

But I am no longer sure if motor 3 is damaged.

I am no longer sure if motor 3 is damaged.
Estoy de acuerdo. Parece mucho más probable que haya un problema en el ESC.
Los mosfets a veces fallan por sí solos. Si eso ocurriera sólo tendrías que reemplazar los mosfets IR5300 en el ESC #3.
Sin embargo, el problema suele venir de un chip de control fallido en el ESC ATmega328P. El chip de control activa los mosfets positivos y negativos al mismo tiempo, causando una alta corriente a tierra. Ambos mosfets sufren daños, pero el más débil de los dos es el que se daña inmediatamente. Si instalas un IR5300 nuevo y tienes otro fallo, lo mejor sería cambiar el chip de control y todos los mosfets de ese ESC.
@Pier2162 o @DoomMeister pueden asegurarlo, pero sospecho que cualquier MEGA328P servirá para el chip de control. Aquí hay algunas partes posibles

I agree. It seems far more likely there is trouble in the ESC.
The mosfets sometimes fail alone. If that happened you will only need to replace the IR5300 mosfets on ESC #3.
However, the trouble often comes from a failed ESC control chip ATmega328P. The control chip activates both positive and negative mosfets at once, resulting in high current to ground. Both mosfets suffer damage, but the weaker of the two is the one immediately damaged. If you install a new IR5300 and get another failure, it would be best to replace the control chip and all mosfets on that ESC.

@Pier2162 or @DoomMeister may know for sure, but I suspect any MEGA328P will work for the control chip. Here are some possible parts sources:
ATmega328P: 3 Pieces ATMEGA328P-AU! US Seller! MEGA328P-AU TQFP-32 ATMEGA328P Atmel 662657132581 | eBay
TPC8109: 5 pcs New TPCA8109 TPCA 8109 QFN8 ic chip | eBay
IR5300: 10PCS NEW IRFH5300TRPBF IR5300 QFN8 MOSFET | eBay

I am not sure about the controller being replaceable. It is a micro controller and I am not sure if it is flashable in the raw state. Yuneec may have to load a boot code into it much like the flight controller on the hex series. That may be something @Pier2162 or @h-elsner could expound on.

Estoy de acuerdo. Parece mucho más probable que haya un problema en el ESC.
Los mosfets a veces fallan por sí solos. Si eso ocurriera sólo tendrías que reemplazar los mosfets IR5300 en el ESC #3.
Sin embargo, el problema suele venir de un chip de control fallido en el ESC ATmega328P. El chip de control activa los mosfets positivos y negativos al mismo tiempo, causando una alta corriente a tierra. Ambos mosfets sufren daños, pero el más débil de los dos es el que se daña inmediatamente. Si instalas un IR5300 nuevo y tienes otro fallo, lo mejor sería cambiar el chip de control y todos los mosfets de ese ESC.
@Pier2162 o @DoomMeister pueden asegurarlo, pero sospecho que cualquier MEGA328P servirá para el chip de control. Aquí hay algunas partes posibles

I agree. It seems far more likely there is trouble in the ESC.
Los mosfets a veces fallan solos. Si eso sucediera, solo necesitará reemplazar los mosfets IR5300 en ESC # 3.
Sin embargo, el problema a menudo proviene de un chip de control ESC defectuoso ATmega328P. El chip de control activa los mosfets positivos y negativos a la vez, lo que genera una alta corriente a tierra. Ambos mosfets sufren daños, pero el más débil de los dos es el que se daña inmediatamente. Si instala un nuevo IR5300 y tiene otra falla, sería mejor reemplazar el chip de control y todos los mosfets en ese ESC.

[USER = 26148] @ Pier2162 [/ USER] o [USER = 12772] @DoomMeister [/ USER] pueden estar seguros, pero sospecho que cualquier MEGA328P funcionará para el chip de control. A continuación, se muestran algunas posibles fuentes de piezas:
ATmega328P: 3 piezas ATMEGA328P-AU! ¡Vendedor de EE. UU.! MEGA328P-AU TQFP-32 ATMEGA328P Atmel 662657132581 | eBay
TPC8109: 5 piezas Nuevo chip IC TPCA8109 TPCA 8109 QFN8 | eBay
IR5300: 10PCS NUEVO IRFH5300TRPBF IR5300 QFN8 MOSFET | eBay
Muchas gracias por tomarse el tiempo de buscar las piezas.
Busqué solo el 5300 sin éxito.
Sería genial tener códigos de reemplazo alternativos que pudiera encontrar en mi país.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look for the parts.
I searched for just the 5300 with no success.
It would be great to have alternative replacement codes that I could find in my country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muchas gracias por tomarse el tiempo de buscar las piezas.
Busqué solo el 5300 sin éxito.
Sería genial tener códigos de reemplazo alternativos que pudiera encontrar en mi país.
I can only wish they were available in my country. 😄
Most such things ultimately are shipped from China, even when the seller states they are "US Sellers". :mad:

Sólo puedo desear que estén disponibles en mi país. 😄
La mayoría de estas cosas se envían finalmente desde China, incluso cuando el vendedor afirma que son "vendedores de Estados Unidos".

I'm not sure motor 3 is not damaged: smoke means coils burnt.
I will not push my bird in the sky with that motor installed...
For the 5300, may be this link can help :
IRFH5300TRPBF Infineon - MOSFETs - Distributors, Price Comparison, and Datasheets | Octopart component search

No estoy seguro de que el motor 3 no esté dañado: el humo significa que las bobinas se queman.
No empujaré a mi pájaro en el cielo con ese motor instalado...
Para el 5300, puede ser este link puede ayudar:

Last edited:
I'm not sure motor 3 is not damaged: smoke means coils burnt.
I will not push my bird in the sky with that motor installed...
For the 5300, may be this link can help :
IRFH5300TRPBF Infineon - MOSFETs - Distributors, Price Comparison, and Datasheets | Octopart component search

No estoy seguro de que el motor 3 no esté dañado: el humo significa que las bobinas se queman.
No empujaré a mi pájaro en el cielo con ese motor instalado...
Para el 5300, puede ser este link puede ayudar:
Thanks.

A Christmas greeting (late) and a wish of success for this new year to the whole group, in particular to the people who helped me by solving doubts about my drone. Greetings from Ecuador.

Pier2162

WTFDproject

DoomMeister

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you good health and prosperity in the New Year!

¡Hola nuevamente amigos!
Les comento que importé los IR5300 como sugirió muelle2162 .
Los hice reemplazar y probé el dron, sobre la mesa, sin las hélices y durante largo tiempo. Al parecer fue un error ya que el dron volvió a entrar en modo de emergencia y los motores se apagaron. Intenté volver a encenderlo y volvió a fallar saliendo humo de la placa y el motor. Un amigo acá me sugirió que probablemente la placa se recalentó y entró en modo emergencia. ¿Es posible que el recalentamiento de la placa sea la causa inicial del fallo? Chroma Blade tiene este problema?
Hice cambiar una vez más los tres mosfet y probaré el dron pero en campo abierto con las hélices y en día frío, jeje.
Saludos a todos!

Hola Helio.
Motors should never be left running for long time without propellers installed.
Propellers provide cooling to electronics too, this the reason of the holes on the upper cover of the drone...
Good luck

Hola Helio.
Los motores nunca deben dejarse funcionando durante mucho tiempo sin hélices instaladas.
Las hélices también proporcionan refrigeración a la electrónica, esta es la razón de los agujeros en la cubierta superior del dron ...

Buena suerte

Hola Helio.
Motors should never be left running for long time without propellers installed.
Propellers provide cooling to electronics too, this the reason of the holes on the upper cover of the drone...
Good luck

Hola Helio.
Los motores nunca deben dejarse funcionando durante mucho tiempo sin hélices instaladas.
Las hélices también proporcionan refrigeración a la electrónica, esta es la razón de los agujeros en la cubierta superior del dron ...

Buena suerte
Gracias amigo, ya aprendí... a la mala.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval