Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone parachute system

Reaction score
Ok found this on AliExpress £75 but before I would purchase can someone make mounts on a 3D printer to fit the H Screenshot_20200514-234344.jpegScreenshot_20200514-234420.jpegScreenshot_20200514-234432.jpegScreenshot_20200514-234355.jpegScreenshot_20200514-234407.jpegScreenshot_20200514-234454.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200514-234344.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200514-234344.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 18
Here's a less expensive version same thing

Automatic Escape System Parachute for DJI Quadcopter Phantom 4 Or 3 Drone Parachute Accessories

1 Review3 orders

US $74.25
US $90.55
-18%

Color: black
  • Automatic-Escape-System-Parachute-for-DJI-Quadcopter-Phantom-4-Or-3-Drone-Parachute-Accessories.jpg_50x50.jpg
Quantity:
Additional 2% off (10 pieces or more)
417 pieces available

Shipping: US $6.61
to United States via China Post Registered Air Mail
Estimated Delivery on 06/26

That would be quite AWESOme if someone could design a holder of this rig for the Typhoon H! Any tinkerers out there with 3d printing stations?

I could see this possibly working on the Q500 series with fixed legs like the Phantom, but not on the Yuneec Hex series with 360 cameras and retractable landing gear.

I could see this possibly working on the Q500 series with fixed legs like the Phantom, but not on the Yuneec Hex series with 360 cameras and retractable landing gear.
Of course not, That's why there needs to be some MOD that goes on the prop arms above the canopy somehow. Obviously the landing legs will have to be in a "down " position before touchdown to protect the camera. The idea is to protect it from a rapid descent & getting blown to smithereens on impact...? ? ? Surely some 3D thing maker whiz bang engineer in the forum could come up with a "viable" design that could be retrofitted to suitably work with the Typhoon?

Xpfreak,
By the time it is deployed your drone will already be on the ground in pieces. That is if you fly at the maximum legal ht, the time for the auto switches to work the drone has come to grief. Plus the huge amount of extra weight, what is the trigger time and angle that it deploys and size of the canopy etc, etc. They don't give you much confidence after you do all the calculations and if you fly safely and legally the need of a parachute is one in a million. Sorry if this is a little dismal but have looked at a lot of systems for waivers here in Australia and they don't add up to safety or costs with price or extra weight etc. Johnno Hennessy.

Xpfreak,
By the time it is deployed your drone will already be on the ground in pieces. That is if you fly at the maximum legal ht, the time for the auto switches to work the drone has come to grief. Plus the huge amount of extra weight, what is the trigger time and angle that it deploys and size of the canopy etc, etc. They don't give you much confidence after you do all the calculations and if you fly safely and legally the need of a parachute is one in a million. Sorry if this is a little dismal but have looked at a lot of systems for waivers here in Australia and they don't add up to safety or costs with price or extra weight etc. Johnno Hennessy.
My q500 fell from about ten ft and crashed onto grass and smashed to pieces yuneec drones are not built very well with plastic airframe? However! I've upgraded to the carbon fiber rakonheli kit which I will recommend . Although lighter and stronger, I believe you could fit this? But I suspect a fall from less than 50ft or more? The parachute will be useless?

My input,,,,,,,,,,
The extra weight and wind resistance during flight is a negative that's been mentioned already,

Secondly, have you ever seen a drone fall from the sky?
It tumbles all the way down, the lines for the chute might tangle in the the airframe,,,,,,

I got better things to loose money on,,,,,,,

Oh yeah, what if the sensor malfunctions and deploys the chute while you're just getting that prime video shot?

Yea sure their is pros and cons but is it not best to have 1 if your flying at the maximum hight and if it's a reliable system then should not have any false triggers the picture I posted with the brackets if someone could make the same only larger to clip round the body of the H then it's not using the arms or the legs

Calvin you say u got better to loose money on well at least with this attached it could save you alot more were if you did not have 1 fitted compare the price of a H to the price of the chute I know what way I want to go ( chute )
My input,,,,,,,,,,
The extra weight and wind resistance during flight is a negative that's been mentioned already,

Secondly, have you ever seen a drone fall from the sky?
It tumbles all the way down, the lines for the chute might tangle in the the airframe,,,,,,

I got better things to loose money on,,,,,,,

Oh yeah, what if the sensor malfunctions and deploys the chute while you're just getting that prime video shot?

Yea sure their is pros and cons but is it not best to have 1 if your flying at the maximum hight and if it's a reliable system then should not have any false triggers the picture I posted with the brackets if someone could make the same only larger to clip round the body of the H then it's not using the arms or the legs
I wouldn't expect the need when flying at maximum height? As theirs nothing to run into at that height? Unless theirs other drones in the area?

It's actually incase of a problem and can't land in time for me it's more of a precaution and another cool gadget to have on my H
I wouldn't expect the need when flying at maximum height? As theirs nothing to run into at that height? Unless theirs other drones in the area?

Image is not very clear but looks like the same as I posted
Here's a less expensive version same thing

Automatic Escape System Parachute for DJI Quadcopter Phantom 4 Or 3 Drone Parachute Accessories

1 Review3 orders

US $74.25
US $90.55
-18%

Color: black
  • Automatic-Escape-System-Parachute-for-DJI-Quadcopter-Phantom-4-Or-3-Drone-Parachute-Accessories.jpg_50x50.jpg
Quantity:
Additional 2% off (10 pieces or more)
417 pieces available

Shipping: US $6.61
to United States via China Post Registered Air Mail
Estimated Delivery on 06/26

That would be quite AWESOme if someone could design a holder of this rig for the Typhoon H! Any tinkerers out there with 3d printing stations?

We can debate the Pros and Cons of parachute systems aii we want, but in the iong run, it may be something we'll all have to do, if the FAA ever gets its rules for flights over people finalized.

I would rather have 1 fitted as I know the feeling I had back when I had my Q500 and mid flight a gifi battery had a fit and shut down the drone mid air lucky trees helped with the fall and cost me £167 for yunnec to fix it so never want that feeling again at least with a chute fitted some peice of mind
We can debate the Pros and Cons of parachute systems aii we want, but in the iong run, it may be something we'll all have to do, if the FAA ever gets its rules for flights over people finalized.

Much of this is all moot... since the system is designed for an airframe the size of the Phantom, the manufacturer will simply be able to claim that this was not designed for an aircraft the size of the H, if it does not perform as described... particularly if significant mods to their mount are made.

Reactions: rchrdbarnard2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss