Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Factory Reconditioned Typhoon H Pro checkout?

I need to get busy with mine. The last few days have been a whirlwind of another kind taking care of medical stuff. The good news of it is that the fusion of L3 thru S1 in my lower spine was successful and all bone grafts are progressing well.

Flew it today for the first time! World of difference from the Breeze! More later, but wanted to check in.

Anxious to hear more! I imagine going from a Chevy Cruze to a Corvette:cool:

Hi again,
Well, it's here. Hard to tell it's refurbished. The only problem I'm having is with locating the User manual. I've previously downloaded it. (I don't know how this got posted. I was surprised to see it. It was my intention to continue. Well here goes)
When I unpacked and opened the bag I found the ST-16 turned on. The fans were on and the display was illuminated. FedEx picked it up last Friday at 5:22 and it arrived a bit before noon today. It seems like the battery life is pretty good as it said it was down to 40%. It doesn't seem that the power switch could have come on during transit; it's pretty stiff. Maybe if it wasn't fully in the off position.
Unfortunately, one of the drone batteries is defective. I got a beeping brick and a flashing blue light when I tried to charge it. Chatted with Yuneek and they're sending a replacement.
When I checked the SD card for the manual Windows suggested that I let it fix problems with it. Did anyone get a printed manual with their H? When I told Yuneek they sent a link to the manual which I'd previously downloaded. I didn't pursue it but if I find that a printed manual is available I will. As far as I've been able to tell everything is the latest. I'm pleased.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I too, did the Typhoon H Pro deal on Woot last week.
My ST-16 came in the 3 antenna arrangement. There were no tags anywhere stating it was a refurb unit. (which is odd, because I buy a lot of refurbished items and they always indicate it somewhere for warranty or non-warranty purposes.

Took it up yesterday on its maiden flight and all worked well. I did try to take off from my deck, which was a mistake...as it tipped off the deck slightly and one motor/prop was grinding the edge of the deck. Pushing that kill button and waiting for it to cut off seemed to take forever! No damage at all though. I was trying to lift off and hover but did so gently because of electric lines above me.

I also bought a UAV SIM dongle and practiced before flying the drone itself. There will be some growing pains, as I'm used to flying the DJI Spark. (which flies perfectly and simple) Let me say, this thing is really cool to fly, but much harder than my Spark. Too bad its so cold out right now, hindering my practice! (currently 19F)

19 is nuttin!

Ok, sorry for the teaser... I was on my phone, and I hate typing with my thumbs!

So, I took it out yesterday for a quick flight, since we seemed to be having a heat wave (it was all the way up to 31 degrees!). I carried everything out to the backyard. I did a compass calibration and a gimbal calibration. Not sure why I did both, other than I had just watched a video on how to do it. Put the props on, checked the switches, stepped back, and hit the red button. I should note, that I printed out a checklist that I got from somewhere ( I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in this forum) and laminated it to have available all the time when I fly.

First thing I noticed is that it spins the props, without taking off. The little drones I had before you hit "takeoff" and you were airborne. This was different, but I liked it. I put it up a few feet, and moved it around some, reassuring myself that it was working right. Then activated the video, and put it up in the air, and buzzed around the yard. I went up over the trees, out over the swamp in back. I looked around a bit, noticing that the sun was very bright in one direction, washing out the video when I faced that way. I played with "smart" mode for a second but decided I hadn't read enough about it to mess around.

After a while, I noticed that the voltage said 14.something. I panicked at that point because I couldn't remember what level was bottom, so I hit the RTH switch (I later realized that it had never given me any low battery warning, so I probably freaked out for nothing). It came back, landed right where I took off from. When I uploaded the log into DroneLogbook (after some difficulty) it told me that I had flown for 12:55. Travelled distance showed 2185 feet, and max distance (distance from the controller I think?) said 403 feet. It shows me "max AGL altitude" of 262 feet, but then next to it says "max altitude" 22.97 feet. Not sure that makes sense to me, but I just have to figure something out somewhere.

So, observations/things I learned:
1- It's fast. Probably because I didn't spin the speed dial to turtle mode
2- I realized at the end of the flight that I never even put the landing gear up.
3- I really, really need a lanyard
4- The video is SOOOO much smoother than the Breeze... no shaking, just a nice still image.
5- I need to get smoother with movements, but for my first flight, it wasn't completely awful.

That's all I got for now. I'll put the video onto youtube and link to it but it's not anything exciting.

Yeah, that will be on my list someday. But my wife is still.... uhmm.... unhappy.... about the drone purchase... gotta lay low for a while.

I hear you on that one! Start getting good video on vacations of the family having fun together. Get her to start flying the Breeze, then later on learn to fly the TH in team mode using the wizard and get her involved.

Looking forward to getting to Florida. The wife and I go around to different places in the golf cart and take the drone (now drones) to get new perspectives on places.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
noticed that the voltage said 14.something.
Plan to land when the voltage is around 14.7v. Don't wait for the low batt warning. Your batteries will last longer.
The flight time was good considering the temp on that day. Keep your batts warm until you fly.
I'm glad to see Dronelogbook finally added Yuneec products. The last time I checked they had not done so. They obviously have a reading/calculation error on the Max Alt. The Max AGL appears to be correct.
When you land it's better to turn the H away from you. That will prevent any panic on the sticks if you get confused with orientation.
And.....nice landing. Glad you are enjoying your H. :)

Reactions: HJL
Nice job, I'll be glad when I get a chance to get mine in the air.

Are you using the SD card that came with the unit? I noticed pixelation/jello when there was swift movement and turning. The card that came with mine was a 16GB U1 rated card and the U3 rated SD cards are recommended for the CGO3+.

I see you find the reactions of the TH are a lot quicker than the Breeze. Shouldn't take long to adapt though.

Glad to see you out in the air.

Nope, DM go and get a 4K quality card... U3, write speed 80mbs or better... you know the drill.

I"m using the card that was in with it, and I don't know what it's rating is. I'm going to add a couple of good ones to my shopping list.

Nope, DM go and get a 4K quality card... U3, write speed 80mbs or better... you know the drill.

Yes I do, it on the wish list gotta get it ordered soon. Birthday is a week from tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop