Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curve Cable Cam

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has already been posted, I searched Curve Cable Cam and CCC but found no search results. I was testing out CCC yesterday, it worked exactly as its supposed to. It does seem to move from point to point pretty slowly, not sure if there's a way to increase that, but my main question is this:

While in CCC mode I wasn't able to Tilt or Pan the camera, I thought the best use of this feature would be to mark my flight path so I could concentrate on Camera shots and movements while it traveled to it's next point. Can CCC not be used this way?

Thanks,
Chad

Most effective technique is to put the Pan switch to "global" (in the lowest down position), when in CCC.
When you do that, the right stick becomes the camera control for pan and tilt. (since the flying controls
are now being done autonomously by the CCC program you create).

Reactions: ChadCloses
Ahhhhh, thank you Eagle!!! I do remember reading something about using the stick for camera control, but I forgot about that option and how to do it!! I'm LOVING this drone!! It's been performing spectacularly without any issues. I was so nervous at first but now that I'm getting the hang of it and more of the transmitters capabilities it's getting easier and I'm getting quicker at finding the options I need so I'm not wasting so much flight/battery power trying to find them.

Does anyone use the wizard or have used the ipad app to use in team mode for camera control? I personally haven't even turned the wizard on but without a screen to see what the camera is seeing I don't see the point of using it for team mode. I was going to buy another ST16 so my buddy can control the camera while I fly, but if the CGO2 app works like it's supposed to I might save my money and just buy another drone.

I was so nervous at first but now that I'm getting the hang of it and more of the transmitters capabilities it's getting easier and I'm getting quicker at finding the options I need so I'm not wasting so much flight/battery power trying to find them.

Once you get several batteries, test them to determine which has the shortest flight time... Earmark that one to do
onsite calibrations, sitting to gain GPS sat lock, and quick few minute flights to determine/adjust camera settings.
That way you have full power/flight time for your "primary" batteries.

I currently have 4 batteries and plan on buying 2 more since I bought a Dual balanced charger. Seems to charge MUCH faster than the stock charger at 6A 14.8. I never thought about earmarking one of the batteries for compass calibration and initial startup. I seem to consistently get over 14 sats and it acquires them within a min. I've gotten pretty proficient at doing the compass calibrations too, always takes on the first attempt but I will start tracking flight times and mark one of the batteries.

I currently have 4 batteries and plan on buying 2 more since I bought a Dual balanced charger. Seems to charge MUCH faster than the stock charger at 6A 14.8. I never thought about earmarking one of the batteries for compass calibration and initial startup. I seem to consistently get over 14 sats and it acquires them within a min. I've gotten pretty proficient at doing the compass calibrations too, always takes on the first attempt but I will start tracking flight times and mark one of the batteries.
You don't need to bother with the compass cal if everything is working properly. Once I have a good calibration, I leave it alone unless I get a warning or see an org status light. All of the calibrations are stored in the H. When you calibrate every time you risk the possibility of getting a bad calibration which will overwrite the one in memory, so just leave it.

Reactions: Rayray
... move from point to point pretty slowly, not sure if there's a way to increase that ...

Once it's started on its CCC route, bump the left stick up and it'll go faster. Every bump increases the speed.
Conversely, bumping the left stick down will slow it down and then reverse the route.

Are you using any of the 3rd-party CCC route planners? UAV Toolbox does a lot of cool stuff in addition to route planning, and CCC Editor is an easy-to-use browser-based planner

Steve's right, the only time you should need to re-do your compass calibration is if you're a long distance from where you did the previous one or if you know for sure something's wonky.

You don't need to bother with the compass cal if everything is working properly. Once I have a good calibration, I leave it alone unless I get a warning or see an org status light. All of the calibrations are stored in the H. When you calibrate every time you risk the possibility of getting a bad calibration which will overwrite the one in memory, so just leave it.

I only redo the compass calibration if I'm flying over 5 miles from my previous flight location. I don't do it every time if I'm flying in the same location or if I'm going back to that same location before starting it up again.

I only redo the compass calibration if I'm flying over 5 miles from my previous flight location. I don't do it every time if I'm flying in the same location or if I'm going back to that same location before starting it up again.
I understand. However, the magnetic declination of earth may only change 1 or 2 degrees over hundreds of miles. You can get an idea from this graphic:

Attachments

• MagneticDeclination.png
    MagneticDeclination.png
    911.4 KB · Views: 11
Hmmm, twice when I tried starting it up and lifting it off the ground from different locations I instantly received a compass calibibratiom error land immediately but I will try again today and see what happens. Just figured doing it at different locations would provide better accuracy and help insure no flyways.

Hmmm, twice when I tried starting it up and lifting it off the ground from different locations I instantly received a compass calibibratiom error land immediately but I will try again today and see what happens. Just figured doing it at different locations would provide better accuracy and help insure no flyways.
That's interesting and a bit troubling. It almost sounds like the calibration isn't being saved. There are a lot of owners of the H who have never calibrated the compass and it works flawlessly. If it continues to give you an error I would call Yuneec and discuss it. You might need to send them the flight telemetry.

I have a question on this subject guys....so I am also a new owner/user of the H, I watched several videos of compass calibration and most of them do NOT discuss orientation to magnetic north to do this. However I watched Jeff Sibelius' video and he recommends that you orient the H to magnetic north before calibrating. I did not do this. I did calibrate it using every other step though and it performed great on its maiden flight. Is this crucial? or just the preferred method? Should I recalibrate after orienting to magnetic north?

It used to be necessary to face north with some older drones. The Typhoon does not require it, but some people still feel it gives a better result (not that we're superstitious around here). Personally I don't face north and haven't had a problem in hundreds of flights.

The latest firmware is a little more sensitive for some reason, and it's not uncommon for me to get a Compass calibration error when I first take off. Landing and taking off again makes it go away though, so it seems not to be a 'real' fault.

Reactions: Will Barger
I have a question on this subject guys....so I am also a new owner/user of the H, I watched several videos of compass calibration and most of them do NOT discuss orientation to magnetic north to do this. However I watched Jeff Sibelius' video and he recommends that you orient the H to magnetic north before calibrating. I did not do this. I did calibrate it using every other step though and it performed great on its maiden flight. Is this crucial? or just the preferred method? Should I recalibrate after orienting to magnetic north?

"If it ain't broke..."
No, but I do it cause I'm superstitious. As Steve pointed out, no need to redo compass unless you move several hundred miles.

BTW, if you receive a sudden flash of Compass Cal, or GPS lost, set the H down, turn it off, and restart.

Reactions: Will Barger
So I did fly the drone again today, about 10 miles from where I was yesterday when I calibrated it. And I didn't have any issues. Now that I know I don't have to calibrate it every time I move locations that should save me a lot of battery power and time. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tuna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare