Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

dashware fixed, but not fixed!

Reaction score
ive been fighting with dashware forever now, and just got the older version to work, but wouldnt render a video because 4k was too hi-res, caused it to crash. now i have the latest dashware and its supposed to "fix" the not working with windows 10 business....except now the gpx files i converted for the older version wont work with the new one. anyone have a .csv file converter they use with dashware? at this point the entire "flight data overlay" is becoming a unicorn. ive seen it on videos but i have yet to get one put on my video. it really shouldnt be DAYS worth of work to create a 10 minute video, but at this point its been MONTHS to get one with data overlay.

UAV Toolbox provides telemetry conversion and a Dashware profile for use with the tool. However, since the latest update I can't get it to render anything once I've set up the overlay, so I'm just as stuck as you are.

Reactions: crashmoney
Crashmonkey
First
You may have trouble using the 4K videos version unless you have a powerful computer.

Others have posted about the new version not working
Dashware 1.9.0

Try this: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/ Use the second q500 log as it is the English version
Download the manual and read up on how to convert the Typhoon Flight data as a cvs file for use in Dashware.
Its is just a couple of clicks of the mouse.
You also need to download the Yuneec Q500 v1.5 profile and insert it into your profile directory in Dashware
Insert telemetry typhoon h in video with dashware
Read H-Elsner's instructions.

or use Tuna's Toolbox to convert the files...

I used this video Dashware Yuneec Q500+ With Drop Shadow to learn how to use dashware.

If you have two or three videos from one flight, you have to merge all the videos into one video to use/get the correct telemetry data to work in Dashware. ( I use version 1.7.37 )
I takes me about 20-25 minutes to create/render a Dashware video file with the Telementry data on it.
I then use Pinnacle Studio 15 to edit the video and add music and sound effects.
I take about 45-70 minutes to render a 8-10 minute video and then about another hour to load it up to Youtube.
Not an all easy one set task !
I am using my Alienware Windows 7 gaming machine.

I am still just learning and here are two videos I uploaded yesterday....just to see what I can dco.
In the River Videos I noticed that the speed was not correct in some portions of the video.
Cold River Flyover
Struble Flyover with Helicopter Sound and ATC
Caution ! Both Videos are about 10 minutes long and Probably Boaring ! but I just wanted to watch the data and see how it responds.
I hope this helps !

Crashmonkey
First
You may have trouble using the 4K videos version unless you have a powerful computer.

Others have posted about the new version not working
Dashware 1.9.0

Try this: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/ Use the second q500 log as it is the English version
Download the manual and read up on how to convert the Typhoon Flight data as a cvs file for use in Dashware.
Its is just a couple of clicks of the mouse.
You also need to download the Yuneec Q500 v1.5 profile and insert it into your profile directory in Dashware
Insert telemetry typhoon h in video with dashware
Read H-Elsner's instructions.

or use Tuna's Toolbox to convert the files...

I used this video Dashware Yuneec Q500+ With Drop Shadow to learn how to use dashware.

If you have two or three videos from one flight, you have to merge all the videos into one video to use/get the correct telemetry data to work in Dashware. ( I use version 1.7.37 )
I takes me about 20-25 minutes to create/render a Dashware video file with the Telementry data on it.
I then use Pinnacle Studio 15 to edit the video and add music and sound effects.
I take about 45-70 minutes to render a 8-10 minute video and then about another hour to load it up to Youtube.
Not an all easy one set task !
I am using my Alienware Windows 7 gaming machine.

I am still just learning and here are two videos I uploaded yesterday....just to see what I can dco.
In the River Videos I noticed that the speed was not correct in some portions of the video.
Cold River Flyover
Struble Flyover with Helicopter Sound and ATC
Caution ! Both Videos are about 10 minutes long and Probably Boaring ! but I just wanted to watch the data and see how it responds.
I hope this helps !
i combine all the separate videos into one with dashware, that works great. im having no issues now with getting telemerty data added to the video, and i downgrade everything to 1080 to make sure its compatible with dashware, its just when i try to "create video" it instantly crashes and thats the end of it. i have no idea what is causing it but ive followed a dozen tutorials and they all say the same thing. im using windows 10 with the newest version of dashware as 1.7 was broken by a windows update. the only thing i can think of doing is installing 1.7, deleting the dll file that will make it work again and then try the older version.

That's so annoying :) Since I've installed the latest version of Dashware, I can't render any videos. Argh!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval