Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Esc or motor?

Reaction score
So I went to go fly this morning, got all set up, and turned motors on. Right away I have some noticable vibration and my left front motor is turning at a slower rate than other 3 so I shut it down immediately. Gui says everything is fine but I'm thinking that if you can visually see one is not spinning at same rate that can't be right? Also I'm getting the solid purple with white flash on main led, then an occasional orange flash, not sure what that means. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

So I went to go fly this morning, got all set up, and turned motors on. Right away I have some noticable vibration and my left front motor is turning at a slower rate than other 3 so I shut it down immediately. Gui says everything is fine but I'm thinking that if you can visually see one is not spinning at same rate that can't be right? Also I'm getting the solid purple with white flash on main led, then an occasional orange flash, not sure what that means. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Easy part is the lights:
1.) Solid purple is normal angle mode.
2.) White flashes mean you have enough satellites for "follow me" mode (even if you never use it).
3.) Occasional orange means you need a compass calibration.

Harder part is the motor stuff:
1.) Might be some debris in the motor, which you can feel by turning it and comparing it to others.
2.) Might be the threaded prop mount has come loose from the top of the motor, which you can tell by holding the motor and trying to turn the prop. If it moves, you will need a new motor.
3.) Actual motor winding failure is pretty rare, so the third likely probability is the ESC is about to go bad. It is not unusual for a failing ESC to show normal on the GUI when in fact it is about to short out.

Sometime orange will pop up from time to time on a regular basis, even though it has recently been calibrated.
I have learned to turn off the H for a few seconds and restart. Calibration does not appear again, who knows why this is an anomaly?

ESCs are just like women, they don't any reason to act up but, they do.

I made sure there was no debris in the motor, tried to turn the prop while holding motor and that was fine. Started with no props and still just ran a bit slower so I'm guessing the esc is starting to go. I'll get one ordered and hopefully that will fix it up. Weird that I just did a calibration a couple days ago and it's already needing redone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy