Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fairly loud hum from rear of Typhoon H

Reaction score
I'm getting a fairly loud hum from the rear fan section of the Typhoon H. I tried some light compressed air shots but nothing happened. It does not change pitch and is sustained. Any concerns?

If you have RealSense check the fan for cracked or broken fins. The only other fan in the system is on the CGO3+.

Assuming by "fan" you mean the propellors:
How many flight hours on the motors?
Is the hum present when running without the props?
Do any of the motors seem warmer than others after running?
Do all the motors feel about the same when turning them by hand?

Thanks for the help. There is a small fan that is the culprit, I think, that is in the same "module" as the rear indicator light. Does not seem to be part of the Real Sense system, which is present on this craft. The noise starts as soon as the bird is turned on without engaging the props. The fan does spin. I check motor temp regularly with a hand temp gun and these are doing well. Keep up the suggestions. I am assuming I will need to ground this bird until this is fixed, maybe? aaadronenoise.mp4

That small fan on the bottom below the Main LED is the cooling fan for the RealSense module. It is very likely a piece of foreign material has been sucked into it or there is a cracked or missing fan blade.

The fan is replaceable.

Thank you so much DoomMeister!! You know, I have used Real Sense probably a dozen times and most just for fun experimentation. I just don't fly that way usually. I may just remove it if it gets worse? I may just blast it with a firmer spray of compressed air.

That small fan on the bottom below the Main LED is the cooling fan for the RealSense module. It is very likely a piece of foreign material has been sucked into it or there is a cracked or missing fan blade.
I totally agree. Could also be a damaged bearing on the fan. The fan is only plugged in an can be replaced very easily. I would not recommend to remove the fan.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you so much DoomMeister!! You know, I have used Real Sense probably a dozen times and most just for fun experimentation. I just don't fly that way usually. I may just remove it if it gets worse? I may just blast it with a firmer spray of compressed air.
It is not difficult to take the RS module off and inspect the fan. When reinstalling use care with the screws as they mount in plastic. Insert them into their respective holes and when you go to tighten them push in a bit and turn backwards until you feel the slight tick when it lines up with the old screw threads in the plastic. Then tighten until they just bottom out. The RS unit weighs next to nothing.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis