Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fatal malfunction

Reaction score
I know there are so many questions around what I'm about to say; but I'll throw it out there anyway. At 7:30 in the evening in Tennessee, USA, I took my Typhoon H Plus it to show a friend his neighborhood. Powered on st16, powered on unit, lifted off, raise landing gear, tested gimbal, hovered for a couple minutes. At this point I wanted an aerial view so I lifted up (in Angle mode) to the 400' limit (straight above, still in sight) I hovered there looking straight down, then aimed the camera at the horizon and panned.

I suddenly couldn't hear the props, I looked up and the thing was in a freefall. The lights were flashing and I kept thinking it would regain control. It didn't. Crashed down and utterly destroyed itself.

Made a ticket with Yuneec and am sending the unit in tomorrow so they can check the telemetry.

Thoughts? Might be posting this on the wrong spot, sorry if so!

Very sorry to hear about this - but you are not alone - there has been another recent report of the TH+ falling out of the sky for no appreciable reason. If you can extract the telemetry yourself we would be keen to take a look and maybe someone here can tell you what happened while you are waiting for the Yuneec 'official' version.

Hopefully they will sort you out, replace your machine, and release a firmware update that resolves this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, you can either put an SD card directly in the controller then use the file manager on the pad to copy the telemetry files to it, or you can directly connect the st-16 to a PC via USB, where the contents will appear as a readable drive so you can get the files that way... the files you need are in the FliteMode folder I think.

Last edited:
I know there are so many questions around what I'm about to say; but I'll throw it out there anyway. At 7:30 in the evening in Tennessee, USA, I took my Typhoon H Plus it to show a friend his neighborhood. Powered on st16, powered on unit, lifted off, raise landing gear, tested gimbal, hovered for a couple minutes. At this point I wanted an aerial view so I lifted up (in Angle mode) to the 400' limit (straight above, still in sight) I hovered there looking straight down, then aimed the camera at the horizon and panned.

I suddenly couldn't hear the props, I looked up and the thing was in a freefall. The lights were flashing and I kept thinking it would regain control. It didn't. Crashed down and utterly destroyed itself.

Made a ticket with Yuneec and am sending the unit in tomorrow so they can check the telemetry.

Thoughts? Might be posting this on the wrong spot, sorry if so!
Sry to hear that :-(

I am curious what firmware you are running? This is the second time I hear about the plus falling from the sky, and I am really concerned that it might be firmware issue that came with the recent update.

Seerabike, have you received a reply from Yuneec yet? This is serious. Since you saw lights flashing on the H+ while it was falling, that means it still had power from the battery. There must have been some internal fault.

Oops, I see there is more detail in a different thread. I'll follow that one.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz