Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hey guys! today a client called me because his camera gimbal wasnt tilting/panning, thought it could be a settings problem till he told me he turned on the drone with the gimbal cover on, when i turned the drone without the cover the gimbal cant do the classic calibration, im gussing the gears in the axis may have broke or got loose, is there any way to change them?
Hope you can help! have a great weekend

Hey guys! today a client called me because his camera gimbal wasnt tilting/panning, thought it could be a settings problem till he told me he turned on the drone with the gimbal cover on, when i turned the drone without the cover the gimbal cant do the classic calibration, im gussing the gears in the axis may have broke or got loose, is there any way to change them?
Hope you can help! have a great weekend
There are no gears in any Yuneec camera that is associated with Typhoon H. We will need more information to understand the condition.
1.) Which camera model is it? (CGo3+? CGoET? Something else?)
2.) Can you describe the movements, if any, the camera makes when it powers up?
3.) Is the camera making any beeping sounds? If so, it will likely be a series of 1 to 4 long beeps followed by 1 to 4 short beeps. Those are a code. We would need to know which one(s) are sounding.

A video with good audio is always helpful. You can't upload a video directly to the Forum, but you can post it elsewhere, such as YouTube, Dropbox, etc., and then post a link to the video.

Reactions: JorgeLuis478
When you obstruct the cameras movement, like your client did, it is very common to blow the K-Fuse inside the main body of the Typhoon H. In case this happened, there will not be any sign of life to the camera. No light, no connection and no movement. If that is the case you should also check if there is any voltage on the main connector to the camera. Unfortunately I do not know the pinouts and do also not have my Typhoon H on hand to check. But maybe someone else can help.

When I bought my Typhoon H used and broken some years ago I had to fix that fuse as well. Since I did not find any suitable replacement, I soldered enameled copper wire to an ordinary glass fuse with a 1A rating, wrapped it in heat shrink tube (to prevent short circuits) and soldered the other sides of the wire to the contact plates on the mainboard. So far it did not cause any problems ever again.

The mechanism inside is very robust. It can bend and lock up but there are no gears at all, which means it is impossible that they have sheared or got lose.

There are no gears in any Yuneec camera that is associated with Typhoon H. We will need more information to understand the condition.
1.) Which camera model is it? (CGo3+? CGoET? Something else?)
2.) Can you describe the movements, if any, the camera makes when it powers up?
3.) Is the camera making any beeping sounds? If so, it will likely be a series of 1 to 4 long beeps followed by 1 to 4 short beeps. Those are a code. We would need to know which one(s) are sounding.

A video with good audio is always helpful. You can't upload a video directly to the Forum, but you can post it elsewhere, such as YouTube, Dropbox, etc., and then post a link to the video.
Thanks for the reply! its a CGo3+, the initial movement of the gimbal depends on where the camera starts, it seems like the gimbal wants to recenter, but it sounds like there´s something sstuck on the gimbal axis, i have camera image on the RC but the pan/tilt Wheel dosn´t work, then there is a just 1 long Beep i uploaded the video to youtube i really appreciate your help!! :)

Very good job on the video.
Unfortunately, there are things in the video that are beyond my ability to diagnose with any certainty without having the camera in hand.
Some thoughts:
1.) I think the motor circuits are good. I see slight powered response to the initial bump on Yaw and pitch, and maybe also the roll. Also, the volume and tone of the beep (which comes from the motors) is normal.

2.) The long beep is normally an "alert" to make you aware the camera is about to sound a series of encoder error codes. Except two things are wrong. It comes very late. And it is not followed by the actual codes. This suggests two things. The first is that the gimbal board main processor is running much slower than normal. The second is that the board cannot properly process the errors. But these are only speculation.
The gimbal boards can be found on the internet (unfortunately) and they are easy to physically replace. This has led many to purchase them. But the new boards (or used boards from another camera) will not work. The replacement boards must be calibrated one at a time to the individual camera, and that software was never released to the public.

3.) The best bet is to contact one of the repair centers that have the actual parts/software and can do a much better diagnostic with the camera in-hand. I would recommend at least contacting https://yuneecskins.com/all-product...mera-repair-estimate-service-cg3-cmr-rpr-stm1 via the listed e-mail to see what shipping costs might be.

Thanks for the reply! its a CGo3+, the initial movement of the gimbal depends on where the camera starts, it seems like the gimbal wants to recenter, but it sounds like there´s something sstuck on the gimbal axis, i have camera image on the RC but the pan/tilt Wheel dosn´t work, then there is a just 1 long Beep i uploaded the video to youtube i really appreciate your help!! :)

The first axis is not correct, it change a part of rotation center, it can't to recenter if there's a moving center. Debris and plastic broken on screw location maybe.

Unfortunately my assumption was incorrect in this case. Since that would have been an easy fix since the fuse it meant to protect the camera and the mainboard from any further damage like in your case. From what I can see in the video I have to agree with @WTFDproject that you will most likely not be able to fix it yourself.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I had a problem like this before when left the cover on turn off the H slide the camera off the drone turn on then turn off slide the camera back on and should be back to normal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval