Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Errors in the Typhoon H Manual

Reaction score
I have noticed a few errors in the Manual, one of which I hope is a mistake......

Page 6 - Item 13....The number '13' should be dropped down one line.

Page 18 - I hope this is a mistake -

(Follow Me Function)
'WARNING: The maximum flight speed of the Typhoon H aircraft is 3.14MPH (7m/s).
If the movement of the pilot is much faster than 3.14MPH (7m/s), the aircraft may fly away'.

Page 20 -

'To Take A Still Photo
Press the button located near the top left corner of the ST16'.

'To START/STOP Recording Video
Press the button located near the top right corner of the ST16'.

These 'Buttons' are located on the LOWER R+L corners of the ST16.

Although the 'Grammar' is quite good - there are some 'Spelling' mistakes and parts of the manual which are VERY difficult to understand. Check-out Page 19 - WTF is that about? - Chinglish.

It also says (7m/s) which is 15mph. The main tech I spoke to at NAB told me he was expecting a 30 to 40mph follow mode with real sense. It seems to me that type of (perhaps overly-optimistic) performance reflects some pretty darn impressive processing power which then brings up the question: How much will battery life be reduced by the addition of the real sense module?

Also concerning on page 8 when following the ST16, "In follow me, the aircraft will maintain a constant altitude and cannot detect obstacles." Will the released manual have any corrections from what we are seeing? We shall see...

Also it states on RTH the craft will rise to 33 ft and return to home in a straight line if flying below 33'. but nothing about being able to adjust the RTH heights, and I don't know about you all, but 33' where I live just won't cut it with all the 100' trees around ! Manual is very vague !

Also it states on RTH the craft will rise to 33 ft and return to home in a straight line if flying below 33'. but nothing about being able to adjust the RTH heights, and I don't know about you all, but 33' where I live just won't cut it with all the 100' trees around ! Manual is very vague !
i hope you can adjust the altitude also....kinda defeats the purpose of a safe RTH....I have only used RTH a couple of times with my p3...never had to use it in a jam....but being able to set the altitude to 200 feet on RTH made me feel more at ease...

i hope you can adjust the altitude also....kinda defeats the purpose of a safe RTH....I have only used RTH a couple of times with my p3...never had to use it in a jam....but being able to set the altitude to 200 feet on RTH made me feel more at ease...
Exactly my point ! I am hoping it does !

Just checked with the Q500 and the Tornado sections and the 10 metre RTH height is the same. Both query why it is so low but no major problems incurred to date so perhaps it is OK. As somebody said if you are already at 300 ft it will stay at that height in RTH mode before it lands which should be OK. More worrying to me was this notice with the Q500.
"WARNING: NEVER attempt to fly the Q500 via First-Person View (FPV). There’s a slight ‘lag’ in the CGO2-GB streaming video downlink to the ST10, and
as a result the streaming video/FPV should only be used for aligning camera shots and not for flying! Attempting to fly via FPV can result in a crash that will
cause damage to the product, property and/or cause serious injury."
This would be really bad news with the H if the ST 16 controller connection is the same.

You bet it's a worry, so seeing a obstacle 3 seconds or so after you've already reached it, is real bad news ! spell disaster for us all, hope real sense and the sonar avoidance don't have time lapse delays !

You bet it's a worry, so seeing a obstacle 3 seconds or so after you've already reached it, is real bad news ! spell disaster for us all, hope real sense and the sonar avoidance don't have time lapse delays !
Just spotted this in the H manual preamble "
Settings can be freely and remotely adjusted through the ST16 Personal Ground
Station, an easy and intuitive remote controller which features a 7-inch Android touch screen that displays live footage of your flight.". I am a bit more relaxed

Sorry, 45 meters which is 147.6 feet, you get the point ! Where is that Holland ?

No Belgium

If you fly a multicopter with a weight until 1kg then you may only fly 10 meters high
If you fly a multicopter with a weight between 1kg and 5kg then you may fly until 45 meters high (you need to register your drone, follow a course and do a practical exam with the DLGV)
If you fly a multicopter for commercial use with a weight between 1kg and 150kg you may fly until 90 meters hight (you need to register your drone, follow a course and do a practical and a theoritical exam with the DLGV)

/\/\ax2206

Reactions: DroneClone
No Belgium

If you fly a multicopter with a weight until 1kg then you may only fly 10 meters high
If you fly a multicopter with a weight between 1kg and 5kg then you may fly until 45 meters high (you need to register your drone, follow a course and do a practical exam with the DLGV)
If you fly a multicopter for commercial use with a weight between 1kg and 150kg you may fly until 90 meters hight (you need to register your drone, follow a course and do a practical and a theoritical exam with the DLGV)

/\/\ax2206
Same in USA, hobby flyers are restricted to 400 ' AGL (Above Ground Level) and not fly out of line of sight, about 1000' depending with no visual aids, other than standard glasses. Commercial flyers must get a FAA 333 permit to fly for money and they have to have a minimum of a Sports license to fly it themselves, or hire a pilot. Everyone must register their uav. If you want to fly over 400', you can request a COA, and if granted then you may do so.

Not sure about using FPV alone for piloting, here in Oz that's illegal, fairly sure it's the same elsewhere. Fly safe.
Not arguing with you my friend Chris , just clarifying regulations here in the" land up yonder" But they are literally changing daily !

That sucks, in the USA its 400' so, 33' is only 108.3 ft, not even close. And you can only fly 44 meters which is 144.4 ', that's no fun !
I'd have to switch to those r/c truck things,Like D.C. Said we got some big trees,way over 200ft in areas in my neck of the woods

Not arguing with you my friend Chris , just clarifying regulations here in the" land up yonder" But they are literally changing daily !
I believe it's legal here,I'm having Frank at Carolina text me the skinny on the Dominator v2 he goggles with H.Im interested in some top line optics to use with the H and also Fpv racing.

somebody wrote earlier in some other thread that if you're already at 100' and hit RTH it maintains that elevation but if below 33' then it climbs to that elevation.

Reactions: AML
somebody wrote earlier in some other thread that if you're already at 100' and hit RTH it maintains that elevation but if below 33' then it climbs to that elevation.
Well, I hope so Harvey, if we get it and the manual does not state that, How will we know? and I have never had nor desired to use RTH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval