Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass calibration warning

Reaction score
Hi guys been out with my typhoon H pro for the 2nd time since getting it now when I go to UAV toolbox it shows these but I never got anything on my screen when flying the flights were fine so is it worth re calibrating the compass again it's the same place I was flying were I did it's 1st calibration any advice would be good View attachment 9694View attachment 9695IMG_20180521_222529.jpg

It can never hurt to re-calibrate the compass. I see it as cheap insurance if there is concern.

- make sure you're not near metal objects
- locate north (I use my iPhone)
- turn off iPhone or keep it back in the car which should be 20-30ft away
- remove the camera
- fire up the ST16
- turn on the TH
- perform compass calibration

It can never hurt to re-calibrate the compass. I see it as cheap insurance if there is concern.

- make sure you're not near metal objects
- locate north (I use my iPhone)
- turn off iPhone or keep it back in the car which should be 20-30ft away
- remove the camera
- fire up the ST16
- turn on the TH
- perform compass calibration
Thanks rdonson will redo it again

It is fairly typical to see some compass warnings in UAV Toolbox usually lasting for less than a second. These seem to mainly appear on or shortly after take-off, when raising the landing gear, or when landing. IMHO not something to be overly worried about unless those warnings are present for more than a couple of seconds. As @rdonson says above, though, a compass calibration won't hurt if you are worried about it, but my experience is that you are probably likely to still see those (less than a second) warnings appear.

It is fairly typical to see some compass warnings in UAV Toolbox usually lasting for less than a second. These seem to mainly appear on or shortly after take-off, when raising the landing gear, or when landing. IMHO not something to be overly worried about unless those warnings are present for more than a couple of seconds. As @rdonson says above, though, a compass calibration won't hurt if you are worried about it, but my experience is that you are probably likely to still see those (less than a second) warnings appear.
Thanks flush vision I was using the landing legs switch often I will recalibrate and without retracting the legs see if that was what was causing it but as I said the rest of the flights were smooth and as expected

Thanks flush vision I was using the landing legs switch often I will recalibrate and without retracting the legs see if that was what was causing it but as I said the rest of the flights were smooth and as expected
Ok just a update I recalibrated I had 3 flights on the 1st and 2nd no calibration errors with landing gear down on the 3rd using the landing legs 3 times yip on my 3rd flight I have compass errors very short so all good thanks guys

Ok just a update I recalibrated I had 3 flights on the 1st and 2nd no calibration errors with landing gear down on the 3rd using the landing legs 3 times yip on my 3rd flight I have compass errors very short so all good thanks guys
Thanks for the update, Thomas. Updates are always welcome :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss