Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Feeling happy with my new Typhoon h3

Hi friends, I found a few minutes at work to make a small video, still raining for the next three days

Hi and thank you Yosi for posting what is the first known video of the new H3 on the web. I am really looking forward to seeing images from the camera. I am a stills photographer and have only purchased my first drone a couple of months ago. I was hoping to get the H3 but because of the delay I decided to get the H Plus. I taught that Yuneec was holding off on the sale of the H3 because of the new upcoming drone legislation?
When you get a chance could you post some unedited still images and if possible some panoramic shots also.
Kindest regards.
Mike

It finally plays. So the battery is incompatible with other models? And I suspect the charger is just the standard type? Judging by the rarity to obtain leads for H and Plus it will be interesting to see if the parts become widespread. Amusing little gimbal bounce on start up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
And another type of battery with different connections. It really amuses them at Yuneec. Still the hassle to find suitable charger and cables especially since this model is not going to be very sold.

And another type of battery with different connections. It really amuses them at Yuneec. Still the hassle to find suitable charger and cables especially since this model is not going to be very sold.
Decent 3rd party charger should be fine. Dedicated lead will probably take a while unless there's an adapter? More information will trickle out eventually.

Perhaps a short video on the battery, there was a claim that a secondary latch was incorporated, would be interesting to see if anything was different.

I am finding it hard to understand Why Yuneec taught it best to replace the connections with a new stile one on the H3?. Was their problems with the old ones on the H or the H Plus!! Is it possible that Yuneec thinks that the cause of people losing cell connection with their craft was because of the battery contacts failing. I was was under the impression like most of us that it was the fact that the battery wasn't pressed fully home and didn't lock properly?

I am finding it hard to understand Why Yuneec taught it best to replace the connections with a new stile one on the H3?. Was their problems with the old ones on the H or the H Plus!! Is it possible that Yuneec thinks that the cause of people losing cell connection with their craft was because of the battery contacts failing. I was was under the impression like most of us that it was the fact that the battery wasn't pressed fully home and didn't lock properly?
Your right, but they have to stop backwards compatibllity, so your plus batteries won't work, but you lose people who may be interested in both but now need more chargers/leads etc so they are greedy and make more money from us, severe the link and they prey it will be OK, I think a foolish move. They won't listen to their customers, so let them drive into the wall.

Last edited:

Mike,

Changing battery design with each successive model has little or nothing to do with security or reliability.

The true purpose is two fold:

It assures a secondary post sale revenue stream by assuring model owners can only obtain batteries from the OEM.

It establishes a means to assure model obsolescence. When the manufacturer desires new models be purchased to replace older models they need only discontinue battery manufacturing for older models.

We need to keep in consumer mind drone makers are not in business to serve us, they are in business to serve themselves by making money. If their intent was to serve us they would design and sell a relatively stable airframe design that would be upgraded through new payloads and operational capabilities provided through firmware. Even power systems can be easily upgradable. That’s the way it has worked with government/military UAV’s and would work equally well for us.

For us an accurate description of what we deal with is “being fleeced”.

Last edited:
Mike,

Changing battery design with each successive model has little or nothing to do with security or reliability.

It assures a secondary post sale revenue stream by assuring model owners can only obtain batteries from the OEM.

It establishes a means to assure model obsolescence. When the manufacturer desires news models be purchased to replace older models they need only discontinue battery manufacturing for older models.

We need to keep in consumer mind drone makers are not in business to serve us, they are in business to serve themselves by making money. If their intent was to serve us they would design and sell a relatively stable airframe design that would be upgraded through new payloads and operational capabilities provided through firmware. Even power systems can be easily upgradable. That’s the way it has worked with government/military UAV’s and would work equally well for us.

It's like Yuneec have forgot about their previous customer base, like they never existed and starting a fresh, there's no big base of new customers waiting anymore, that train left a long time ago!

Your right, but they have to stop backwards compatibllity, so your plus batteries won't work, so their greedy and make more money from us, severe the link and they prey it will be OK, I think a foolish move. They won't listen to their customers, so let them drive into the wall.
Hi Mrgs1. Very short sighted indeed on Yuneec's part. I am a longtime Nikon user, way back to the F6 film camera rera. Nikon has tried to change their lens mount in the last year or so but it hasn't worked for them. They have just released a new camera at CES 2020 with their old lens mount ;)
One of the reasons I have stayed with Nikon so lone was the fact that they have used the same lens mount and I can use those older lenses. This hasn't stopped me from purchasing those new modern lenses or their new cameras either.
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: thoneter
Hi Mrgs1. Very short sighted indeed on Yuneec's part. I am a longtime Nikon user, way back to the F6 film camera rera. Nikon has tried to change their lens mount in the last year or so but it hasn't worked for them. They have just released a new camera at CES 2020 with their old lens mount ;)
One of the reasons I have stayed with Nikon so lone was the fact that they have used the same lens mount and I can use those older lenses. This hasn't stopped me from purchasing those new modern lenses or their new cameras either.
Cheers.
Mike
I've been a Nikon user since the 1980s F3, F4s, Fm2n. Then on to D700,D600,D3s,D4s and D5.
Been good workhorses. I've never found the F mount restrictive personally. But can see sports photography etc being held back. I'm still happy with the brand.
I still use a 300mm f 2.8 from the 1980s a real workhorse.

Last edited:
Mike,

It establishes a means to assure model obsolescence. When the manufacturer desires news models be purchased to replace older models they need only discontinue battery manufacturing for older models.

It's like Yuneec have forgot about their previous customer base, like they never existed and starting a fresh, there's no big base of new customers waiting anymore, that train left a long time ago!

I can see where you are coming from alright. but I have the H-plus and I can still use those older H batteries in my Plus. Yes I know they won't work with the charger or the old charging leads but I and I am sure most of us would change those croppy Yuneec chargers anyway.
Cheers.
Mike

I can see where you are coming from alright. but I have the H-plus and I can still use those older H batteries in my Plus. Yes I know they won't work with the charger or the old charging leads but I and I am sure most of us would change those croppy Yuneec chargers anyway.
Cheers.
Mike
Will Ev peak bring out a DY6? You can barely get charger leads for H or plus to fit 3rd party chargers, let's hope the accessories are quick to the market.

I've been a Nikon user since the 1980s F3, F4s, Fm2n. Then on to D700,D600,D3s,D4s and D5.
Been good workhorses. I've never found the F mount restrictive personally. But can see sports photography etc being held back. I'm still happy with the brand.
I still 300mm f 2.8 from the 1980s S real workhorse.

Na I was a OM2 user before the F6. My latest sports camera is the D500 a wonderful camera with those bif f4 lenses. I went for the D3s instead of the D700 I then went for the D5 and D850 and more new glass that I really need ? Don't tell the Wife.????
Mike

Will Ev peak bring out a DY6? You can barely get charger leads for H or plus to fit 3rd party chargers, let's hope the accessories are quick to the market.

I can get those charging leads for the older H on Ebay sheeply but the newer H plus ones I could only find at @copter.eu The newones ores were twice the price of those older ones??.
Im looking forward to the reduction in price of these Batteries/lead and other accessories now for the OLD H PLUS ???
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy