Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Controller constantly Reports Critical Low battery and aborts flight!

Reaction score
Hello there,
OK so I factory reset my controller as suggested and re linked to a "New" Q500 and Camera.
I downloaded the Q500 GUI and checked did the diagnostics and all checked out with GREEN Check marks.
Tested each motor inside the Q500 GUI and all was OK.
However it still goes into Critically Low Voltage after a few seconds of flight even through both the controller and Drone batteries are and actually display fully charged on the Controller screen.
You can IDLE for minutes without a problem.
But within a few seconds to about 30 into any flight the controller will report the Critically Low Battery on the screen and Auto Lands.
Both Batteries are Fully Charged

So What could possibly be going on here?
I am including a link to a video I put together documenting what has happened withing the last three days
Video Link documenting the problems:
I love this bird as I have been researching it for months and finally saw your EBAY store and decided to try one.
I own many other drones and none has been any trouble so far.
I do not want to give up on this drone!
Please suggest to me what to do. Return it? File for Warranty Claim?[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Have you got other batteries to try with someone that is near you? Could eliminate bad batteries or bad charger.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I tried the video link on two computers, and it did not come up. Could be my connection, but if anyone else mentions it, you might want to check the link.

Since I can't see the video:
Does the battery voltage return to normal after you land ?

Don't do anything that might void the warranty. Without more information, this really sounds like it should go back for a replacement.

Last edited:
I tried the video link on two computers, and it did not come up. Could be my connection, but if anyone else mentions it, you might want to check the link.

Don't do anything that might void the warranty. Without more information, this really sounds like it should go back for a replacement.
The video does not function

You I have to reboot everything and start up again. The link should work as the sellers were able to view it. It is not a brand new unit. Factory refurbished. I have 90 days from purchase date. They ate going to send me a brand new in box OEM battery and if th a silver it the we are good. The copter checks out perfect using Yuneec diagnostic GUI. So does the controller so that leaves the bulgy battery. There are much better third party batteries available for less money but I need to verify that is the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy