Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Customer Service Now

Before the H first came out it was advertised to be a retractable gear hex with a 360* gimbal, 4k camera. There was also advertisement of an upcoming thermal camera and a claim of 20+ minute flight times. With the exception of flight times the advertising was pretty accurate while the performance features were expanded over time afterwards.

In any case, there was not much talk about other cameras for the H until the 520 was starting to be discussed. The 520 and it’s E-90 camera was supposed to be Yuneec’s 1” sensor, 20mpx solution for the enterprise market, along with the 12mpx E-50 “close up” inspection camera. It was at that time people started clamoring for the E-90 to be retrofit to the H-480. Despite Yuneec releasing a statement such would happen, it never came to pass.

With the above in mind, I don’t recall Yuneec ever advertising a wider camera selection for the H-480 than it was originally released with. Some people wanted and hoped for more but they had the option of buying other platforms that could do what they desired without having to wait in hope their desires might eventually be fulfilled.

Buying old technology with the hopes it will be updated to match new and evolving technology over time is a risky move and the odds are not in our favor.

IMHO, those that were “bamboozled” with camera advertising were those that bought the 520 and H Plus. It took almost 6 months from model release for the E-50 camera to start showing up. The Plus with the C-23 was supposed to have a straight shooting, 20mpx camera but lens distortion was so bad Yuneec had to develop a software crop to hide the distortion. I stopped paying attention to the H Plus shortly after it was found wanting so I don’t know if Yuneec ever bothered to set up a longer focal length camera for it. With both the 520 and H Plus the owners wound up mission restricted through factory design. Yet there are still some that will buy using hopes and wishes as decision factors.

Last edited:
I wish they would have continued to build on the 480 for at least 5 years.
Like you say just adding different cameras as desired.
I am still very happy with my Cgo3+

In their own way, should Yuneec actually follow through this time, that’s what the H-3 is all about.

Apparently they have paid at least some attention and, at least for appearances, are releasing a basic platform with payload and software versatility. If they actually do it and have developed a spread of payloads that truly exist and will be available when the airframe is released they could finally achieve success.

However, they have to find a way to overcome the public perception they have generated; as being a company that promises what they never deliver. The H-3 absolutely has to be complete, tested, fault free, with payload and accessory availability coming out of the gate. Anything less will be viewed as business as usual.

In their own way, should Yuneec actually follow through this time, that’s what the H-3 is all about.

Apparently they have paid at least some attention and, at least for appearances, are releasing a basic platform with payload and software versatility. If they actually do it and have developed a spread of payloads that truly exist and will be available when the airframe is released they could finally achieve success.

However, they have to find a way to overcome the public perception they have generated; as being a company that promises what they never deliver. The H-3 absolutely has to be complete, tested, fault free, with payload and accessory availability coming out of the gate. Anything less will be viewed as business as usual.
Just curious, but, what does any of that have to do with customer service...or, more specifically, the quality (or lack thereof) of customer service?

The conversation drifted a little but not that much. It initiated with mention of camera promises and faults.

Is there anything left to be said about current customer service or are we going to continue beating on something we can do little or nothing about aside from wait?

Just curious, but, what does any of that have to do with customer service...or, more specifically, the quality (or lack thereof) of customer service?
How you manage and develop your products could have an impact on your customer service. If you don't listen and change, then how can you properly care for your customers when a problem arises, because your in such a mess.

Does any other camera in the Yuneec System/ range fit your potential needs? As in H520 etc. Or is it a camera you wish was made? Does it exist in another Drone manufacturers range?
H520 cameras would have done for me. But there's another rub: There was talk from Yuneec that the E50 would have been made available for mounting on the TH and look what happened there.

Edit to say that the E50 would have done for me.

Last edited:
H520 cameras would have done for me. But there's another rub: There was talk from Yuneec that the E50 would have been made available for mounting on the TH and look what happened there.
Same as C23, you can still put a deposit on it at Hobbmounts and Drones direct still for your H.

With the above in mind, I don’t recall Yuneec ever advertising a wider camera selection for the H-480 than it was originally released with. Some people wanted and hoped for more but they had the option of buying other platforms that could do what they desired without having to wait in hope their desires might eventually be fulfilled.
I remember it differently. I remember that in some of the blurbs that the TH was designed to be able to take a range of camera options that would later become available, Whether I simply remember it wrong or that we, in the U.K. were given information that was different from that available over the pond I can't say, but I was distinctly under the impression that there was a promise of a selection of cameras.

Of course, things have moved on and that stuff is now water well and truly under the bridge (unless you live in parts of South Yorkshire or the North East Midlands which are largely under flood water as I write this). Now it is what it is and I suppose that if I desperately wanted an E50 camera then I suppose that I should get a H520. Indeed, I did court the idea of getting an H520 shortly after they became available but , in the end, I decided against it.

Like I've previously said, there is always the option of a second CGO3+ with a lens swap...

I remember it differently. I remember that in some of the blurbs that the TH was designed to be able to take a range of camera options that would later become available, Whether I simply remember it wrong or that we, in the U.K. were given information that was different from that available over the pond I can't say, but I was distinctly under the impression that there was a promise of a selection of cameras.

Of course, things have moved on and that stuff is now water well and truly under the bridge (unless you live in parts of South Yorkshire or the North East Midlands which are largely under flood water as I write this). Now it is what it is and I suppose that if I desperately wanted an E50 camera then I suppose that I should get a H520. Indeed, I did court the idea of getting an H520 shortly after they became available but , in the end, I decided against it.

Like I've previously said, there is always the option of a second CGO3+ with a lens swap...
Your area must of had a soaking? There's more to come tomorrow, the gardens need it.?

Your area must of had a soaking? There's more to come tomorrow, the gardens need it.?
You bugger. ;)
Actually, where I live isn't too bad. I live a little further North of where the main floods are. And I live on high ground so the likelihood of my house getting flooded is zero. That said, we've had much more than out fair share of rain recently. Indeed, I've yet to test fly that battery I got from Jessops...I just can't find a window in the weather to test it.

The conversation drifted a little but not that much. It initiated with mention of camera promises and faults.

Is there anything left to be said about current customer service or are we going to continue beating on something we can do little or nothing about aside from wait?

Correct, let's get back on track. Customer service
Is the topic. The Typhoon H is a nice Copter.
And customer service used to be great.

And customer service used to be great.

Indeed it was. During the period Horizon Hobby was the distributor of the Blade line of Yuneec products the level of customer service was the standard all others were judged by.

That level of service decreased a little after the release of the 920 but remained generally good for the first year after the release of the H-480. Degradation of service progressed rapidly thereafter.

IMO, unless some company buys Yuneec and changes the name I just don’t see Yuneec returning to the high customer service standards they had established. Bankruptcies, fiscal mis management, failure to correctly read the market and design new products accordingly, spoiler attacks from another manufacturer, have all combined to leave Yuneec in a position that prohibits expending the capital necessary to maintain a good customer service department.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Indeed it was. During the period Horizon Hobby was the distributor of the Blade line of Yuneec products the level of customer service was the standard all others were judged by.

That level of service decreased a little after the release of the 920 but remained generally good for the first year after the release of the H-480. Degradation of service progressed rapidly thereafter.

IMO, unless some company buys Yuneec and changes the name I just don’t see Yuneec returning to the high customer service standards they had established. Bankruptcies, fiscal mis management, failure to correctly read the market and design new products accordingly, spoiler attacks from another manufacturer, have all combined to leave Yuneec in a position that prohibits expending the capital necessary to maintain a good customer service department.

Like you say perhaps a name change.
I guess time will tell.
What's the deal with the new partnership with Leica ?

That sounds like a “darned if you don’t, darned if you do” type question.

If we desire better cameras I don’t believe it reasonable to expect toy makers to create one. It’s for that reason we have for so long been saddled with cameras derived from cheap security cameras.

Last edited:
Teaming up with leica they hope it will give them a reputation of quality, nostalgia dependability of leica of the past, perhaps leica thought teaming up with them will breath new life into their brand too, will it be a success, judging by the betrayal people feel here possibly no, and are there enough new adopters, possibly not the drone market seems to dying quite a bit.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Teaming up with leica they hope it will give them a reputation of quality, nostalgia dependability of leica of the past, perhaps leica thought teaming up with them will breath new life into their brand too, will it be a success, judging by the betrayal people feel here possibly no, and are there enough new adopters, possibly not the drone market seems to dying quite a bit.

I believe the drone market is getting saturated too.

It just another "pet rock" frenzy, (gotta have one), now the fad is wearing out. Though it won't be completely "outa sight outa mind" , just not the cool thing to have! So what's newest and next best faddish thing......?

Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss