Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dynamic Altitude Improvements

Reaction score
I'm posting these two videos to bring attention to dynamic altitude issues; hopefully Yuneec will pick it up. I purchased my H for a lot of reasons and I love it. One reason I purchased my H is for dynamic altitude with the Wizard Wand. I run trails in the mountains and elevation changes play havoc on good single operator shots. Until recently my Solo nor Phantom had dynamic altitude, now they both have it using my barometer equipped iPad Mini 4, which is a pain to drag around. The Phantom and Solo both do a better job at holding a consistent altitude than my H. Reading about the altitude variances users are seeing makes me question the H's baro function. Dynamic altitude does work with my H but it's choppy, not smooth. I'm sure Yuneec has more important things to address like the twitchy movement's and map view(please), but I would like this addressed at some point. The videos speak for themselves, first video is with the ST 16(no baro I believe) and second is with the barometer equipped Wizard Wand.

@Vegasrobbi - i know that gimbal tilt issue from my other copters. mostly in high speed because winds and vibrations on copter. have you balanced your props? that can help...
otherwise speak with yuneec-support

I was able to fumble the props onto my DB balancer, however, I would like to see a proper adapter for these props. Having 6 motors the H's props are smaller and lighter than a similar weight quad.

The gimbal tilted at about 45 mph, Yuneec lists maximum follow speed at 43.5 mph. I think the combination of gutsy winds and air pressure (stick your hand out the window of your car at 45mph) may have overpowered the gimbal motors.

I really pushed the H that day to see what and when it would fail, the H exceeded specifications, not sure I can ask much more than that.

Flying at these speeds puts a lot of stress on the vehicle and motors, and of coarse the gimbal. I would like to see improvements of coarse but I'm not complaining.

I thought the video was excellent. However, I would never fly in watch me or follow me mode that close to the ground. The barometric sensor in this thing isn't a scientific instrument. It's tiny, but adequate as long as you maintain a decent AGL.

Reactions: JohnL
Hey Vegasrobbi Guy ... I liked the video's. But maybe I'm looking at them from a different view point than most. I take a lot of vids with my POV cameras as I ride my ATV. I've had about six different cameras & currently use the Drift Ghost. I do have 2 Drift HD170 cameras as well.

Anyway, I was looking at the vids to see if what you captured would be an added plus to my regular riding vids. Personally, I thought both vids were excellent. You say the H was a little less smooth than the 3DR while making adjustments ... but to me, the H video was way smoother than say the camera attached to my helmet. So for me, I see no issue.

Also, I liked the color in the H vid better than the 3DR vid, but I am very colorblind, so ...........

Thanks for sharing the video's ... for me, they calmed my nerves about using the track me & follow me modes with the wizard. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval