Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Customer Service Now

I totally agree.
But I'm have had a couple of fly aways. Thank God forb being under warranty.
Thats when CS was in top of things.

I totally agree.
But I'm have had a couple of fly aways. Thank God forb being under warranty.
Thats when CS was in top of things.
Time to study up on repairing your own drone. Just hope parts will still be available.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
If anyone is looking for parts, I have an H pro w/ Realsense coming on the market soon
Thinking the same thing. I've even for two different CGO3+ cameras, both with Pixaero lenses (two different final lengths), and the Yuneec CGO3 SteadyGrip, not to mention other upgrades. I know Carolina Dronz sells used on consignment, so, for those of us considering selling, that's an option (obviously, in addition to the marketplace, there's also eBay, Craigslist, and others).

Thinking the same thing. I've even for two different CGO3+ cameras, both with Pixaero lenses (two different final lengths), and the Yuneec CGO3 SteadyGrip, not to mention other upgrades. I know Carolina Dronz sells used on consignment, so, for those of us considering selling, that's an option (obviously, in addition to the marketplace, there's also eBay, Craigslist, and others).

I still am not giving up my
TY H

I still am not giving up my
TY H
No one asked you to. The TH was, and still is, a "very good, and very capable" drone. Unfortunately, it never lived up to the hype, and it never lived up to the promises Yuneec made people to its actual release. Yes, they made several of those promises come true, and they got close...so very close...with other promises, but, in regards to certain other promises, they failed.

I'm not saying that Yuneec is alone in this...others, including DJI, have also made "promises" that were either halfway followed through on and/or failed to materialize...but, the promises made should have been so simple to include in firmware updates (some should have been there from the beginning), yet, they never did. Is not that the hardware wasn't 'capable'...it's more like Yuneec just 'gave up'. Look at the original TH (which is what I, and most others have) - they completely stopped support on it less than 18 months after it was released. Others typically support theirs for a minimum of 2 years, if not longer.

No one asked you to. The TH was, and still is, a "very good, and very capable" drone. Unfortunately, it never lived up to the hype, and it never lived up to the promises Yuneec made people to its actual release. Yes, they made several of those promises come true, and they got close...so very close...with other promises, but, in regards to certain other promises, they failed.

I'm not saying that Yuneec is alone in this...others, including DJI, have also made "promises" that were either halfway followed through on and/or failed to materialize...but, the promises made should have been so simple to include in firmware updates (some should have been there from the beginning), yet, they never did. Is not that the hardware wasn't 'capable'...it's more like Yuneec just 'gave up'. Look at the original TH (which is what I, and most others have) - they completely stopped support on it less than 18 months after it was released. Others typically support theirs for a minimum of 2 years, if not longer.
Can you elaborate on those broken promises?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Can you elaborate on those broken promises?
I'll be honest...with the exception of one, I can no longer remember what, specifically, they are...but, I DO remember watching the pre-release videos, as well as reading up on the TH. Promises made are a big part of what led me to selling my Phantom 3 Pro, and ordering the TH. Unfortunately, several things mentioned (in "print", as well as in the videos) either took a VERY long time to materialize, or they never did.

As for the one I do remember, Yuneec has said one of the features would be the ability to control the TY with the ST16, while the camera would keep a selected "object" (fairly) centered. I'm not referring to "follow me" mode, where the camera tried to keep the ST16 'centered', while the operator controls the TH...I'm referring to the ability of the operator, using the ST16, to control the TH, while the camera keeps any other selected "object" centered. In one of the videos (unfortunately, it's no longer able to be found), one of the engineers described how, using the Wizard as a sort-of "homing beacon", the operator would have complete control of the TH, while the camera would center on the Wizard's location, no matter what position the TH was in. That feature, alone, was one of the biggest reasons I wanted the TH...yet, it's a feature that NEVER materialized.

I hear you.
2 Years is good support.
I wish there was not so much of a push , or rush in our society. Ya know what I mean? I like things that last for years.

If it’s still warm and moves when it gets poked there’s still life in it.

Ya’ll can dissect and define that at your leisure[emoji56]

When I made my decision to buy my TH one of those 'promises' that Yuneec made that swung me in my decision was the promise of a range of cameras. yes, we got the CGO-ET but that was it. I had it in mind that there would be a camera to do close in inspections and such like at the very least.

So, not an entirely broken promise since we got the CGO-ET, but not the promise I had in mind. I love my TH but it won't do all the things that I thought it would do when I was making my decision. I bought it specifically for my commercial business which sometimes involves close up inspections. I can still do that but I sometimes need to fly it much closer to things than I like to do. Yes, I can get another CGO3+ and install a third party lens but that's beside the point.

Perhaps if more people made purchase decisions based on what any particular drone model could do right now instead of looking at them like a lottery ticket there would be less disappointment.

If people need or want a drone to do this or that and bought the one that would instead of one that eventually might they would spend a lot mor time doing instead of wishing. Then we have the group that should have spent more time assessing their needs to establish features and functionality. How can we buy the right product if we don’t know what we need or what we are qualified to do?

Ultimately, owning a drone that can’t do what is needed is not a drone manufacturer’s fault. It was poor decision making on the buyer’s part that put the drone in their possession.

Perhaps if more people made purchase decisions based on what any particular drone model could do right now instead of looking at them like a lottery ticket there would be less disappointment.

If people need or want a drone to do this or that and bought the one that would instead of one that eventually might they would spend a lot mor time doing instead of wishing. Then we have the group that should have spent more time assessing their needs to establish features and functionality. How can we buy the right product if we don’t know what we need or what we are qualified to do?

Ultimately, owning a drone that can’t do what is needed is not a drone manufacturer’s fault. It was poor decision making on the buyer’s part that put the drone in their possession.
I made my decision based on misleading claims about a range of cameras that would be available for the TH. OK, I fell for those misleading promises but I disagree that my decision was a poor one. I made that decision based on the information that I had at the time...information that later proved to be flawed. (is flawed the right word here? how about lied to?).

That said, I am still happy with my TH. I can get by with close inspections by simply flying closer to the object to be inspected and the cruise control helps in that regard. I can get another CGO3+ and swap out the lens if more close in inspections land on my doormat, so there is a solution. I would have been happier if Yuneec would have made the appropriate camera available suitable for close inspections...but it's not the end of the world...just not ideal.

I made my decision based on misleading claims about a range of cameras that would be available for the TH. OK, I fell for those misleading promises but I disagree that my decision was a poor one. I made that decision based on the information that I had at the time...information that later proved to be flawed. (is flawed the right word here? how about lied to?).

That said, I am still happy with my TH. I can get by with close inspections by simply flying closer to the object to be inspected and the cruise control helps in that regard. I can get another CGO3+ and swap out the lens if more close in inspections land on my doormat, so there is a solution. I would have been happier if Yuneec would have made the appropriate camera available suitable for close inspections...but it's not the end of the world...just not ideal.
Does any other camera in the Yuneec System/ range fit your potential needs? As in H520 etc. Or is it a camera you wish was made? Does it exist in another Drone manufacturers range?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda