Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Dronecompares.com article not very positive about H or RealSense

RBC

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this yet? The article is pro DJI Phantom 4 and not very positive or accurate about the Yuneec H Pro or RealSense. This article says Real Sense will add $600 to the cost of the H. They talk about the H Pro bundle price but don't mention the backpack, extra battery, and wizard included in this price. Among other things they say they don’t feel RealSense will work well outdoors. Yuneec Typhoon H Pro Presales have Started, will RealSense really be a breakthrough? | DroneCompares.com

Last edited:
He does have several facts wrong and he seems to be speculating about the unknown. If he actually had the drone and was testing it, perhaps his article would be more factual.

Reactions: Forrestt
I have had the opportunity to fly both the P4 and the H. I prefer the H over the P4 because I like being able to lose a propeller/motor and still land. Having a movable landing gear and a 360 degree camera/gimbal is an awesome advantage over a P4. I don't personally need RealSense but I will still buy it and I am sure I will find applications to use it for its strengths and if I find there are weaknesses, I will learn to work around them. Like everything else that uses technology, things will continue to improve over time. We are already seeing upgrades for the CGO3+, longer distances for telemetry and camera connectivity. I think the same will hold true for RealSense.

There are dozens of these "reviews" that are actually DJI ads with the intent to steer potential customers from Yuneec to DJI. They have been operating a smear campaign ever since the H was announced. They have dozens of people with phony accounts on Youtube who make ridiculous statements about the H on nearly every post they can find. It's a pretty sad, but effective, business strategy by DJI.

Has anyone seen this yet? The article is pro DJI Phantom 4 and not very positive or accurate about the Yuneec H Pro or RealSense.
[...]
The original source is the jonntech blog. Just have a look at the articles there it's all FUD against Yuneec. He even claims that after giving up on the phone for unspecified reasons he wasn't able to find more support information on Yuneec's website after searching for half an hour. Sheesh, what a nitwit.

Last edited:
There are dozens of these "reviews" that are actually DJI ads with the intent to steer potential customers from Yuneec to DJI. They have been operating a smear campaign ever since the H was announced. They have dozens of people with phony accounts on Youtube who make ridiculous statements about the H on nearly every post they can find. It's a pretty sad, but effective, business strategy by DJI.
Wow, you just described to the letter what the H. Clinton campaign did to Bernie Sanders!;)

Edit: just trying to be funny and "light" here....please no flaming.

Onather Test.
Lokk at 4:46 to see how bad the CGO3+ is.
Yuneec should react immediately.

There are some 'interestingly biased' reviews coming out at the moment.

In that comparison vid, it's certainly the case that the DJI produces video that you 'just use', whereas if you choose the raw profile for the Yuneec, it really is raw - no sharpening, low saturation. It makes amateurs nervous but you would have thought someone with 'years of using drones' would know how to process video.

It also reminds me how shallow some of these reviews are - with the Wizard. Yuneec have delivered a dual controller solution 'out of the box', with follow-me filming that doesn't rely on line-of-sight to track a target. Now that might not be something that you need, but as a feature, its far from being a gimmick. The same guys fawn over the DJI visual tracking which has it's own weaknesses. I'm not bashing DJI, but reviews like this are frustrating when they appear to deliberately miss the point.

Reactions: humboldt 707
I don't bother looking at any of the dji 4 v yth reviews anymore , because they all give the same old crap.
The controller is too big , the H is too big , the H without vps isn't as stable is the phantom 4.
Any possitives just get missed .

With Intel behind it, it has promise.
I like the H because its not your average white drone.
Everything needs time to evolve.

I have had the opportunity to fly both the P4 and the H. I prefer the H over the P4 because I like being able to lose a propeller/motor and still land. Having a movable landing gear and a 360 degree camera/gimbal is an awesome advantage over a P4. I don't personally need RealSense but I will still buy it and I am sure I will find applications to use it for its strengths and if I find there are weaknesses, I will learn to work around them. Like everything else that uses technology, things will continue to improve over time. We are already seeing upgrades for the CGO3+, longer distances for telemetry and camera connectivity. I think the same will hold true for RealSense.
I love my H, but we have become beta testers from everything from the camera to stability issues on some, to paying more than stated for RealSense and then perhaps becoming RS beta testers again. I have been blessed with no issues with my H !. But owning most models of the Phantoms and a Phantom 4, the P4 camera is way better and the flight stability is way better! Yes it looks like a ugly white"starfish", but I am not in this with a FAA 333 for looks, but for the best client satisfaction and production from my camera. I enjoy my H and all the added features of the landing gear and 360 gimbal and with time and manual adjustments I can get decent vids/photos. But I am sorry to state, the P4 out of the box does fly stabler and way better focus and output from the camera. I am staying with "Both" and willing for Yunnec to make the necessary upgrades on the H camera and flight accountability to make it a Top UAS for all who use it. It is a young product, and it will excel with time! And I am proud to own one! Glad I got the Advanced and not the Pro, as after RS is out, I can see what it lives up to , and add if I feel it is worth it! If not, I fly just fine with the H as is!;)

Reactions: Glen M. Winston
Another fake website probably created by DJI to denigrate the competition. Zero credibility.

Holy moly! Sounds like a great trip.
I'm fine, and you probably forgot that I have no H, but have pre-ordered one to ship last of July. (Yeah, right, LOL)
One of these days I'd like to see you in action.

Holy moly! Sounds like a great trip.
I'm fine, and you probably forgot that I have no H, but have pre-ordered one to ship last of July. (Yeah, right, LOL)
One of these days I'd like to see you in action.
I am not much to see ! LOL ! But if your ever in Texas look me up!;)

Has anyone seen this yet? The article is pro DJI Phantom 4 and not very positive or accurate about the Yuneec H Pro or RealSense. This article says Real Sense will add $600 to the cost of the H. They talk about the H Pro bundle price but don't mention the backpack, extra battery, and wizard included in this price. Among other things they say they don’t feel RealSense will work well outdoors. Yuneec Typhoon H Pro Presales have Started, will RealSense really be a breakthrough? | DroneCompares.com
Ugh. You got me to click on a bait blog.

Pure garbage conjecture based on nothing but a guy named "John Tech" trying to get a few organic clicks and you by posting it on here have just helped him greatly.

All he is doing is taking something he knows people are doing (comparing the p4 and the TH) and looking into RealSense and making a blog that people will read and post even though it is literally based in NOTHING. I read it and it's pure crap.

Don't feed the fish when it comes to bait blogs.

That's all this is. Move on.

Now on to me personally. I own an inspire and I'm not feeling like I am getting some amazing new features with the H and right now I think I prefer the H but as the novelty is quickly wearing off, I'm flying my P4 again more and more. The P4 started with a ton of problems that have gone away and it's pretty **** solid but as usual, Yuneec skimped on the camera and I am more into the photography than the flying but this article has no real facts in it.

So obvious a bait clicker. I hate when I realize i just helped monetize someone's BS. I don't mind making money for people that have somehing to say but basically John Tech, is an a-hole who I can tell doesn't own an H and is just trying to get what he got, clicks. Now that it's being discussed here, it will show up on all types of google searches and he's gonna make a pretty penny off of organic clicks.

Guy has no points and if people find blogs like this and they feel it's BS, please don't post it!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop