Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

does it return home???

Reaction score
I gotta ask mainly because I dont have the balls to try it.....
if the H becomes disconnected from the ST16, does it return home?

i have saw videos on youtube on the DJI P3, if the controller is turned off the P3 triggers RTH.

I haven't tried turning my ST16 off mid-flight, but I've flown far enough that I lost the RC connection. Reviewing the footage, the TH slowed down and stopped, turned around to face the last known ST16 location, and started to fly home. Once control was re-established, the TH slowed and stopped again, waiting for me to tell it what to do.

i have saw videos on youtube on the DJI P3, if the controller is turned off the P3 triggers RTH.

Quick answer... Yes. If you fly too far, as I did in the video below, you just then go make yourself a sandwich while it makes it's way home.

In my video not only did I run out of communication range but the Typhoon H Flight App then crashed on my ST16 causing the ST16 to reboot. Typhoon H flew back to me and reconnected to the controller (after it rebooted).

Thanks, puts me at ease a little bit. pushing MY limits and wanted some assurance if i lost signal, my H should RTH
CAPTAINDRONE....LOVE THE VIDS......keep em coming

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE

new firmware and RTH is awesome I use it a lot :)

Just put the ST-16 into tablet mode while flying. You might as well turned it off because tablet mode instantly cuts all telemetry and flight control. The H comes home. I know this because I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTH works perfect! I've used it at least 70-80 time Never failed.

This doesn't happen if it's in non-GPS mode though (you can configure DJI's to do this I think). It would be nice to configure a RTH failsafe when you have GPS disabled. I can see it both ways, but nice to have the option.

does the bird return to the ST-16, or to where you calibrated it before you started the first flight??

Have some buddies that were shooting on location with an Inspire and they hit return to home and rocketed right past them and hauled *** to their first shooting location where they did the initial calibration.

Been wondering about this but haven't tried it in the field.

Cheers!
Mike

does the bird return to the ST-16, or to where you calibrated it before you started the first flight??

Have some buddies that were shooting on location with an Inspire and they hit return to home and rocketed right past them and hauled *** to their first shooting location where they did the initial calibration.

Been wondering about this but haven't tried it in the field.

Cheers!
Mike

With the latest firmware the H will rise to the height you program it to spin around and fly back at full speed to you, then it drops gear, spins around again with its back to you and will auto land within 10 to 15 feet from you, may land on your head if not careful so keep you eye on it :) Oh and Calibration does not effect it. It looks for the ST16

Reactions: photomike72
awesome. Was pretty concerned about a self-inflicted quote unquote fly away if I calibrated it at another location.

Thanks yall!!

Cheers,
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval