Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E20Tvx radiometric data

Reaction score
Hi, I do thermal inspections of solar fields with the new camera E20Tvx.
The Yuneec Website says:
“Thanks to radiometric technology, the E20Tvx can measure the temperature of an area by interpreting the intensity of an infrared signal reaching the camera. It collects the data for every image pixel, which can be then easily uploaded into standard software for further and accurate analysis and reports.”
But my software partner did not find any temperature data for analysis.
Is there any special Yuneec software to get the radiometric data from the JPG files? Is there any camera setting I did wrong?
Thanks for your help!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The Yuneec Website says:
“Thanks to radiometric technology, the E20Tvx can measure the temperature of an area by interpreting the intensity of an infrared signal reaching the camera. It collects the data for every image pixel, which can be then easily uploaded into standard software for further and accurate analysis and reports.”
Is there any special Yuneec software to get the radiometric data from the JPG files? Is there any camera setting I did wrong?
Thanks for your help!
Hopefully another member with this camera can help you out. In the interim I would suggest you contact Yuneec EU or Yuneec DE (they may be the same entity) and request better information on the subject. If you receive information from them, please share it with the rest of the community here.

YuneecPilots is a forum composed of Yuneec users like yourself and we are not affiliated with the company Yuneec. Yuneec makes no official presence known on this forum.

Reaction score
What Yuneec means by standard software, I unfortunately do not know.
All thermal cameras from Flir support the "Flir Tools" or the "FLIR Thermal Studio" for evaluation.
This software is free in the basic version... with it, evaluations can be created and output as PDF.
Whether these tools of Flir with the E20Tvx kompatielbel are, I do not know... but is worth a try.
If you provide an original image here, I will test it for you with these tools.

Best regards,
Enrico

Reaction score
Don't worry. The competitors are in the same situation.

As I see, the microbolometer for this EXPENSIVE camera looks the same as in the high-end HTi cameras. Due to the nature of the VOx sensors, I'm not sure radiometric with constants is possible at all. Differential measurement will be done on the fly, but real data not. More than. there is confusion in the mean of "radiometric". FLIR uses a trick to say "Temperature Measurement can be defined as a collection of techniques designed to measure electromagnetic radiation, including the spectrum of visible light. The terms “thermography” and “Temperature Measurement” are sometimes used interchangeably, since radiometric measurements are essentially reading the intensity of thermal radiation."
from here: The Benefits and Challenges of Radiometric Thermal Technology

Further, in the same text, they say about the importance of all spectrum to see if you want to protect your wires. ;) Good is Yuneec forget to plagiarise this too.

Reaction score
Forget to say. To prepare a good picture, the bolometers data is deeply transformed with sophisticated algorithms to produce a shiny image. The data BEFORE this task is important to be stored untouched. Unfortunately, this is not made as you can see.

Last few weeks I'm on the IR/Thermal wave. As much as I read and see, the VOx with a germanium lens is more than enough for drone operators. Which I'm trying to prepare for us.

Bit more from the DJI

Last edited:
Reactions: 7cyclops
Reaction score
The Yuneec Website says:
Thanks for your help!
The E20Tvx is an "affordable" 640 px IR variant, not from FLIR (AFAIK). I think the production company in China is called InfraRay (?) and the sensor might be the same as on Autel's 640 T Dual for the EVO II.
They have a software called "IR_PCTool" downloadable for radiometric post-measurements on their IR images (Autel IR PC Tool (EVO II Dual 640T Only)):
EVO II Downloads
You may downlad and test it (at your own risk) with the IR images of your E20Tvx.
Would be interersting to hear if the image formats (should be the JPEGs) of the "640 T Dual" and the "E20Tvx" are compatible...

Reaction score
The Yuneec Website says:
Thanks for your help!
Please share your findings. There are quite a few of us who would like to know more about this camera and how to make the most out of it!

Reaction score
Thanks for your help so far.
According to Yuneec (Europe), there will be a software release soon. At the moment they are testing a beta version. It will be possible to measure the temperature in every pixel.
As soon as it is available, I will post the link.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Thanks for your help so far.
According to Yuneec (Europe), there will be a software release soon. At the moment they are testing a beta version. It will be possible to measure the temperature in every pixel.
As soon as it is available, I will post the link.
Did you offer to be a beta tester? The good part of being a tester is you can give feedback on whether the product fills your needs for the device and software.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisgreenslade