Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E20Tvx radiometric data

Reaction score
Hi, I do thermal inspections of solar fields with the new camera E20Tvx.
The Yuneec Website says:
“Thanks to radiometric technology, the E20Tvx can measure the temperature of an area by interpreting the intensity of an infrared signal reaching the camera. It collects the data for every image pixel, which can be then easily uploaded into standard software for further and accurate analysis and reports.”
But my software partner did not find any temperature data for analysis.
Is there any special Yuneec software to get the radiometric data from the JPG files? Is there any camera setting I did wrong?
Thanks for your help!

The Yuneec Website says:
“Thanks to radiometric technology, the E20Tvx can measure the temperature of an area by interpreting the intensity of an infrared signal reaching the camera. It collects the data for every image pixel, which can be then easily uploaded into standard software for further and accurate analysis and reports.”
Is there any special Yuneec software to get the radiometric data from the JPG files? Is there any camera setting I did wrong?
Thanks for your help!
Hopefully another member with this camera can help you out. In the interim I would suggest you contact Yuneec EU or Yuneec DE (they may be the same entity) and request better information on the subject. If you receive information from them, please share it with the rest of the community here.

YuneecPilots is a forum composed of Yuneec users like yourself and we are not affiliated with the company Yuneec. Yuneec makes no official presence known on this forum.

What Yuneec means by standard software, I unfortunately do not know.
All thermal cameras from Flir support the "Flir Tools" or the "FLIR Thermal Studio" for evaluation.
This software is free in the basic version... with it, evaluations can be created and output as PDF.
Whether these tools of Flir with the E20Tvx kompatielbel are, I do not know... but is worth a try.
If you provide an original image here, I will test it for you with these tools.

Best regards,
Enrico

Don't worry. The competitors are in the same situation.

As I see, the microbolometer for this EXPENSIVE camera looks the same as in the high-end HTi cameras. Due to the nature of the VOx sensors, I'm not sure radiometric with constants is possible at all. Differential measurement will be done on the fly, but real data not. More than. there is confusion in the mean of "radiometric". FLIR uses a trick to say "Temperature Measurement can be defined as a collection of techniques designed to measure electromagnetic radiation, including the spectrum of visible light. The terms “thermography” and “Temperature Measurement” are sometimes used interchangeably, since radiometric measurements are essentially reading the intensity of thermal radiation."
from here: The Benefits and Challenges of Radiometric Thermal Technology

Further, in the same text, they say about the importance of all spectrum to see if you want to protect your wires. ;) Good is Yuneec forget to plagiarise this too.

The Yuneec Website says:
Thanks for your help!
The E20Tvx is an "affordable" 640 px IR variant, not from FLIR (AFAIK). I think the production company in China is called InfraRay (?) and the sensor might be the same as on Autel's 640 T Dual for the EVO II.
They have a software called "IR_PCTool" downloadable for radiometric post-measurements on their IR images (Autel IR PC Tool (EVO II Dual 640T Only)):
EVO II Downloads
You may downlad and test it (at your own risk) with the IR images of your E20Tvx.
Would be interersting to hear if the image formats (should be the JPEGs) of the "640 T Dual" and the "E20Tvx" are compatible...

The Yuneec Website says:
Thanks for your help!
Please share your findings. There are quite a few of us who would like to know more about this camera and how to make the most out of it!

Thanks for your help so far.
According to Yuneec (Europe), there will be a software release soon. At the moment they are testing a beta version. It will be possible to measure the temperature in every pixel.
As soon as it is available, I will post the link.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)
According to Yuneec (Europe), there will be a software release soon. At the moment they are testing a beta version. It will be possible to measure the temperature in every pixel.
Good news. Thx.

Did you offer to be a beta tester? The good part of being a tester is you can give feedback on whether the product fills your needs for the device and software.

Good news. Thx.
Did you offer to be a beta tester? The good part of being a tester is you can give feedback on whether the product fills your needs for the device and software.
Their "Radiometric Software (3 files)" can be downloaded here since 29th December 2021, just in case you did not get the newsletter from "Customer Service Yuneec Europe" or missed it otherwise until now:
YUNEEC Europe Shop

Hi guys!

Does anyone of you have experience with the radiometric software YuneecImage_2.0.0?
I can insert the files but cannot read out the temperatures afterwards. Only 0.0 degrees are displayed. In the PDF is an image that shows that the firmware version 0.1.29A is used. I use the latest version 0.1.30A .

Anyone an idea?

Hello

is it possible for you to upload an original file here so I can have a look?

Best regards from Switzerland,
Enrico
Hello Enrico and community,

something is fishy here.

I try to explain something. Two photos. Photo 1 can be read and is over 0.8MB in size. Photo 2 is over 0.7MB and its not working, so it cannot be read. the color palette doesn't matter.

If I first load photo 1 which works in YuneecImage on the left, I can read the temperature. I don't close the software and also load photo 2, which I took a little later. if i click back and forth between these two, the date changes on the right, but the size of the image remains the same. That can not be.

Now I reload YuneecImage. and add photo 2 as the first one. I can't read it. SO far so good (not good ;) .then photo 1 is added and it works, after that you can click back and forth between the photos as you like, only the date changes again. but not the size of the picture.
I don't restart YuneecImage, but delete photo 2. and now I can read photo 1, but the file size is unchanged.

That tells me firstly, YuneecImage is mainly buggy, AND maybe something is wrong with the recording with the E20Tvx. or the firmware I'm trying out the software on two computers and it's the same everywhere. Up to now I can no longer take photos that I can read without problems

Can you or someone else try it out or has someone already had experience with the image tool? I hope someone can bring some more clarity into this

Thank you in advance for the trouble and greetings from germany
Frank

PS: here are the two photos to try out

Attachments

• image 1.JPG
    image 1.JPG
    749.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image 2.JPG
    image 2.JPG
    836.4 KB · Views: 24
Ok...
so for me the software works great... the program also creates the evaluations without problems.
I work with the version 2.0.0
Best regards from Switzerland,
Enrico

Attachments

• Test 2.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 19
  • Test.pdf
    901.7 KB · Views: 13
Hello again and thanks for the reply.

Now i am absolutely dumbfounded and bewildered... and I no longer believe that there is a problem with the camera or firmware if you can work with it without any problems.

Something must be different on your pc-system, the configuration or something else. I also tried Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter. i.e. different windows versions like windows 8 or 7. have now tried it on 3 computers. All with windows 10, YuneecImage_2.0.0 and also installed this image tool as admin extra at one of them. (not that I think it was because of that.) downloaded from the official site (YUNEEC Europe Shop) and no need to unzip it.

I'm just getting a little desperate.

do you have any idea what it could be?

Vielen Dank schonmal.

Best Regards
Frank

Attachments

• not working report.pdf
    227.9 KB · Views: 7
  • not working.jpg
    not working.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
  • only partially report without location.pdf
    236.4 KB · Views: 7
  • only partially.jpg
    only partially.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Enrico,
can you upload your installation file for me? Even if it is the same version. I would like to try from another source.
Maybe the file on the yuneec server is defective. It is the only source at the moment.

try makes wise

Thank you and best regards
Frank

@FrankS I just downloaded the software from this link on the Yuneec EU website YUNEEC Europe Shop

I installed the Yuneec Image 2.0.0.exe file on my Windows 10 (x64) laptop and am able to open your images that i downloaded from your previous post. When you open the installer you have to give Windows permission to do the install because the software is not signed with a certificate.

@DoomMeister
Thank you, i also download the image tool from the same source and allow windows to install it too. So i think the installation itself should not be the problem.
I can also view the images with the tool, but not evaluate the temperatures and the report does not contain the geodata. The way Enrico looks, it should work for everyone. unfortunately not on my systems.

I also have laptops with Win10 x64 and i also tried it today with two different windows 11 laptops. same problem.

Can you evaluate the temperatures of my images and the map will be displayed in the report?

Best regards
Frank

To view the map you probably need to have Internet access. Check your firewall settings. In the EXIF portion of the image, the coordinates are present and look well.

Filename - image 1.JPG
ImageWidth - 640
ImageLength - 512
ImageDescription - YUN_0002_T.JPG
Make - YUNEEC
Model - E20Tvx 0.1.30A
Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - 0.1.30A
DateTime - 2022-02-11 01:33:55
YCbCrPositioning - Centered
ExifOffset - 354
FNumber - 1.00
ExifVersion - 0230
DateTimeOriginal - 2022-02-11 01:33:55
DateTimeDigitized - 2022-02-ASCII
UserComment - picture centre temperature: 0.00 degree celsius
FlashPixVersion - v
ColorSpace - sRGB
FileSource - DSC - Digital still camera
SceneType - A directly photographed image
CustomRendered - Normal process
SceneCaptureType - Standard
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - Normal
Sharpness - Normal

GPS information: -
GPSVersionID - 2.3.0.0
GPSLatitudeRef - N
GPSLatitude - 51 5 12.12216 (51.086701)
GPSLongitudeRef - E
GPSLongitude - 13 42 14.93208 (13.704148)
GPSAltitudeRef - Sea level
GPSAltitude - 0.00 m

About the thermal data, I have no idea where to see it in the file.

Found it. XML.

http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/�<?xpacket begin="???" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?>
<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<rdf:Description rdf:about="YUNEEC Meta Data"
xmlns:tiff="http://ns.adobe.com/tiff/1.0/"
xmlns:exif="http://ns.adobe.com/exif/1.0/"
xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/"
xmlns:xmpMM="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/"
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
xmlns:crs="http://ns.adobe.com/camera-raw-settings/1.0/"
xmlns:drone-yuneec="Yuneec – Quadcopters & Aerial Drones"
xmlns:Camera="http://pix4d.com/Camera/1.0/"
xmp:ModifyDate="2022-02-11"
xmp:CreateDate="2022-02-11"
tiff:Make="YUNEEC"
tiff:Model="E20Tvx"
dc:format="image/jpg"
drone-yuneec:GPSAltitude="0.00"
drone-yuneec:AboveHomeAltitude="0.00"
drone-yuneec:DroneYaw="63.520000"
drone-yuneec:DronePitch="-0.350000"
drone-yuneec:DroneRoll="1.520000"
drone-yuneec:GimbalYaw="34.277344"
drone-yuneec:GimbalPitch="-2.999731"
drone-yuneec:GimbalRoll="-1.125841"
Camera:emissivity="0.98"
Camera:relHum="60"
Camera:distance="5"
Camera:reflectedTemperature="23"
Camera:atmosphericTemperature="23"
Camera:modifyK="100"
Camera:modifyB="0"
Camera:gainMode="0"
Camera:paletteType="0"
Camera:dzoom="8"
Camera:infraredVersion="2021831"
Camera:serialNO="2109080136"
crs:Version="7.0"
crs:HasSettings="False"
crs:HasCrop="False"
crs:AlreadyApplied="False">
</rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta>

Recommendation. Ask politely @h-elsner to prepare a good viewer for all thermal guys. He has all the necessary for this task.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to stop the smilles to show in the text.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop