Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Converting/Playing .AVC ST10 Files

Reaction score
I've searched and cannot find a solution.

The ST-10+ saves the video files with a .avc extension.

I've tried VLC Player, and several others, and cannot open and play the files.

What do I need to either view or convert the .avc files?

RodeoGeorge

I use a free program called Final Media. And I had to reformat the card. That might help ya

Why do you want to use the low quality AVC files instead of the video files from the SD card in the camera?

I asked one of the tech folks and I was told that you cannot watch videos on your phone or the st12 screen. I always thought that was a sad situation but on the s16 it's not an issue. I think you should always be able to watch from the place you shot footage from on the screen. Well I learned a lesson which as a newbie always ask, just not from a sales person.

Ok, I thought it was for the video itself. I wasn’t thinking of field review of the video. It is usually hard to see the screen in daylight so difficult at best to judge footage. Is there any chance the files will play if they are renamed to .mov or .mp4 for the extension?

I just don't know but now I have a much bigger problem. I just went flying before the wind came and then with the drone up at 200 ft. I was about an 1/8 of a mile away in view the wind came and hard. The pic on the screen showed that it was desperately trying to come home but where it landed in this wind it could be anywhere. I drove all around to no avail. I saw a guy in a park truck and we drove around and he knew where the last pic happened before it lost camera connection but I already checked. I'm slowly emptying my 401k. I know I'll buy another one or go for the h.

Find the telemetry file off the sd card in the box.
Get the last Gps location and look it up on Google maps.
It should get you pretty close.
Good luck and happy hunting,
Jafo

Thanks so much but now I have to find the drone. I lost it in the wind today. I searched near and far and drove around the park and saw on the screen the last place it was before dis connecting. I think I'm jinxed because flying is the easiest part. No trouble with that and it wasn't supposed to become windy for another hour and a half. I doubt it will be fixable unless it landed while still powered .

I say again, get the data from the sd card.
You will lose video long before you lose telemetry.
The video image/pic your going off of may not even be close to where the Q actually went down.

Added:
My guess is the Q was transmitting telemetry and when you saw "Disconnected" is when the Q actually came down.

Last edited:
Weather reports are at most it's an estimate and probability what might happen.

Thanks so much for the info. I am going hunting today looking for my little Godzilla.

I've searched and cannot find a solution.

The ST-10+ saves the video files with a .avc extension.

I've tried VLC Player, and several others, and cannot open and play the files.

What do I need to either view or convert the .avc files?

RodeoGeorge
I know this is an old post. but did you try changing the extension of the file to mpg or mp4 and then trying it. couldn't hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval