Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Customer Service Now

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to contact Yuneec customer service in the last week or so ?
What have been your experiences ?
All comments welcome
Thank You
Keith Kuhn

Can't speak for how their CS is in other countries, but, here in the U.S., it's gone downhill...REALLY downhill. A year ago, CS & tech support was great. You could call them almost any time during business hours, and a tech would take as long as it took to either resolve the problem, or determine that a repair was needed.

Now, you have to go to their website to schedule a "callback appointment", which, depending on available openings, could be the following day, or the following week. Making matters worse, you're allowed only 15 minutes. If they can't resolve the problem within that time, another callback appointment will have to be scheduled, or they'll tell you to go online to set up a repair order.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Can't speak for how their CS is in other countries, but, here in the U.S., it's gone downhill...REALLY downhill. A year ago, CS & tech support was great. You could call them almost any time during business hours, and a tech would take as long as it took to either resolve the problem, or determine that a repair was needed.

Now, you have to go to their website to schedule a "callback appointment", which, depending on available openings, could be the following day, or the following week. Making matters worse, you're allowed only 15 minutes. If they can't resolve the problem within that time, another callback appointment will have to be scheduled, or they'll tell you to go online to set up a repair order.

Thanks
I did not know if it had changed at all for the better. I too remember the
Great CS they had.
Let me know if things get
better as time goes on.
Keith Kuhn
[email protected]

Yes called Maria at Yuneec yesterday to confirm some availabilty of parts, which were sent out yesterday. Find them easy to contact by phone or email, 2 hour drive to visit, seem like a good team still, here in UK.

Last edited:
I had reason to give Yuneec U.K. a call a couple of moths ago and was very surprised that they answered within just a couple of rings. I agree with @Mrgs1 . Seems here in the U.K. they are still good.

I tired to contact them on Monday Oct 28th. No luck...no one was ever in...ALL DAY. Eventually even put in a "ticket" for a repair. Have heard nothing but crickets since. I agree...when I first purchased my Yuneec (I actually have an H520), tech support was good if not great. Tech stayed on at least a chat until we could resolve issues. Now...can't seem to get ANYONE to respond. Alas getting the same response from the company I purchased the package from (Vertigo Drones). But...there does seem to have been a drone conference in Las Vegas last week...so I'm going to see what happens on Monday (I have to confess...I'm not hopeful). When looking to start my drone buisness a year ago I went with Yuneec over "that other company" because I heard their (that other company's) Tech Support was awful and that Yuneec's was much better. Uhhhhhh....I'm from Missouri (gotta "Show Me")

Good thing your in Missouri as KAV Service is there. If negotiations go well with Yuneec you may be able to hand deliver your H520 and pick it up when repaired and avoid shipping delays. We’ll see what happens in the next week or so.
See response to your other post too.

Good thing your in Missouri as KAV Service is there. If negotiations go well with Yuneec you may be able to hand deliver your H520 and pick it up when repaired and avoid shipping delays. We’ll see what happens in the next week or so.
Thanks!. I also just replied to your other post. Yes...IF I can get covered under warranty (certainly wasn't pilot error..and I don't say that to brag...would be more than willing to fess up if it had been me)...I'm more than happy too drive over to KC (only about 2 hours away)

Between you tube and myself I do 99% of my repairs. I learned a lot when I built my typhoon H from the ground up. If I need help with something I stop here first,them my second stop is Terrestrial Imaging.com
Thanks! I'll check it out (I use YouTube "University" as I call it for lots of similar things...just was hoping I would have to go this route). The H520 "should" be repairable (although not sure how I'll trust the electronics going forward...it does still power up). LOTs of part to replace. And of course the camera is toast.

Be a good idea to drive by see if there's any life there, or is it shut up?

Be a good idea to drive by see if there's any life there, or is it shut up?
I might well resort to that this week...but will probably be later in the week. IF I can confirm their "future" status as a Yuneec repair site I'll certainly share

Before Jeff got some information from YCS and posted his video (Thank you very much), I sent this email off to KAV since my repaired H520 was shipped out just before they went "dark", but I had no information from them about what the problem was or what they did to it or if they did a test flight or not.

Email:
Sara,
If anyone at KAV is listening or cares about their clients, I urge you to respond to your phone calls and emails. When a company doesn't reply it sends a message that thier customers interpret as "gone under" "out of business" "bankruptcy" etc.
You might want to check this link out at Yuneecpilots.com...

KAV Status???
KAV Status??? | Yuneec Drone Forum
Does anyone know what is going on with KAV? I've called and emailed them all week for an update for my drone thats been there for over a month. KAV told me...
yuneecpilots.com
If the issue is with a parts shortage from Yuneec, you need to say so and keep your clients informed, otherwise complete silence is disrespectful to your clients and leads to speculation about what is going on.

I am also one of your victims of silence as I have asked several times for a report on my ticket 22668. I do not even know if it was repaired properly as it was shipped to a drop ship location and I haven't picked it up yet.

Very disappointed....

While Jeff's call did uncover a bit of the mystery, the basic fundamentals of customer service should still apply - respect your customers by giving them good, prompt service and keep them informed on any chanes in customer service. All companies should know that "word of mouth" advertising is one of the most powerful especially with social media and its a double edged sword.

With resect to the staff at Yuneec USA, I suspect that staff cuts over the past year or so have left the current personel overloaded, and hence, no chat, no email response, no live phone response, only scheduled 15 minute call backs and sub-contracted out repair. Seems like a night and day contrast compared to UK/Euro CS. Ironic because I assume the N. American Yuneec sales would be the larger market.

Reactions: Steve Carr
My friend is going to visit kav tomorrow. I put this on general discussions. He will wait until someone answers the door via the door buzzer or banging on the door all day until someone answers. He's not a drone guy but he's been there with me and thought like me that everyone was friendly. If there are no cars in the driveway then something strange must be happening.

My friend is going to visit kav tomorrow. I put this on general discussions. He will wait until someone answers the door via the door buzzer or banging on the door all day until someone answers. He's not a drone guy but he's been there with me and thought like me that everyone was friendly. If there are no cars in the driveway then something strange must be happening.

Any word on this? I've called three times leaving messages on their voicemail, have emailed twice. Crickets. My Yes! plan expires in 12 days and I need repairs. Other options?

Any word on this? I've called three times leaving messages on their voicemail, have emailed twice. Crickets. My Yes! plan expires in 12 days and I need repairs. Other options?
If it is already in for repair you are covered. If you are opening a new ticket you need to contact Yuneec CS first to use your Yes! plan. Get on the Yuneec website and schedule a Support call before Yes! expires and get your RMA for the repair.

If it is already in for repair you are covered. If you are opening a new ticket you need to contact Yuneec CS first to use your Yes! plan. Get on the Yuneec website and schedule a Support call before Yes! expires and get your RMA for the repair.

Thank you so very much for your reply! I've done that within the last 30 minutes.

Thank you so very much for your reply! I've done that within the last 30 minutes.
I would hold off sending it to KAV Service until more is learned about what is going on there. You have the problem registered with Yuneec before your warranty is expired. Just let them know you are not comfortable sending it to KAV until the issues are cleared up there.

@Linda Q, you might want to read this post Update on kav tomorrow hopefully and the other KAV Service threads before sending your warranty work to them. Seems the only thing getting worked on and returned to the customer is non-warranty repair. So if you want to pay out of pocket there should be no problem. But at this point your property will sit on a shelf until KAV and Yuneec can work out their differences.

If I personally had something that needed warranty repair, I would file my claim with Yuneec and let them know that my property would not be sent in until they can provide timely service and that they need to extend my warranty as long as is necessary to cover their shortcomings in the matter.

@Linda Q, you might want to read this post Update on kav tomorrow hopefully and the other KAV Service threads before sending your warranty work to them. Seems the only thing getting worked on and returned to the customer is non-warranty repair. So if you want to pay out of pocket there should be no problem. But at this point your property will sit on a shelf until KAV and Yuneec can work out their differences.

If I personally had something that needed warranty repair, I would file my claim with Yuneec and let them know that my property would not be sent in until they can provide timely service and that they need to extend my warranty as long as is necessary to cover their shortcomings in the matter.

I just got off the phone with a very nice man from Yuneec who listened to all the issues with the drone, revised the repair authorization and is sending me a shipping label. It will be going to another service company, not KAV. I haven't received the shipping label yet, so I don't know where, but I explained that I hadn't heard good things about KAV and he told me it was going to another service option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy