Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone work at Yuneec?

Reaction score
I have a Case #143223: Online Repair Request that has been open since October of 2019 and first sent my drone in September 2019 which was just sent back with nothing done. I have tried the Chat on the site here Aerial Drones | Yuneec USA as well as tried calling sales on the case. No one ever comes up and chat and the calls say you are first in line , attempts to go to voice mail then just hangs up. I would like my drone back or a discounted Mantis for all this nonsense. As for would be buyers I would avoid buying any Yuneec products at this time.

Just to let you know we are all Yuneec owners just like you. We are not affiliated with Yuneec and receive no support or recompense from Yuneec.

To address your problem you should access the Yuneec website and schedule a support phone appointment instead of using the chat option. Calling sales will do no good as it is for Yuneec dealers. Assuming you are in the US your aircraft was originally sent to KAV Services for warranty repair. Due to Yuneec not paying KAV for services they were performing, all warranty work was sent to either Vertigo Drones in NY or Ascend Services LLC in Chino, CA in late October 2019.

Please make a phone support appointment, give your case number, and demand to know where your aircraft was sent, when repairs will be effected, and when you will get your property back in proper operating condition.

I have been emailing weekly. How do you know about the changes in service companies?

Discussion about KAV has been going on for sometime now . You can use search at top right of page by magnifying glass.I found lots of info by typing kav out of business. May help you feel better and learn what happened Good luck Keith

Reactions: DoomMeister
I have been emailing weekly. How do you know about the changes in service companies?
Yuneec does not respond to unsolicited email. I have even had them ignore emails from within the support case correspondence. @7cyclops is spot on about all the hullabaloo when KAV Service had enough of not being paid by Yuneec for warranty repairs. There were at least two major threads on this forum discussing all of the dung hitting the proverbial fan. As I said in the first post, the only way you will ever contact Yuneec is with the scheduled support phone call.

When you do talk to them, make sure you find out where your drone is at, and the information of how you can contact the repair facility that has it, and a phone number and real person contact within that facility to get status of the repair. I think you’ve been put off long enough. You should make the appointment and demand resolution.

I have a Case #143223: Online Repair Request that has been open since October of 2019 and first sent my drone in September 2019 which was just sent back with nothing done. I have tried the Chat on the site here Aerial Drones | Yuneec USA as well as tried calling sales on the case. No one ever comes up and chat and the calls say you are first in line , attempts to go to voice mail then just hangs up. I would like my drone back or a discounted Mantis for all this nonsense. As for would be buyers I would avoid buying any Yuneec products at this time.
Do you have a RA# from Yiuneec? If so call Vertigo Drones in Webster NY and give them your RA# and they should be able to help you.

Reactions: Jimmie
Just to let you know we are all Yuneec owners just like you. We are not affiliated with Yuneec and receive no support or recompense from Yuneec.

To address your problem you should access the Yuneec website and schedule a support phone appointment instead of using the chat option. Calling sales will do no good as it is for Yuneec dealers. Assuming you are in the US your aircraft was originally sent to KAV Services for warranty repair. Due to Yuneec not paying KAV for services they were performing, all warranty work was sent to either Vertigo Drones in NY or Ascend Services LLC in Chino, CA in late October 2019.

Please make a phone support appointment, give your case number, and demand to know where your aircraft was sent, when repairs will be effected, and when you will get your property back in proper operating condition.
There might be the odd employee on here, but they wouldn't make it public, they'd be given a lot of stick if they did!

Anybody have any knowledge that the other 2 new repair facilities will be different? .Just asking because mine has been in repair limbo since almost identical time Oct 2019.moved from KAV to New York.I put in a chat email into Vertigo Friday, We will see what Monday holds

Anybody have any knowledge that the other 2 new repair facilities will be different? .Just asking because mine has been in repair limbo since almost identical time Oct 2019.moved from KAV to New York.I put in a chat email into Vertigo Friday, We will see what Monday holds
I've heard there was only one place all the repair work went to from Kav Service. Vertigo Drones in Webster New York. If your drone went in for a warranty Exchange then it went to Yuneec in Cali. for them. I heard this from the CEO of Vertigo Drones myself.

Reactions: Chuckmc and Mrgs1
I've heard there was only one place all the repair work went to from Kav Service. Vertigo Drones in Webster New York. If your drone went in for a warranty Exchange then it went to Yuneec in Cali. for them. I heard this from the CEO of Vertigo Drones myself.
Thanks Lurch, as usual, you're dialed in to the info. This is the first time that I've heard of the geographical distinction. Now I understand better why my California owned drone went to New York from KC.

Thanks Lurch, as usual, you're dialed in to the info. This is the first time that I've heard of the geographical distinction. Now I understand better why my California owned drone went to New York from KC

Thanks Lurch, as usual, you're dialed in to the info. This is the first time that I've heard of the geographical distinction. Now I understand better why my California owned drone went to New York from KC.
If your drone wasn't a warranty exchange then it ended up at Vertigo Drones in Webster NY. Yuneec in Cali. does not repair drones, they just swap them out for new ones.

I was at BestBuy yesterday. I bought both my Yuneec drones from them. Today, the entire Yuneec display is gone. Empty shelves and zero Yuneec products. I asked the salesman who always helps me what the heck was going on. He said, he was told by his manager, Yuneec is going under soon. He also stated they are going to focus more on commercial business and selling only to government agencies like Police, fire dept. etc. if they do decide to stay in business. I know the latter was somewhat true from reading the traffic in here but, I don't believe Yuneec is going out of business. I tend not to trust what I'm told unless there is proof so who knows.

That said, I don't know if I should be sending them a picture/documentation of my Part 107 license now to get my H fully "released" from NFZs. My emails requesting waiver for my Part 107 are not being answered. I hate to say this but, I may have to go to DJI soon. My photography business is picking up and I'm getting more aerial footage request from clients. So sad. I really love my H and love not having a DJI product like everyone else. The platform works for me and suits my needs.

Don’t send anyone personal information unless and until it’s required. If programs are not in place at best it will get tossed out, at worst it can be used by someone else.

As for Yuneec going out of business soon, would anyone be the least bit surprised if they did? There’s certainly no “warm and fuzzy feelings” coming from their corner.

I can't - or at least I'm not willing to - see Yuneec going down. What I see, and what I heard from product managers and developers at the trade shows, is that Yuneec will focus on the commercial users. Opening payload options for the H520, "re-inventing" the H920 as Enterprise version with an SDK and many payload options as well shows to one direction. Here in Germany many fire departments and police stations operate Yuneec.
I guess, the "upper price" consumer market is "lost" to DJI, in the lower price levels you can't exist for long, so you got to focus on the professional sector.
It seems, as an European customer you are kinda lucky, 'cause I can' t complain about service quality. 3 calls were answered within 10min and with reasonable answers, repair job was executed within 8 days including shipment, and talking to Yuneec employees is always interesting and entertaining.
Perhaps, US department will be asked to perform better, when the Chinese HQ compares future KPI?
For me, the Yuneec hexas are a rock solid platform that offer - in case of end-of-life time - enough possibilities to modify it for a "second life" - of course, that's not what a fly-only fun/hobby operator is after, I know!

I can't - or at least I'm not willing to - see Yuneec going down. What I see, and what I heard from product managers and developers at the trade shows, is that Yuneec will focus on the commercial users. Opening payload options for the H520, "re-inventing" the H920 as Enterprise version with an SDK and many payload options as well shows to one direction. Here in Germany many fire departments and police stations operate Yuneec.
I guess, the "upper price" consumer market is "lost" to DJI, in the lower price levels you can't exist for long, so you got to focus on the professional sector.
It seems, as an European customer you are kinda lucky, 'cause I can' t complain about service quality. 3 calls were answered within 10min and with reasonable answers, repair job was executed within 8 days including shipment, and talking to Yuneec employees is always interesting and entertaining.
Perhaps, US department will be asked to perform better, when the Chinese HQ compares future KPI?
For me, the Yuneec hexas are a rock solid platform that offer - in case of end-of-life time - enough possibilities to modify it for a "second life" - of course, that's not what a fly-only fun/hobby operator is after, I know!

With that said...

All I need is the assurance product development is still going on, along with a parts pipeline for existing as well as future releases, coming from a manufacturer.

While it is perceived as preferential that support, as in repair services, also come directly from a manufacturer, it is not always a necessity. Partners and subcontractors have been in play, in many industries, for many years. Nothing new here, as we all know.

What I am saying, at least from a U.S.-based customer viewpoint is this: as long as trusted service partners such as Vertigo, Terrestrial, Carolina, and hopefully other existing or startups, fill the void left by the current apparent dwindling OEM service department that is Yuneec, I have every confidence and intention to stay with Yuneec.

Future upgrades and purchases are definitely in my business forecast planning.

Here’s to more positive news forthcoming.

Jeff

Reactions: Mrgs1 and 7cyclops
With that said...

All I need is the assurance product development is still going on, along with a parts pipeline for existing as well as future releases, coming from a manufacturer.

While it is perceived as preferential that support, as in repair services, also come directly from a manufacturer, it is not always a necessity. Partners and subcontractors have been in play, in many industries, for many years. Nothing new here, as we all know.

What I am saying, at least from a U.S.-based customer viewpoint is this: as long as trusted service partners such as Vertigo, Terrestrial, Carolina, and hopefully other existing or startups, fill the void left by the current apparent dwindling OEM service department that is Yuneec, I have every confidence and intention to stay with Yuneec.

Future upgrades and purchases are definitely in my business forecast planning.

Here’s to more positive news forthcoming.

Jeff
I see Yuneec going more towards the commercial side of things myself.
Cause parts are running out for the q500 4k already.
So stock up on them if you want them.

I see Yuneec going more towards the commercial side of things myself.
Cause parts are running out for the q500 4k already.
So stock up on them if you want them.
Some parts shared across the range are out of stock and for a long time too, the Gimbal plate for example, even prop mounts it's getting ridiculous.

If Yuneec were were planning to exit the private sector of the drone community, why build the H3, unless it's considered a commercial product?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval