Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 does not keep horizont level

Reaction score
Hi all,
does any of you have such problem - mine e90 camera even after gimbal calibration is distorted. I am thinking about sending my H520 E90 to service but this will be my last move. I hope it can be solved by myself. Above I attach samples pictures:
YUN_0284.JPG

IMG_20190714_192106.jpg

When I do a full calibration (acc, comp, gimbal) the problem is temporary fixed - after a few minutes of flight this issue come back.

There, there is a big problem. In the photo, the image goes down to the left and on the H520, the camera leans on the other side, to the right.
I think that the sensor is off-center and if a calibration of the basket gives nothing, we will have to seriously consider a return to the SAV.

The right word is not distorted, it is inclined. Most of the time it is because the calibration of the gimbal has been done badly or because the H520 has not been turned on in a totally horizontal area, something necessary for both procedures. It is necessary to follow the procedure described in the manual to rule out a defective E90. Otherwise you will only lose time and money.

The right word is not distorted, it is inclined. Most of the time it is because the calibration of the gimbal has been done badly or because the H520 has not been turned on in a totally horizontal area, something necessary for both procedures. It is necessary to follow the procedure described in the manual to rule out a defective E90. Otherwise you will only lose time and money.
Hi Arruntus. Thank You for your reply. Ive read manuals and Basic procedures but I cannot find aby procedure concerning defective E90 (only how to do a factory reset) I must have miss something, could You please write where I should looking for?
Also I thought that once I do a gimbal calibration The E90 will remeber its position. Its hardly to find every time You turning on The H520 a horizontal place.
Ps. Sorry for my language Iam not native english plus my native auto correction on my mobile. ?

Also I thought that once I do a gimbal calibration The E90 will remeber its position. Its hardly to find every time You turning on The H520 a horizontal place.

Precisely that is the mistake we have made and all of us are making (you learn that by flying with the gimbal inclined). The horizontal of the gimbal is taken with the horizontal of the H520 at the beginning, when you turn it on. There are drones that remember the position and others that do not, or not completely.

Advice? Always start the H520 on a horizontal surface and you won't have any problems. In case you don't find a totally horizontal zone, sometimes it happens, start it in your hand, holding it as horizontal as possible. When the start is finished, you can leave it on the ground.

Anyway, it is a "problem", which many would say it is not, that has been happening with the H520 since the beginning. Sometimes, according to updates, it becomes more evident, but always starting it horizontally, solved.

did anyone have a similar problem and could help? I mean the situation as in the pictures in the first post.
Or maybe someone has FW for e90 gimbal lower than 2.40.3?

Thery you have some fw: Yuneec - Google Drive
Newerless from my tests downgrade doesn't solve problem. For mine one of oldest gimbal, sometimes suddenly grabe offset in pan and tilt. And slowly returns to level. That's not related to motor encoders/imu. Indication's and logging have real values.

Ive got today info that it will be realesed in this week a software update to fix this issue.

Hello. I just found your post. Yesterday I started a new one with the same problem ! So you are not alone. I have exactly the same issue with my E90 : the horizon is completely leaning ! I sent a mail to the Yuneec support. If ever I have news or ideas, I will come back...

I have been talking with some of the great minds on this form an the conclusion is that the camera
need to be recalibrated. On the H520 you should be able to recalibrate the camera vis the ground controller. Have you given this a try? Curious how this works

I have been talking with some of the great minds on this form an the conclusion is that the camera
need to be recalibrated. On the H520 you should be able to recalibrate the camera vis the ground controller. Have you given this a try? Curious how this works
Yes. I have tried that but it doesn't help. Problem is still there. I received an answer from Yuneec support and for them it is clear : the camera has a problem. They ask me to send it back for repair.

Dang ??? No... Not so much !;) For this time, I am lucky. I bought it two months ago. So still a warranty on it !

Reactions: Outsidethebox
This should be done like a service call for all customers without any restritions if there is a guarantee or not. |This camera is not usable in that condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval