Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compatible Micro SD Cards for the Typhoon H+ C23 Camera

In the spirit of the request of the original post, I included this card because it is compatible with the C23 camera and it works, at least for me. Independent of the specs, I have used this card to take 4K/60fps video and, to my amateur, naive eye, when played back on a 4K, 27 inch monitor, the video was very acceptable.
So the purpose of this thread is to provide a concise singular location of what brands/models of microSD cards that are compatible with the C23 Sony camera that comes with the Plus. Please do not post cards that do not work, as this helps no one searching for what card to purchase to use with the H Plus.
I use only Hoodman Steel SD Cards they are not cheap but they work with basically all devices.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
So I purchased 2 new SD cards and I cannot get them to read at all in my C23. Tried different formats, file type and used different hardware to format them. They work great in my Canon and Nikon cameras, phone, computer but it will not show up on the C23. Even the STS16 reads it. Just an FYI, this sucks. The difference between the A1 and A2 cards is is the A2 is faster for random read/writes, why this has any impact on the C23 is beyond me considering it's still a U3 which means it meets the requirements for sustain write speeds.

Attachments

• 6282920_sd.jpg
    6282920_sd.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
So I purchased 2 new SD cards and I cannot get them to read at all in my C23. Tried different formats, file type and used different hardware to format them. They work great in my Canon and Nikon cameras, phone, computer but it will not show up on the C23. Even the STS16 reads it. Just an FYI, this sucks. The difference between the A1 and A2 cards is is the A2 is faster for random read/writes, why this has any impact on the C23 is beyond me considering it's still a U3 which means it meets the requirements for sustain write speeds.
Does the C23 recognise the card it came with?

The C23 recognizes my Sandisk Extreme U3 64GB cards with no problems. Also recognizes the stock card. Also recognizes my standard Sandisk non U3 class 10 cards. I have 2 H Pluses, one camera is running 1.08, the other is 1.10. Neither one recognizes the A2 type Sandisk U3 Extreme cards. The cards work fine in my Canon 6D, Nikon D5300 and Sony 4K AX-53 cameras. I have formatted in all file type formats just to see if it would recognize the card and it wouldn't. Just flashes a Yellow LED on the C23 and doesn't list a storage on the display. Won't format either from the c23 because it cant read the card!

I use the SD format tool all the time for my cards and yes, it was formatted in exFAT.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Thanks for that information @JackMTaco ... even if a brand in general works, it's important to report specific exceptions when found.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Thanks for that information @JackMTaco ... even if a brand in general works, it's important to report specific exceptions when found.

Agreed. What's worse is that I purchased this on Amazon directly from Sandisk. I did not chose the A2 type for purchase but yet they sent them to me anyone. I filed a complaint because they shouldn't be switching out SD Card types to replace the A1's that they don't have.

Agreed. What's worse is that I purchased this on Amazon directly from Sandisk. I did not chose the A2 type for purchase but yet they sent them to me anyone. I filed a complaint because they shouldn't be switching out SD Card types to replace the A1's that they don't have.

Use the return policies and return it... the fact that the cards work on other devices is irrelevant... it in fact, does not work on the device that you purchased it for... have them swap out what you ordered... from another dealer if necessary.

So I returned the previous cards and ordered Sandisk ExtremePro 64GB V30 U3 A1 cards and once again, Sandisk sent A2 rated cards. These do not work either in the C23 camera. Same whitish/yellow LED flashing and no card shows up in the camera information. States it is formatted successfully but no card size is shown. Formatted numerous times with SD Formatter software in exFAT with quick and full. Still no luck. I wrote a nice letter to Sandisk how displeased I am with their lack of communication with people that they are sending out A2 cards to replace the A1 cards without letting people know. We'll see what kind of a response I get back from them. This is frustrating. Has anyone confirmed Lexar Cards yet? Loved them with my pro camera equipment before they were bought out by another company.

20181003_153432.jpg20181003_153212.jpg

Jack, do you know if any dealer/Best Buy/whatever local to you has the A1 card? I'd return card #2 back to the online SanDisk dealer and simply request a straight refund... no exchange, just your money back. Certainly remind them this entire situation, is due to them not being able to send the requested hardware. At least with a local dealer, you can go in, physically see and confirm what you're purchasing.

Jack, do you know if any dealer/Best Buy/whatever local to you has the A1 card? I'd return card #2 back to the online SanDisk dealer and simply request a straight refund... no exchange, just your money back. Certainly remind them this entire situation, is due to them not being able to send the requested hardware. At least with a local dealer, you can go in, physically see and confirm what you're purchasing.

That's my next plan of action. Problem is my 2 best buy's locally don't have them in stock. Their website shows they have non A1 and A2 series cards that I can order and have shipped to the store but I don't even want to go that route. I want the card in my hand so I can see it before I spend more money. I also wish Yuneec would provide a firmware update to get rid of this nonsense with specific SD card requirements.

That's my next plan of action. Problem is my 2 best buy's locally don't have them in stock. Their website shows they have non A1 and A2 series cards that I can order and have shipped to the store but I don't even want to go that route. I want the card in my hand so I can see it before I spend more money. I also wish Yuneec would provide a firmware update to get rid of this nonsense with specific SD card requirements.

This may be built into the Sony camera... the purchase online → p/u in store at BB... you cannot pay when you pickup, right? You have to pre-pay online? Time to pull out the AmEx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval