Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Failsafe parachute ideas...

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any parachute mounts to save the drone if a fallout happens? Was thinking about how I could "fallsafe" the drone and create a universal chute that you could activate with the remote.

Has anyone tried any parachute mounts to save the drone if a fallout happens? Was thinking about how I could "fallsafe" the drone and create a universal chute that you could activate with the remote.
Iguess it would depend on the drone and radio. My Typhoon H uses the ST16, but there are no open channels so I need to use a second radio to do it. I am going to use a cheap radio and servo to pop open the lid for the chute. Making it in a large plastic pill bottle to hold the chute with a high tension spring to propel it out and above the drone.

Reactions: Pensacola Droner
Iguess it would depend on the drone and radio. My Typhoon H uses the ST16, but there are no open channels so I need to use a second radio to do it. I am going to use a cheap radio and servo to pop open the lid for the chute. Making it in a large plastic pill bottle to hold the chute with a high tension spring to propel it out and above the drone.
Sounds interesting.. upload pics once you have it done please... I have a friend that is an electrical engineer and I have him working on a chute system

Most chutes will deploy a few seconds after impact.

or how many times the lines would just get tangled in the arms/props creating a falling pig in a blanket...
6 motors and the ability to maintain control with 5 is your redundancy, not a chute. I'd have to see a lot of
video documentation of successful deployments from users, to even consider it.

or how many times the lines would just get tangled in the arms/props creating a falling pig in a blanket...
6 motors and the ability to maintain control with 5 is your redundancy, not a chute. I'd have to see a lot of
video documentation of successful deployments from users, to even consider it.
Q500's only have 4 motors..

Q500's only have 4 motors..

Yes I understand that, and that was one of the reasons that I chose to go with the Typhoon H... I guess was I was saying was,
if the possibility of failure can be minimized by going with a hex design, I would (and did) opt for that, before trying a chute system,
unless there was sufficient previously documented success with such a system.

Yes I understand that, and that was one of the reasons that I chose to go with the Typhoon H... I guess was I was saying was,
if the possibility of failure can be minimized by going with a hex design, I would (and did) opt for that, before trying a chute system,
unless there was sufficient previously documented success with such a system.
There I'll agree with you. Adding redundancy is easier than adding a relatively complicated layer of safeguard (that could cause as many problems as it solves.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop