Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Comparing Yuneec with DJI products!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How does Yuneec compare with DJI?
Does anyone know if they have a machine comparable to an Inspire or Mavic?
What about video transmission?
DJI has lightbridge which is pretty impressive. It looks like Yuneec is using an ancient technology for that. What about flying range etc?
I'm also looking into the infrared camera systems.
Thanks

Reactions: cappooter1
Your questions, if sincere, are all over the place.

How does Yuneec compare with DJI? Yes
Does anyone know if they have a machine comparable to an Inspire or Mavic? Yes
What about video transmission? Yes
DJI has lightbridge which is pretty impressive. It looks like Yuneec is using an ancient technology for that. What about flying range etc? Mavic doesn't use lightbridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abi
Your questions, if sincere, are all over the place.

How does Yuneec compare with DJI? Yes
Does anyone know if they have a machine comparable to an Inspire or Mavic? Yes
What about video transmission? Yes
DJI has lightbridge which is pretty impressive. It looks like Yuneec is using an ancient technology for that. What about flying range etc? Mavic doesn't use lightbridge.
Wow! But Inspire does.

Hmm, I would sorta look at it the other way around seeing as this is a Yuneec forum. Does DJI have anything comparable to the Typhoon H or the upcoming 520? I don't think so. And what about customer service? I have heard nothing but horror stories from DJI owners - I am also one. Lightbridge while impressive allows the bird to fly beyond VLOS and therefore is like putting a big block V8 in a motorcycle chassis; while that too would be impressive, perhaps not so practical? If you are a 107 operator trying to make money the last thing you want to do is toss it all away because you broke federal regulations I think.

I was (and still am) a Phantom owner - it is my back up to the Typhoon H. When I looked for my next craft I carefully considered which craft would be right for the work I do, and to be honest, while the specs of the inspire were amazing without question, the initial investment negated all those wow factors. I think the Mavic is a compact little craft with some nice specs, its not something that would work for me. And even the Phantom 4 Pro with all its wonder, still looks like a slow-motion-marshmallow-explosion and still captures its props while maneuvering. And talk about ancient technology? When, oh when, will DJI quite forcing users to strap their own piggy backing devices on top of the controller as a screen? So while the cost of comparable craft are measured don't forget to add that in. I like not having to use my phone or a tablet. For me the ST16 controller alone makes the DJI line look as though they are the ones somewhat behind.

Wow! But Inspire does.
I wasn't trying to be flippant but the Mavic is a $1000 drone and the Inspire is double to quadruple that. Comparing those two are apples to oranges.
Yuneec has comparable drones but you've got to pick from the same price ball park.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Dji has now the Crystal Sky monitor which is super bright! I don't believe Yuneec has anything similar.
Their controller screen is similar to a tablet as far as reflectivity and brightness is concerned.

What drones do you own and fly?

This is a Yuneec forum where we discuss Yuneec products. Pro and con arguments can go elsewhere.
If you wish, you can join our sister forums to discuss Phantoms and Mavics.

Phantoms DJI Phantom Drone Forum
Mavics DJI Mavic Drone Forum
Thank you
I was just trying to get a comparison that's all.
Looking into the possibility of getting aYuneec.
I have DJI products but am concerned with their policing of policy regarding flying in nfz areas with permission etc.
Does Yuneec follow the same protocol?

Dji has now the Crystal Sky monitor which is super bright! I don't believe Yuneec has anything similar.
Their controller screen is similar to a tablet as far as reflectivity and brightness is concerned.

The Crystal Sky monitor (brightest 7.85") sells for $849 w/o charger and mount and does not double as an Android tablet.
Buy CrystalSky
Not sure but if it connects via HDMI, that module is another $99.
I haven't seen one in person but at 2000 cd/m2, it will be bright but reflections in full sun might still be an issue.
Then again, your pockets might be much deeper than mine.

Reactions: Abi
It rather depends what you want to use it for. If you want a drone for capturing your holiday adventures, get a Mavic. If you want a cheap drone to play with around your home, get a Breeze. If you want a high end machine for commercial or filming work, get a H520. If you want to do solar roof inspections, get a Typhoon H with a CGO-ET. At this point, I can't see a reason to buy an Inspire or Phantom as Yuneec provides better flying platforms and should be releasing competitive cameras very shortly.

Different people value features differently. Personally, I really like the all in one design of the ST-16 controller, but I get that some people prefer to use their phones with a controller. Some people want small white drones, others want something with six motors. I can't tell you what you want, it's up to you to decide what's actually important to you.

Equally, what you wont hear about is how they feel to fly. Get one in the air and see how smooth it is, how responsive it is and how it responds to wind gusts.

Then finally, consider some of the 'non flying' issues. DJI have a big problem at the moment over sharing your data without your permission - and the US Army have banned their drones for that reason. They also have a terrible reputation for customer service.

DJI=GEO, NFZ's, thousands of unlock zones, forced updates, and poor CS. DJI collects and stores personal and flight data for reasons unknown. DJI also incorporates a EULA that forces the owner to sign away their rights prior to the first flight, and disclaimes responsibility for virtually everything. DJI also frequently changes models quickly, forcing owners of the last model to have to buy a new model to obtain the upgrades. Sure, buy that DJI. I hope you get to enjoy your high priced rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy