Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Is there a way to make the Typhoon H never take JPEGs ever again? I was working a job for a client today and when I landed to switch out the battery it switched back to JPEGs instead of DNGs. So now most of the images I am sending are lower quality that what's ideal (and 16:9 instead of 4:3).

This seems to be caused by the fact that the CGO3+ is by default is in "Video Mode" when you turn it on which causes the camera button on the ST16 to trigger JPEG captures instead of DNG captures. Is there any way to make "Camera Mode" the default on boot or force the camera button to switch the CGO3+ over to Camera Mode if it's in Video Mode?

Last edited:
Is there a way to make the Typhoon H never take JPEGs ever again? I was working a job for a client today and when I landed to switch out the battery it switched back to JPEGs instead of DNGs. So now most of the images I am sending are lower quality that what's ideal (and 16:9 instead of 4:3).

This seems to be caused by the fact that the CGO3+ is by default is in "Video Mode" when you turn it on which causes the camera button on the ST16 to trigger JPEG captures instead of DNG captures. Is there any way to make "Camera Mode" the default on boot or force the camera button to switch the CGO3+ over to Camera Mode if it's in Video Mode?
I have had the same problem many times, it is irritating to say the least

Nope, it’s up to you

True. Sadly, only Yuneec can program how the CGO3+ operates. It really ought to hold settings same as any DSLR or other prosumer camera. My Shutter Speed, WB, ISO, shooting mode really ought to stay in place - it's a huge time waster to have to reset them every time. Does Yuneec receive feature requests anywhere? An cursory Google search turns up nothing on that front. Maybe call CS?

It is just a guess, but if Yuneec decides to add this feature (as well as retaining multiple binding settings on the controller, to easily swap out cameras) you are going to find it on the H+ and C23, before they firmware upgrade the CGO3+.

It is just a guess, but if Yuneec decides to add this feature (as well as retaining multiple binding settings on the controller, to easily swap out cameras) you are going to find it on the H+ and C23, before they firmware upgrade the CGO3+.

I sure hope so. Looks like the C23 will be fixed 23mm? I wish the CGO4 was compatible with the H, I would kill for some interchangeable lenses (instead of interchangeable $1000 cameras o_O)

Between the additional weight of a longer lens to accommodate the larger sensor and the further weight added in for the more complex lens design of an optical zoom... it would end up being a much larger and pricier bird... kind like the Tornado... ;)

I sure hope so. Looks like the C23 will be fixed 23mm? I wish the CGO4 was compatible with the H, I would kill for some interchangeable lenses (instead of interchangeable $1000 cameras o_O)

If the CGO4 was compatible with the H, I don't think the bird could lift it :p

Between the additional weight of a longer lens to accommodate the larger sensor and the further weight added in for the more complex lens design of an optical zoom... it would end up being a much larger and pricier bird... kind like the Tornado... ;)

haha. Yeah Wow, I didn't realize the CGO4 was 1200g to the CGO3+'s 255. It doesn't look that much bigger in the pictures but yeah, wow...

If the CGO4 was compatible with the H, I don't think the bird could lift it [emoji14]

True. A CGO4 with gimbal is not far off the total weight of the Typhoon H. I’ll weigh both some day to determine exactly what they both are but the H cannot lift a CHO-4 assembly.

BTW, the CGO-4 retains most of the previously used settings and there are a lot of them. So they have done it before.

As for pricing lenses, check out the cost of an Olympus 12mm f2 prime for a Lumix GH-4. That’s one of the interchangables that fits a CGO-4. There are places discounting the CGO-4 ProAction with camera for $1799.00. They aren’t cheap;)

Last edited:
True. A CGO4 with gimbal is not far off the total weight of the Typhoon H. I’ll weigh both some day to determine exactly what they both are but the H cannot lift a CHO-4 assembly.

As for pricing lenses, check out the cost of an Olympus 12mm f2 prime for a Lumix GH-4. That’s one of the interchangables that fits a CGO-4. There are places discounting the CGO-4 ProAction with camera for $1799.00. They aren’t cheap;)
The lens is the most important part of the camera so I will pay what is necessary

The cg03+ will stick to DNG. Once you make the selection in camera settings, then you must change the camera from video mode to stills mode on the right side of the home screen. If you take a still in the video mode it will always default to JPEG. If you switch to stills mode it will stick to whatever you set in the camera settings. Alternatively, wish it could shoot DNG burst or continuous.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
The lens is the most important part of the camera so I will pay what is necessary

I understand that, you understand that, but many don’t. Price is everything and many expect the performance of an f1.8, 15 element prime lens for less than $100.00.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval