Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Failure? Crash? Are you SURE it's not your fault?

Reaction score
Watch this video that I found on YouTube:

It is obvious that this guy does something wrong while binding the Wizard to his H and ends up having little to no control of it. He seems to call it a failure of the H and takes almost no responsibility.

Sorry, but things like this irritate me. For over 15 years, with the exception of a tail belt failing on one of my helicopters (and even that could be traced to being my fault), I have never had a crash or failure that was not my fault (although I did tip over my H twice on landing and I can't think of anything that I could have done differently. I have since hand caught).

I am wondering how many failures are out there that are not actually manufacturer defect and not user culpability. I wonder if he contacted Yuneec and complained that his H was not working properly.

It looks like he may be a full scale helicopter pilot. Remind me not to go up in his helicopter if what he does with the H is indicative of his haste with flying his helicopter

I have seen that one, its pretty great. I was SMH the whole time. He is just flapping that remote all around. If I remember correctly you only need to raise and lower the remote twice while holding the button. Plus it looks like he is holding the wrong button. Curious if the H just got tired and said fine try to fly.

I have seen that one, its pretty great. I was SMH the whole time. He is just flapping that remote all around. If I remember correctly you only need to raise and lower the remote twice while holding the button. Plus it looks like he is holding the wrong button. Curious if the H just got tired and said fine try to fly.

It would be funny if he took responsibility for it, but its more irritating to me that he blames the H. I dont think he was holding any buttons down.

I've seen that video before. The guy clearly doesn't have a clue about what he is doing. I lost count of the number of mistakes. It's a wonder the aircraft didn't crash and that alone is testament to the Hs overall resilience to pilot error in this case.

Maybe his H was contemplating to end it all. That video just convinced me not to use my wizard. Landing gear only partially extended and he still sets it down on the camera. I bet it has been sold on eBay or craigslist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrdronenut
Maybe his H just decided to end it all. That video just convinced me not to use my wizard. Landing gear only partially extended and he still sets it down on the camera. I bet it has been sold on eBay or craigslist.
I've never used my wizard. Over a year old and still in the box.

Reactions: Mrdronenut
Maybe his H was contemplating to end it all. That video just convinced me not to use my wizard. Landing gear only partially extended and he still sets it down on the camera. I bet it has been sold on eBay or craigslist.
That was what I was thinking, it was just trying to get out of reach of the guy. The H was probably getting nervous as the battery ran down. Oh well, I use my Wizard wand quite a bit and haven't ever had a pairing session like the video.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
There are a lot of idiots flying multirotors and pretty much all of them complain loudly about defective product when they screw them up. Some are so outraged by their own stupidity they make and post videos on You Tube for all the world to use to deride them. Perhaps they are masochistic?

That video just convinced me not to use my wizard.

See? That's the problem. The guys stupidness has nothing to do with the effectiveness or quality of the Wizard. Not using the Wizard is your choice but please don't choose to use it based on someone else's failure to operate it correctly. That's like watching someone driving recklessly and crashing into a tree and then saying you're not going to buy that kind of car because it's the car's fault for crashing into a tree.

See? That's the problem. The guys stupidness has nothing to do with the effectiveness or quality of the Wizard. Not using the Wizard is your choice but please don't choose to use it based on someone else's failure to operate it correctly. That's like watching someone driving recklessly and crashing into a tree and then saying you're not going to buy that kind of car because it's the car's fault for crashing into a tree.
I agree, Skeets. I chose not to use my wizard simply because I've never seen a need to use it and, ironically, when I bought my H on a pre-order the promise of a wizard was one of the factors that scored in favour of me placing that order. It just turned out that I didn't really need it after all.

Reactions: Skeets
I really don't understand why most people simply refuse to even consider they did something wrong, as if its some sort of "insult" to admit it.

I personally couldn't care less about admiting when I mess up (and I'm talking about everyday stuff not just UAVs). I kind of find it funny some times and think "Hey, I screwed up, lesson learned, I'll try not to do that again.."

I also saw that video quite a while ago, and something that bothered me just as much as the issue with the wand, was how he handcatched by the middle/bottom of the gear and busting the landing gear and then sort of complains about it becoming limp. (also, why did he hand catch it anyway? the H was already landing...)

Anyway, it seems that some people just expect gadgets to be perfect because of how much they paid for them.. For example, not long ago I saw a video of a woman complaining about a Mercedes "randomly" stalling and even had her kid film the whole "incident" while going "look at that this... this car is garbage" and the only thing made obvious in the video was that she just didn't know how to drive manual...

I really don't understand why most people simply refuse to even consider they did something wrong, as if its some sort of "insult" to admit it.

I personally couldn't care less about admiting when I mess up (and I'm talking about everyday stuff not just UAVs). I kind of find it funny some times and think "Hey, I screwed up, lesson learned, I'll try not to do that again.."

I also saw that video quite a while ago, and something that bothered me just as much as the issue with the wand, was how he handcatched by the middle/bottom of the gear and busting the landing gear and then sort of complains about it becoming limp. (also, why did he hand catch it anyway? the H was already landing...)

Anyway, it seems that some people just expect gadgets to be perfect because of how much they paid for them.. For example, not long ago I saw a video of a woman complaining about a Mercedes "randomly" stalling and even had her kid film the whole "incident" while going "look at that this... this car is garbage" and the only thing made obvious in the video was that she just didn't know how to drive manual...

I totally agree. I have absolutely no problem with admitting I did something wrong or at least considering that I might have done something wrong. However, I think there is a difference between knowing you did something wrong and refusing to admit it out of pride and not realizing you are doing something wrong and blaming something/someone else. I think this guy is the latter.

The video was not the reason I won't use my Wizard. It reminds me of a television remote control and pressing multiple buttons at the same time will guarantee that I will crash my H. I have memory problems as it is and I don't trust myself to remember the button combinations. Just a personal preference of one button and one function.
The ST-16 is about the most I want to deal with. But like I said it is just a personal preference.

That was what I was thinking, it was just trying to get out of reach of the guy. The H was probably getting nervous as the battery ran down. Oh well, I use my Wizard wand quite a bit and haven't ever had a pairing session like the video.
Must be something else when your toys try to run away or do themselves in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss