Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Catches on Fire, Burns Pool Table

I saw that too, glad you posted about it. Apparently it shook him up to the point he's trashing his drone. They didn't specify how he was charging it. Can the DJI Phantom battery be charged in the drone? If not, his drone shoud be fine. Too bad he's tossing it out. Pretty scary.

I sit next to my battery charging station with a volt meter monitoring the charging process. I would not walk off and leave it alone much less go to bed with batteries charging.

Chances are good he will not sleep well for awhile.

I have no way of knowing, but logically I think his battery must have had swelling or damage, or else his charger did not shut off.
Handyman?

Granted i have only charged my batteries twice, Both times they have been elevated by metallic objects keeping them off the surface off my workbench. I like to have airflow all around my charger and power supply.

I had two Eflite 3000 mAh batteries start smoking and eventually catch fire. First one puffed up and started smoking out of a hole that broke through from the pressure about 10 minutes in a charge. I was charging it on a cookie sheet. I grabbed everything and threw it out in the yard....minutes later it burst into flames. Second one about a month later got puffy, so I unplugged it and tossed it out in the yard. It started smoking, burned and melted...but not as bad as the first one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123