Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Created a Thread to Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone,
I am a retiring chef starting out a new startup real estate photography business. Using two Yuneec Typhoon's - love these drones and experiment with them almost every day. Looking to collaborate with other owners and enthusiasts.

Hi everyone,
I am a retiring chef starting out a new startup real estate photography business. Using two Yuneec Typhoon's - love these drones and experiment with them almost every day. Looking to collaborate with other owners and enthusiasts.

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.

Greetings-
I’m a FAA Certified drone pilot from south Ms. I have operated a phantom for the last year, now I’m flying a Typhoon H for Raycom Media ( maybe soon to be Gray Media) we have just deployed out new Drone. So far I’m really Impressed with the Typhoon platform and look forward to many adventures flights.

Hi everyone,
You have any exciting recipes:p?

Hi my name is jay I’m from Los Angeles I have a H Plus. Looking to get the most out of my drone any one with ideas in how to get into mapping out here in LA let me know thanks. Fun flying fellas

Hi, my name is Cesar and I’m from Florida. Just got a Breeze for my birthday and am learning to fly it. Can anyone tell me how long the battery is supposed to last. I’m getting no more than 10 minutes flying time. Appreciate any help

Hi my name is jay I’m from Los Angeles I have a H Plus. Looking to get the most out of my drone any one with ideas in how to get into mapping out here in LA let me know thanks. Fun flying fellas

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.

Hi, my name is Cesar and I’m from Florida. Just got a Breeze for my birthday and am learning to fly it. Can anyone tell me how long the battery is supposed to last. I’m getting no more than 10 minutes flying time. Appreciate any help

Your 10 minute flight time is on par with the rest of us Breeze pilots. Getting one or two spare Breeze OEM batteries is a good idea. Try ordering them from Walmart.

I have plans to purchase the Typhoon H Plus in the very near future. I've been flying my Mavic Pro and Spark for over 1 year and earned my 107 license last year. After much research it makes sense for me to upgrade to a more professional model of drone to take stills and video for clients. I am sold on the new camera with 1" sensor. I live in Stuart, Florida and have several local drone pilots that I fly with.

I have plans to purchase the Typhoon H Plus in the very near future. I've been flying my Mavic Pro and Spark for over 1 year and earned my 107 license last year. After much research it makes sense for me to upgrade to a more professional model of drone to take stills and video for clients. I am sold on the new camera with 1" sensor. I live in Stuart, Florida and have several local drone pilots that I fly with.
I just picked one up a month ago. Love everything about it so far. Great in the wind. Getting better with the 360 camera. I use just video and pick the perfect picture out of the 30 it takes every second with power director 16.

FAA Certified Pilot, I fly the Typhoon Raycom Media. I’ve worked in video production for twenty plus years.

My name is RPR (my mama calls me Akoni) I like drones, and there are lots of taco trucks in the places where I fly.

Hey Cesar, Phil here from Tampa.
I fly the q500, my battery experience has been about the same, even as a new battery. The time on them is about two years, or till that get puffed or expanded.
FLT time was never morning than 10 min, now the two original ones are down to about 5-6 min. They are being retired.
In their place I found an after market battery supplier called Venom, through Hobbie Town.
Flight time way up and great quality. And less expensive.
Batteries will be an on going expense. Good luck.

Reactions: Bfunkwa
Hello everyone, new drone owner, new member here.

My name is Richard Truesdell and I'm an automotive writer and photographer. I write for many magazines around the world and my most recent feature is a cover story I produced for the November issue of Mustang Monthly, photographing a Bullitt Mustang Tribute in San Francisco this Summer. Some shots were taken of the car parked alongside the deli across the street from Frank Bullitt's apartment from the movie (boy I wish I had a drone for this shot).

39963736_224924881535539_7355134788639916032_n.jpg

After a bad experience trying to buy a clone drone from one of the vendors on Wish.com (a terrible company, don't buy anything that costs more than $10 from them) I went to Sammy's Camera in Santa Ana, California, to check out their drones. Not intending to buy anything, I ended up walking out with a Breeze 4K. I don't have buyer's remorse... yet (I haven't opened the packaging yet, so I can return it), I am researching the heck out of my purchase to see if I bought what I need.

My needs? I want to get some aerial shots of the cars I test (as an accredited and published writer I typically have a different car every week). I'm not looking for anything fancy, but want to produce video travelogues of my tests and feel having aerial shots will set apart my videos from the mountain of car-related rubbish one finds on YouTube.

What I see of the Breeze 4K, it appears simple-to-use (an important criterion for me) but I see three limitations of the Breeze 4K. First, my version wasn't packed with a controller. Second, it really doesn't capture 4K stabilized video (not a big issue for me as 1080p@30fps is fine for what I want for my YouTube channel). But its top speed is limited (apparently by its software so it can be used indoors) to about 11mph. I want to know if anyone has hacked the software to raise the top speed to 25mph or a bit faster. What I want to do is get aerial tracking shots of the cars I test during the week I have them.

This week I have a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia that I'm going to drive to Palm Springs, drive completely around the dead Salton Sea, and on to a hotel in nearby Borrego Springs for a story I'm producing for a German travel magazine. I'd love to get some aerial shots of the car as I drive up to some of the landmarks along my route, like the Sonny Bono Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge as well as getting shots of the refuge as well.

So while a limitation of 11mph is OK in approaching the refuge, I would like the flexibility to get longer shots of the car going a bit faster; 25mph would be good, up to 35mph would be great!

Anyone with experience in hacking the Breeze 4K's software, especially the speed limit limitations, could you give me a shout? Or should I return the Breeze 4K and get the DJI Spark. The problem is I paid only $150 for the Breeze 4K and it seems that the Spark is at least three times more expensive. Since I won't be using the drone every day, and I'm not trying to produce a competitor to Jay Leno's Garage, I'm thinking that the Breeze 4K will suit me fine except for the speed limit. If I can overcome that issue, I'll be fine.

So if anyone can help, please give me a shout. I'm also looking to connect with other local Breeze 4K owners that live in South Riverside County, California (I live in Lake Elsinore). If you're a local car enthusiast and experienced drone pilot and would like to join me on one of my road trip-style tests, I'd love to hear from you.

If you would like to see a part of my portfolio, to see what I do in print, click here. I know that I can enhance what I do if I can give my editors some high-quality video for my web presentations, like this trip.

Sorry for the long post but hope someone will see it and can suggest what I should do.

Have a great day,

Richard Truesdell
Contributing Editor, Mustang Monthly, Muscle Car Review, Mopar Muscle, Classic Mercedes (UK)

Reactions: Bfunkwa
Bonjour à tous,
je suis de Belgique, province de Namur.
je termine ma formation pilote de drone en décembre, et cherche à acheter un drone (uav) minimum 6 moteurs obligatoires en Belgique pour survoler des gens;
j'ai peu de temps pour m'entrainer, donc suis un peu presser, je cherche un drone pour m'entraîner et je regarde avec attention le h520, mais voulant continuer à travailler pour les géomètres et architectes, je cherche à obtenir des précisions au centimètre si possible.
Si l'un d'entre vous pourrait m'aider à trouver mon bonheur, je serais enchanté,
Qui peut me renseigner sur le h520-g 3dr et son prix? et où l'acheter? est'il précis tel le dji rtk et sa canne de topographe?
tous vos conseils seront les bienvenus.
merci à vous.

Reactions: Chefinthesky
Hello everyone, new drone owner, new member here.

My name is Richard Truesdell and I'm an automotive writer and photographer. I write for many magazines around the world and my most recent feature is a cover story I produced for the November issue of Mustang Monthly, photographing a Bullitt Mustang Tribute in San Francisco this Summer. Some shots were taken of the car parked alongside the deli across the street from Frank Bullitt's apartment from the movie (boy I wish I had a drone for this shot).

View attachment 12026

After a bad experience trying to buy a clone drone from one of the vendors on Wish.com (a terrible company, don't buy anything that costs more than $10 from them) I went to Sammy's Camera in Santa Ana, California, to check out their drones. Not intending to buy anything, I ended up walking out with a Breeze 4K. I don't have buyer's remorse... yet (I haven't opened the packaging yet, so I can return it), I am researching the heck out of my purchase to see if I bought what I need.

My needs? I want to get some aerial shots of the cars I test (as an accredited and published writer I typically have a different car every week). I'm not looking for anything fancy, but want to produce video travelogues of my tests and feel having aerial shots will set apart my videos from the mountain of car-related rubbish one finds on YouTube.

What I see of the Breeze 4K, it appears simple-to-use (an important criterion for me) but I see three limitations of the Breeze 4K. First, my version wasn't packed with a controller. Second, it really doesn't capture 4K stabilized video (not a big issue for me as 1080p@30fps is fine for what I want for my YouTube channel). But its top speed is limited (apparently by its software so it can be used indoors) to about 11mph. I want to know if anyone has hacked the software to raise the top speed to 25mph or a bit faster. What I want to do is get aerial tracking shots of the cars I test during the week I have them.

This week I have a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia that I'm going to drive to Palm Springs, drive completely around the dead Salton Sea, and on to a hotel in nearby Borrego Springs for a story I'm producing for a German travel magazine. I'd love to get some aerial shots of the car as I drive up to some of the landmarks along my route, like the Sonny Bono Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge as well as getting shots of the refuge as well.

So while a limitation of 11mph is OK in approaching the refuge, I would like the flexibility to get longer shots of the car going a bit faster; 25mph would be good, up to 35mph would be great!

Anyone with experience in hacking the Breeze 4K's software, especially the speed limit limitations, could you give me a shout? Or should I return the Breeze 4K and get the DJI Spark. The problem is I paid only $150 for the Breeze 4K and it seems that the Spark is at least three times more expensive. Since I won't be using the drone every day, and I'm not trying to produce a competitor to Jay Leno's Garage, I'm thinking that the Breeze 4K will suit me fine except for the speed limit. If I can overcome that issue, I'll be fine.

So if anyone can help, please give me a shout. I'm also looking to connect with other local Breeze 4K owners that live in South Riverside County, California (I live in Lake Elsinore). If you're a local car enthusiast and experienced drone pilot and would like to join me on one of my road trip-style tests, I'd love to hear from you.

If you would like to see a part of my portfolio, to see what I do in print, click here. I know that I can enhance what I do if I can give my editors some high-quality video for my web presentations, like this trip.

Sorry for the long post but hope someone will see it and can suggest what I should do.

Have a great day,

Richard Truesdell
Contributing Editor, Mustang Monthly, Muscle Car Review, Mopar Muscle, Classic Mercedes (UK)
nice cars.:cool:

Bonjour à tous,
je suis de Belgique, province de Namur.
je termine ma formation pilote de drone en décembre, et cherche à acheter un drone (uav) minimum 6 moteurs obligatoires en Belgique pour survoler des gens;
j'ai peu de temps pour m'entrainer, donc suis un peu presser, je cherche un drone pour m'entraîner et je regarde avec attention le h520, mais voulant continuer à travailler pour les géomètres et architectes, je cherche à obtenir des précisions au centimètre si possible.
Si l'un d'entre vous pourrait m'aider à trouver mon bonheur, je serais enchanté,
Qui peut me renseigner sur le h520-g 3dr et son prix? et où l'acheter? est'il précis tel le dji rtk et sa canne de topographe?
tous vos conseils seront les bienvenus.
merci à vous.

Bienvenue camarade :) Welcome to the site.

Hey Auto traveler i know i am going to catch **** on here for sayibg this however i have owned both Yuneec products and flown for awhile along with DJI products, there is no comparison BUY DJI MAVIC PRO2 or Phantom 4...etc either way if your looking for a professional piece of equipment you need to go with DJI in my opinion, especially if your new to drones they will literally take the guess work out of shooting from a drone. Anyway good luck

Better with the H+, we're all biased here! I don't like DJI since they were using their drones spying on our military. Plus it looks like a child's toy.

Reactions: DCH
Hello Everyone!

Got a typhoon H, around 40h of flight till now, using it for aerial footage, mainly for architectural survey by photogrammetry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval