Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compatible Micro SD Cards for the Typhoon H+ C23 Camera

Hi guys, for few weeks I'm fighting with C23 from Yuneec . Forsee 16GB works great, but I bought 128GB Sandisc Extreme Plus, but it's A2 and doesnt work on my camera ( I know that cause of that page ), then I bought 32GB Sandisc Extreme A1 thinking I'll record something soon, but still disappointed . It doesnt work . I borrow Samsung EVO 64gb A1 and it works great..... Can you help me ? Sandisc was formatted on Fat32 in default, but I formatted this on exFAT. I use Windows and SD CARD FORMATTER, card isnt corrupted .
1. please format it with FAT for the capacity is under 64G, then format it with exFAT when larger than 64G
2. Did you upgrade to the latest firmware? Sandisc A2 type only support with latest H+ firmware

Reactions: Steve Carr
I believe that is incorrect @LinsonW... to my knowledge, the microSD card should be formated either exFAT or Fat32. Many people on this board have also found the most reliable results are achieved when formatting directly in-camara.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Weird. I have only ever formatted mine in my computer. Never had an issue. Seems there is a fair bit of variability in what works. Which is a pain.

I also had issue to format my cards. Tried on my computer in exFAT, fat32, etc. it never worked. I finally formated the card in my Sony A99II and it since works great...

I believe that is incorrect @LinsonW... to my knowledge, the microSD card should be formated either exFAT or Fat32. Many people on this board have also found the most reliable results are achieved when formatting directly in-camara.
Totally agree the best is to format it with Yuneec camera system.
I stated the diff between FAT32 and exFAT. Normally microSD is formatted as exFAT when larger than 64G since FAT32 can't support big capability well.

Totally agree the best is to format it with Yuneec camera system.
I stated the diff between FAT32 and exFAT. Normally microSD is formatted as exFAT when larger than 64G since FAT32 can't support big capability well.

I have never owned a micro SD larger than 64G... since I have seen that both the CGO3+ and E90/C23 format FAT32, I wonder if a larger card would fail to format in-camera.

Go to the camera settings menu on the ST16S. On the screen with Gridlines, Histogram, Center Point....etc.... select Format SD Card. This formats the SD Card in the camera.

***So*** ... the purpose of this thread is to provide a concise singular location of ............

***"SO"*** I've never understood the current fetish with beginning sentences with the word "SO". What does it add to the rest of the sentence?

Probably nothing... but I've never understood the point of posting an irrelevant inquiry, into a thread that has been inactive for a year... despite technological advances, some of life's mysteries still defy explanation. ?

Reactions: JackMTaco
If I remember, yes you can... but it's been a while since I had a ST-16 to look at, so I don't remember the route to use to get to that option.

Yuneec Typhoon H and H plus have been most frustrating copters with SD-probs. I got a new C23 camera last autumn as warranty. Yuneec also added a card from Panasonic 16Gb, HC I U3 / 10. It works, but I have a feeling that this H plus should have at least V30 or at least writing speed of 100Mb/s. I have bought Sandisk Extreme 64Gb U3 micro sd xc V30 A2. Copter showed ones it as 32 Gb (it´s exfat) but next time didn´t work at all. Sony card same, and Lexar, none working. This Panasonic doesn´t meet the writing speed of 100 Mb/s but 90. I have had strange flickers at filmfiles. If someone knows a working V30 speed card please tell me.

Yuneec Typhoon H and H plus have been most frustrating copters with SD-probs. I got a new C23 camera last autumn as warranty. Yuneec also added a card from Panasonic 16Gb, HC I U3 / 10. It works, but I have a feeling that this H plus should have at least V30 or at least writing speed of 100Mb/s. I have bought Sandisk Extreme 64Gb U3 micro sd xc V30 A2. Copter showed ones it as 32 Gb (it´s exfat) but next time didn´t work at all. Sony card same, and Lexar, none working. This Panasonic doesn´t meet the writing speed of 100 Mb/s but 90. I have had strange flickers at filmfiles. If someone knows a working V30 speed card please tell me.

My Sandisk exstrfme cards will sometime work and other times don’t recognize them, I don’t get it. The c23 is a fickle soul.

I have at least a dozen of these and I've never had a single issue with them in the C23 or any other Yuneec camera.

Thats so weird, because both my c23’s will sometime work and sometime not using both card with both cameras. I bought both from same seller on eBay, wonder if anything is wrong with the cards themselves, can cards even be bad like that, I.E. sometimes work sometimes not? Can’t think of any other reason.

can cards even be bad like that, I.E. sometimes work sometimes not?
Is your C23 on the latest firmware?
It may not be the card quality so much as the brand of card. I have other cards that I no longer use in the C23 for this very reason.

Is your C23 on the latest firmware?
It may not be the card quality so much as the brand of card. I have other cards that I no longer use in the C23 for this very reason.

Yeah it’s latest firmware. Those SanDisk extreme cards just don’t seem to be consistent. Weirdly enough, I just bought two SanDisk extreme-pro cards and those seem to work oddly enough. What’s difference between extreme and extreme pro?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval