Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Feeling happy with my new Typhoon h3

I will say, the dynamic range has been significantly improved, as evidenced by minimal noise in the twilight / night shots. ?

Thanks once again Yosi for posting these images from your new H3. The images look nice and colorful with little distortion. As I said before when Adobe finely release their updated profiles for the C23 and the New Leica camera we will hopefully see a one click fix for the distortion in the images. As others have mentioned, could you take some photos in the Raw format as this will allow us to really see and differences their might be in the images taken with the C23/E9 and the new Leica spiced camera. The reason we are asking for this is Leica add their unique spices to the Jpeg images and the RAW images are untouched (straight from the camera).
Cheers and thank you for all your help.
Mike

I will say, the dynamic range has been significantly improved, as evidenced by minimal noise in the twilight / night shots. ?

With respect EEV, I'm not so sure, at least not with the JPGs. Just for comparison I took one of those twilight pictures Yosi posted and cropped (Unedited) a 1500 x 1200 section showing sky and some landscape. Then I took a Photo I took over a year ago from an early morning shot with about the same amount of light and cropped a section out of that at 1500 x 1200 for comparison.

Granted this is still not a fair comparison as I used a raw image for my shot and Yosi's shots are just Jpeg running full auto so until we see a raw shot from the Ion L1, or better yet a TRUE side by side comparison, we will not know just what this new camera stacks up to either it's competition or it's predecessors. On the Plus side, (pun intended) ;) I do see some elements in these pictures that give me hope that the difference between the Jpegs and the Raw, from the Ion, is as great or greater than those from the C23.

Crop From Ion L1
NoiseComp1.jpg

Crop From C23
NoiseComp2.jpg

Image used for the C23 Crop (Reduced)
14Small.png

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
With respect EEV, I'm not so sure, at least not with the JPGs. Just for comparison I took one of those twilight pictures Yosi posted and cropped (Unedited) a 1500 x 1200 section showing sky and some landscape. Then I took a Photo I took over a year ago from an early morning shot with about the same amount of light and cropped a section out of that at 1500 x 1200 for comparison.

Granted this is still not a fair comparison as I used a raw image for my shot and Yosi's shots are just Jpeg running full auto so until we see a raw shot from the Ion L1, or better yet a TRUE side by side comparison, we will not know just what this new camera stacks up to either it's competition or it's predecessors. On the Plus side, (pun intended) ;) I do see some elements in these pictures that give me hope that the difference between the Jpegs and the Raw, from the Ion, is as great or greater than those from the C23.

Crop From Ion L1
View attachment 19761

Crop From C23
View attachment 19762

Image used for the C23 Crop (Reduced)
View attachment 19763
We just cant compare the photos as the are jpeg images. All jpeg images are given a predetermined amount of PP my the inbuilt software. We need RAW images so we can see for ourselves what Postprocessing in needed to correct for noise colour and distortion etc.
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
We just cant compare the photos as the are jpeg images. All jpeg images are given a predetermined amount of PP my the inbuilt software. We need RAW images so we can see for ourselves what Postprocessing in needed to correct for noise colour and distortion etc.
Cheers.
Mike

I agree and that is why I said the following, in particular the part I underlined for emphasis here.

I don't think you'll find anyone that was more critical of the C23's Jpegs than me - and I still am - they are useless ? and this was my point in the post - looking at Jpeg's tells us very little, and I suspect the same will hold true with the Ion L1.

And while we wait to see some of the new camera's RAW imagery, I am curious to see if they fixed any of the C23's flaws such as and inaccurate interval when shooting time lapse, no interval lower of 5 seconds (that actual is somewhere between 5.5 and 7 seconds) or if they given us a range of exposure between 1/30 and 1 second among others.

One of my biggest issues with the Hplus was the video stopped sending for 1-2 seconds during the photo processing. That made the Hplus essentially unflyable for me if taking photos. This is what I would like to know is corrected.

• Wow
I can’t understand why people try to do camera performance work using JPG images. IMHO, we want to compare untouched images with the most possible amount of data available, which eliminates JPG’s from the start.
I believe that stands for Junk Photographic Garbage and equates to quick and easy.

I can’t understand why people try to do camera performance work using JPG images. IMHO, we want to compare untouched images with the most possible amount of data available, which eliminates JPG’s from the start.
Perhaps he doesn't know how to select raw on his H3 yet?

I suppose it is safe to say that to this point in time, Yuneec has sold only 1 H3, and that is to Yosi.
There was another person with one from Germany, it's in one of these threads.

For those they can buy the most expensive camera available and end up with no better than can be obtained with a $75.00 point and shoot camera.

With only a couple of H-3’s in the hands of a couple of select, “unbiased” users, what are the chances we are seeing what the camera is seeing and producing? If we recall, they did this with the 520. I would feel a lot better about what’s being shown if a few people with H histories normally involved in H forums were provided H-3’s to experiment with and reporting about various performance parameters. The company shill aspect of this bothers me.

Last edited:
For those they can buy the most expensive camera available and end up with no better than can be obtained with a $75.00 point and shoot camera.

With only a couple of H-3’s in the hands of a couple of select, “unbiased” users, what are the chances we are seeing what the camera is seeing and producing? If we recall, they did this with the 520. I would feel a lot better about what’s being shown if a few people with H histories normally involved in H forums were provided H-3’s to experiment with and reporting about various performance parameters. The company shill aspect of this bothers me.

I’ll volunteer!

I believe that stands for Junk Photographic Garbage and equates to quick and easy.

But that's the thing that doesn't make sense with any drone... JPGs are not inherently terrible if used at the minimum compression settings. Why drone companies ever use anything but, I will never understand... after all we are transferring 4K video as well... so any minimal photo file size savings from further JPG compression, could not be more moot.

Now the overprocessing that is applied... that's another story.

would like to see some photographs taken by the H3
Hi,
I'm guessing that @Yosi leon doesn't live in North America :D

The H3 looks impressive. Can't wait to get your review of the H3 and some samples of videos and stills.
It's totally meaningless to ask for pics / vids to see and try to judge the quality on a screen. There are to many factors involved like the screen calibration and quality and the way the vids and pics are edited.

• Angry
Hi,

It's totally meaningless to ask for pics / vids to see and try to judge the quality on a screen. There are to many factors involved like the screen calibration and quality and the way the vids and pics are edited.

If you read the posts in this thread I had asked Yosi if he would post some unedited RAW photos taken with his H3 drone. My monitor is calibrated so if he posts unedited images I can then compare the images from my H Plus. Mow I also said that I wasn't in any big hurry so I wasn't pressurizing him;).
Cheers.
Mike

I’d like to present a different “view” from Photo’s.

Images viewed on any screen are relative to what we are accustomed to seeing. Provided the view screen has the resolution necessary to match image resolution the viewer will be able to discern if images appear better or worse than what they are used to. Calibrated monitors are, of course, the best way to go but they are not critical to making relative assessments.

Unedited RAW images downloaded from file storage and transfer services that do not compress an image file is something I believe to be more important. Downloading Zipped files is one of the worst ways I can imagine to obtain a photo file. Perhaps the second worse is obtaining image files from forums like this and others. These sites beat the dickens out of an image file during the upload process, leaving anything downloaded considerably less than the original file.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone