Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Feeling happy with my new Typhoon h3

Thanks Yosi,

Sharpness edge-to-edge; great color depth, especially the subtle shifts under the store front awnings; shadow detail of the people inside the dark areas of the store fronts; exposure of the whites in both images is terrific; great blacks.

Issue I see is the sky : it appears more as a water painting as there is some texture in it in both images.

I am assuming the distortion in the ship photo is correctable by the adobe filter Leica made for this camera.

Reactions: Rubik and Mrgs1
I
Have you tried DROPBOX -- you can upload your videos there (free on first 1GB) and post the link.

Just to note, the Yuneec.com website has images to download from the H3 as part of it's introduction flow. Yosi's images are consistent with the website images. Just a datapoint.

Reactions: Steve Carr
That partnership has ended. Yuneec are on their own.

No the partnership hasn't ended with Intel. The H3 and H plus are still available but at an extra cost ?
Regards.
Mike

No the partnership hasn't ended with Intel. The H3 and H plus are still available but at an extra cost ?
Regards.
Mike
Intel isn'tt supporting the H3 the plus is probably just assembled under an agreement, I'm pretty sure Intel has no involvement with the H3.

Thanks Yosi for posting those images. I take it that they were jpeg images straight from the camera? Over all the images looked good with little distortion, I am sure when Adobe gets the camera profile this can be fixed with one click.
I did notice that their are some pincushioning in the clouds and the image with the ship looks over sharpened mostly in the background aria. I am thinking that this might be Leicas overcooked jpeg Post Processing and sharpening?
Regards.
Mike

Honestly, im not too hyped about these early results, and I was thinking about picking one up. Combined with the new competition announced at CES, makes this already look a bit dated. It will however be interesting to see, what some real enthusiasts can produce with this drone and the ylog etc.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Honestly, im not too hyped about these early results, and I was thinking about picking one up. Combined with the new competition announced at CES, makes this already look a bit dated. It will however be interesting to see, what some real enthusiasts can produce with this drone and the ylog etc.

These are better then what the CGO3, C23, and the DJI Hasselblad produced of which I had in the past. I think the main competition will be the new Autel 6k with the 1" sensor. Their '8k' just released is actually pretty poor from first results. I am waiting for some real results as well, and mainly the photo behavior when flying : does the screen stop responding, or can you actually fly taking pictures on time-lapse and not have the video feed interrupted. But as a previous Leica owner in my photojournalism days, I am obviously biased. These actually look a lot better then my M3/M4 cameras.

Reactions: Mike Irish
These are better then what the CGO3, C23, and the DJI Hasselblad produced of which I had in the past. I think the main competition will be the new Autel 6k with the 1" sensor. Their '8k' just released is actually pretty poor from first results. I am waiting for some real results as well, and mainly the photo behavior when flying : does the screen stop responding, or can you actually fly taking pictures on time-lapse and not have the video feed interrupted. But as a previous Leica owner in my photojournalism days, I am obviously biased. These actually look a lot better then my M3/M4 cameras.
Im pretty sure this IS just another "Hasselblad" kinda thing. Lets be real here, they didnt revolutionize anything with the camera. I hate to say this, but it really does look like its just a "name" they added to the box. Im pretty sure I saw better Hasselblad out there, but as I said, we will have to wait until some of the real nerds get their hands on this thing and run it through the tests. Just not hyped, thats all.

Thanks Yosi,

Sharpness edge-to-edge; great color depth, especially the subtle shifts under the store front awnings; shadow detail of the people inside the dark areas of the store fronts; exposure of the whites in both images is terrific; great blacks.

Issue I see is the sky : it appears more as a water painting as there is some texture in it in both images.

I am assuming the distortion in the ship photo is correctable by the adobe filter Leica made for this camera.
In the photo of the ship the horizon is near the top of the frame and still appears flat. This alone is a big improvement on my E90.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
In the photo of the ship the horizon is near the top of the frame and still appears flat. This alone is a big improvement on my E90.

I didn't pick that up. Interesting. And correct. I got so used to seeing that horizon curve it doesn't register any more to me.

Considering the proprietory filter setup, I do not think this is even in the realm of possibility... but it would be very interesting if the B&W mode would provide results similar to B&W film, in regards to color filters... in other words, would a yellow filter darken the sky, in B&W mode? ?

Yosi, when you shoot that video, could you also take some native DNG photos?

I too saw that they have worked to flatten the horizon but if we look at Yosi's post #59 above, (first picture showing the ocean) it appears to have a dip in the water/horizon just right of center. I'm still waiting to see a RAW image first hand; I remember when we saw the first C23 JPGs and felt let down until we got the RAW.

Reactions: JackMTaco

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin