Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compatible Micro SD Cards for the Typhoon H+ C23 Camera

Eagle's Eye Video

Global Village Idiot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So the purpose of this thread is to provide a concise singular location of what brands/models of microSD cards that are compatible with the C23 Sony camera that comes with the Plus. Please do not post cards that do not work, as this helps no one searching for what card to purchase to use with the H Plus.

[EDIT] I would like to thank @JackMTaco for his contribution of a clearer title and this graphic showing the currently available, compatible cards.

As of the end of January 2019 compatible cards include the SanDisk Cards above, the OEM card included with the C23... Foresee 16GB, Delkin and PNY.

As of H Plus Firmware version 809, Sandisk A2 cards now work with the C23!

Last edited:
OK, so we have confirmation that Sony and SanDisk are compatible... looking for more...

Reactions: Jim Davies
SanDisk Extreme Pro MicroSDXC A1U3V30 - 128GB

Attachments

• 2627993_5a56983dfd6e.jpg
    2627993_5a56983dfd6e.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Jim Davies
The 16 GB card that came with the H+.
View attachment 10796

For the benefit of newer members, it should be noted here that while the included microSD card that comes with the Plus will work with the C23 camera, but the specifications for quality 4K video are not there with this card. Most crucially, you want a max disk write speed of 80 MB p/s, or better.... be meticulous when reading the advertised specs. The read speed will be stated all over the place... it is irrelevant for our purposes as a camera storage platform. Look deeper in the specifications for the listed write speed.

Last edited:
For the benefit of newer members, it should be noted here that while the included microSD car that comes with the Plus will work with the C23 camera, but the specifications for quality 4K video are not there with this card. Most crucially, you want a max disk write speed of 80 MB p/s, or better.... be meticulous when reading the advertised specs. The read speed will be stated all over the place... it is irrelevant for our purposes as a camera storage platform. Look deeper in the specifications for the listed write speed.

In the spirit of the request of the original post, I included this card because it is compatible with the C23 camera and it works, at least for me. Independent of the specs, I have used this card to take 4K/60fps video and, to my amateur, naive eye, when played back on a 4K, 27 inch monitor, the video was very acceptable.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
In the spirit of the request of the original post, I included this card because it is compatible with the C23 camera and it works, at least for me. Independent of the specs, I have used this card to take 4K/60fps video and, to my amateur, naive eye, when played back on a 4K, 27 inch monitor, the video was very acceptable.

Obviously individual results, will trump overall generalities... as long as you get the imagery you are happy with, all is good! :)

Reactions: Barton
Virtually all documentation on specs of read/write speeds of various brands of memory cards, are going to be quoted as "up to XX MB p/s read speed" or "up to XX MB p/s write speed"... the max peak speed. Usually the "sustained" read or write speed is 1/3 to 1/2 of the maximum speed.

Can slower cards be used? Sure, but that will necessitate increased buffering during the writing, to essentially scale down to the slower write speed capacity of the card. This is what can show up as artifacts in the resulting video as a stuttering fast pan, or pixel smearing... too much detail to record smoothly.

Last edited:
I created a short vid about SD card speeds, and provided links to programs you can download free to test read/write speeds yourself.

Eagle's Eye objected to my post for reasons that may be correct (though I've not found substantiating info because its really hard to find). But I thing the tools I listed are helpful to know about. They're listed on the YouTube site, under the video description (scroll down).

Hope this helps someone.

Micro SD (Video) Memory Cards - improperly rated

Don

I agree Don, there are virtually no published stats on various card manufacturer sustained speeds. The other factor is this camera has a much bigger data pipe, compared with a CGO3+... as evidenced by having 4K 60 FPS capability. So with the C23, the sustained write speed of a memory card could end up having an even greater bottleneck potential.

Right now my greatest concern is with the limiting of certain cards from this platform due to compatibility. I think back to the prehistoric times when man used film to record images... if Nikon had come out with a new series of cameras in the 80s, that would only be compatible with Fuji film, the resulting legal flurry would have likely have ended up in the Supreme Court as an antitrust case.

Last edited:
Picked up a Sandisk Extreme Pro, 32GB for $27 at Fry's. Had a Samsung in my 480, sigh. -- never have liked Samsung --

Thanks all!

I will second and third... the SanDisk Extreme 64GB, they haven't failed me yet. Of course you need to stop recording before you turn off your H or that will corrupt your file but that is going to happen with any card. I didn't have any problems with the Foresee card that came with the H, but at 16GB its a bit limited and it doesn't have the performance of the Extreme. I may have to give the Extreme Pro a try just to compare and see if the quality is just a bit better for the dusk shooting I do.

I have Samsung 128 Gb class 10 U3. I have formatted in fat32 and my H+ will not see the card. My computer see's it just fine. It sucks cause I have two of them. Guess I have to spend more money :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval