Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner!

Reaction score
Just a refresher for all. I had a slow responding left stick. After reading all the threads (especially from Steve) it looks like dirty or corroded pots were the cause. I fly my H exclusively over the ocean and I'm not surprised this happened. I was not comfortable just spraying the product in the two access holes behind the ST16 so, I attempted to disassemble the controller. Of course, my luck the one hex nut in the middle - the tiniest one - I couldn't get off. I was missing the one hex needed! :(

So I went ahead and sprayed some CRC Plastic safe in both access holes while stirring the joy sticks. After letting them dry...problem was solved! Hardware monitor confirmed 100% contact now for yaw! I went ahead and cleaned all the motors too.

This stuff is amazing. My instinct tells me, getting any electronic component wet is a no no. I plan to disassemble the chassis soon and clean up all the hardware inside including the battery contacts. Do you think it will be safe to just spray a few burst into the battery bay (battery uninstalled of course) to clean up any corrosion in there? Appreciate everyone's feedback and wisdom to solve my slow stick issue.

673ddb7e-de6d-49d2-82ae-237d795d78ff_1.0627824718334cbb20fb2ac657ef63ed.jpeg

Reactions: rdonson
The method works 90% of the time. The video, however, sucks. That really needs to be redone.
Glad to see all is well with your aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital