Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
CGO-ET
The 1080p and IR video are combined into a single MP4 video file. If you need to edit they can be separated.
Extracting the IR video from the MP4 file
I have finally got the solution from the VLC player forum.

Here is the link to the tool download:
MKVToolNix Downloads – Matroska tools for Linux/Unix and Windows

MKV_Tool.jpg
1) drag n drop your video file into mkvtoolnix -
2) uncheck the first video track
3) Press the 'Start multiplexing' button
4) Open the MKV file located in the destination folder. The MKV file contains the IR video track + audio.

mkv.PNG
When I tried the MKVToolNix I did not get 3 output files. See attached, Great tool though

View attachment 9134
When I tried the MKVToolNix I did not get 3 output files. See attached, Great tool though
Strange. There should be two video files and I also get 1 audio file. I'm using the -ET on the H so the firmware will be different if you are using the 520.
The file you dropped into the tool is the file from the -ET sd card?

Strange. There should be two video files and I also get 1 audio file. I'm using the -ET on the H so the firmware will be different if you are using the 520.
The file you dropped into the tool is the file from the -ET sd card?
Hi yes it is from the camera SD

Ok. I'm going to move this thread to the 520 page. Perhaps it will get some attention from someone with both. I think there are some differences in the firmware.

Ok. I'm going to move this thread to the 520 page. Perhaps it will get some attention from someone with both. I think there are some differences in the firmware.
I tried another few files and it worked. I got the three files and managed to separate the IR. I don't know why it did not work with the first file as it was shot on the same day and with the same settings. Cheers for your help.

Reactions: Steve Carr
@Steve Carr is this still the easiest method going for this process?

In addition, is it possible to extract the raw binary data from the .mkv file (like in the Tiff images) which records the absolute temperature. All i managed to do so far is to get rgb values instead which visualizes the relative temperature.

Reactions: Steve Carr
As far as I know the data for the thermal images isn't stored. But I'm a novice with this camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval