Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma ST10+ camera will not connect.

Reaction score
Hi all.. new to the forum and spent last couple of hours going through all threads with relation to my problem. I have a Chroma ST10+ which i took video of grandkids in snow, took it out of gimbal and downloaded video onto computer. Put drone away till next day. started up next day and would not connect to camera. I have tried everything in here.. New card.. reset everything but to no avail. Used my mates Chroma and it links to mine no problem as does the SD card... open to any suggestions as i dont have the funds for a new camera. It is 2 years old

What type of camaera do you have, CGO2, CGO2+ or CGO3? Can you describe the color codes of the front LED on the camera? Does the gimbal working?

You can check the WiFi hotspot from the camera using a WiFi Analyzer on your smart phone.
It should look like this:
CGO3P_WiFi.png

br HE

If you already KNOW you have a camera problem, none of the stuff below is particularly useful. You just need to respond to @helsner's post above.

If you aren't sure it's the camera, then sorry, but I am not sure exactly what you are describing. Not sure if you taking the SD card from the camera, or from the controller. Not sure if you swapped the camera from your mate's Chroma, or if you bound your ST10+ to both his camera and drone. The good thing is it sounds like you have a second full Chroma Kit available to swap things around and isolate the problem device.

Three things are the major players here. The Chroma, the Camera, and the ST10+.
1.) Start with your complete kit and see if everything binds (I'm sure it won't, of course, but need to do as a reference point.)
2,) Next, use his camera, your Chroma, and your ST10+.
3.) Try your camera, his Chroma, and your ST10+.
4.) Try your camera, your Chroma, and his ST10+.
If there is any doubt about the SD card, you can add that into the mix also.
Once you identify

If none of the above identifies the issue, It sounds like you need to run the step by step binding verification process. Please understand these are not just instructions for how to bind. It is a troubleshooting tool to look for the issue that is preventing the bind. You have to run EVERY step, even the ones where you think "I know I've already done that". Failure to perform every, single, step has led to more failures than anything else in this process.
After the initial setup steps, the sequence falls into a routine of "action" steps where you do something, followed by a "verify" step where you check the results of that step. If you find a step that does NOT meet the verification, STOP. Do not continue in the procedure. Come back to the forum and tell us what step it was, and what you saw. The same thing applies if you are just not sure of something. Again, stop, and come back to the forum to get help understanding what you see. The second most common cause of failure is when folks keep moving in the document when they should have stopped.

The binding verification document is Attachment 32 (Chroma Binding Verification) of the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project".

What type of camaera do you have, CGO2, CGO2+ or CGO3? Can you describe the color codes of the front LED on the camera? Does the gimbal working?

You can check the WiFi hotspot from the camera using a WiFi Analyzer on your smart phone.
View attachment 24341

br HE
If you already KNOW you have a camera problem, none of the stuff below is particularly useful. You just need to respond to @helsner's post above.

If you aren't sure it's the camera, then sorry, but I am not sure exactly what you are describing. Not sure if you taking the SD card from the camera, or from the controller. Not sure if you swapped the camera from your mate's Chroma, or if you bound your ST10+ to both his camera and drone. The good thing is it sounds like you have a second full Chroma Kit available to swap things around and isolate the problem device.

Three things are the major players here. The Chroma, the Camera, and the ST10+.
1.) Start with your complete kit and see if everything binds (I'm sure it won't, of course, but need to do as a reference point.)
2,) Next, use his camera, your Chroma, and your ST10+.
3.) Try your camera, his Chroma, and your ST10+.
4.) Try your camera, your Chroma, and his ST10+.
If there is any doubt about the SD card, you can add that into the mix also.
Once you identify

If none of the above identifies the issue, It sounds like you need to run the step by step binding verification process. Please understand these are not just instructions for how to bind. It is a troubleshooting tool to look for the issue that is preventing the bind. You have to run EVERY step, even the ones where you think "I know I've already done that". Failure to perform every, single, step has led to more failures than anything else in this process.
After the initial setup steps, the sequence falls into a routine of "action" steps where you do something, followed by a "verify" step where you check the results of that step. If you find a step that does NOT meet the verification, STOP. Do not continue in the procedure. Come back to the forum and tell us what step it was, and what you saw. The same thing applies if you are just not sure of something. Again, stop, and come back to the forum to get help understanding what you see. The second most common cause of failure is when folks keep moving in the document when they should have stopped.

The binding verification document is Attachment 32 (Chroma Binding Verification) of the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project".

Thank you so much.. I have tried replying to the first query but for some reason it will not post. Just to clarify when using my mates camera on my chroma everything works fine. The SD card from mine also works. If i put my camera on my mates it will not work and sits singing a tune saying unable to connect. I will try your advice and get back to you..Thank you also and apologise for not being able to reply to H-elsner in previous post

Many Thanks
Kenny Burgess

Thank you so much.. I have tried replying to the first query but for some reason it will not post. Just to clarify when using my mates camera on my chroma everything works fine. The SD card from mine also works. If i put my camera on my mates it will not work and sits singing a tune saying unable to connect. I will try your advice and get back to you..Thank you also and apologise for not being able to reply to H-elsner in previous post

Many Thanks
Kenny Burgess
Went through your binding checklist and verified everything as described upto step 42. The camera does not appear in the connection list. I am then unable to continue until step 81.. on looking inside camera housing I have a flashing green light and the front has a white solid light but camera instantly turns towards the ground. On taking wiring off and reset camera to face forward I then re-insert wiring. It flashes blue and red for about 5 seconds then returns to flashing green and camera again turns to face floor,,,

View attachment 24341

br HE
H ...I have the CGO2+ on turning on the inside flashes blue and red for about 5 secs and a constant white light on front. The inside then flashes green. The camera then pans downward to face the floor with a constant white light

H ...I have the CGO2+ on turning on the inside flashes blue and red for about 5 secs and a constant white light on front. The inside then flashes green. The camera then pans downward to face the floor with a constant white light
Dont know what happened but I put my camera back on to my mates chroma and swapped SD cards low and behold the camera came on... im thinking it may of been something to do with SD cards.. many thanks for all your help guys

We will need to divide this discussion up to be effective. We casually use the term "Camera" to refer to something that can can best be discussed as three components; The camera, the WIFI and the Gimbal.
The Gimbal is about POINTING the camera.
The Camera is all about TAKING PICTURES.
The WIFI is about SENDING THE PICTURES to the controller. Each has it's own control board within the overall unit.

We need to divide it up because you are describing issues with EACH of the three parts. You are having problems with at least TWO of the three parts, maybe all three, which seems unusual for something that occurred all at once.

1.) For the camera:
You described the light pattern differently in different places. In one place you said "It flashes blue and red for about 5 seconds then returns to flashing green ". That is NORMAL, so if this is the correct description of the lights flashing, the CAMERA part is not what we need to look at.

2.) For the Gimbal:
Does it point down even when the controller is not ON? If the controller is turned on, it's possible you just have the tilt slider at the bottom. Please clarify if this issue occurs when Chroma/Camera are on, but controller is turned off. The board associated with the gimbal is inside the top mount. If the camera points down even when the controller is not turned on, please describe the light pattern you see from inside the camera MOUNT.

3.) For the WIFI - This is the one that seems most clearly an issue. It is possible something has become unplugged or corroded, and that should be checked. But historically, most cases such as you describe have been a failed WIFI board, which also has the SD Card reader on it.

This pic isn't all that useful, but thought it might clarify things a little:
Camera General Terms.jpg

Dont know what happened but I put my camera back on to my mates chroma and swapped SD cards low and behold the camera came on... im thinking it may of been something to do with SD cards.. many thanks for all your help guys
Glad it came back. I think I'll leave my last post for awhile anyway. It might be useful for future discussions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval