Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

File sections....

Reaction score
I wish all the "How To" sections in each forum had a "File" section as well.
Trying to find some basic files here can be a bear.
Just say'n......
Have a super and safe week everyone.

Interesting suggestion... could you please provide an example of a file you would want to see in a "Files" section?

Interesting suggestion... could you please provide an example of a file you would want to see in a "Files" section?

Oh! OH!! Me! Me! ME!!

A very good example is the TH Plus manual (any manual for that matter). I had to dive deep -twice in one day- to find a thread with the URL to the PDF for the THP, and it was anything but PDQ! In retrospect I should have saved it locally, ...after I closed the tab the 2nd time!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Manuals
Gimbal/ camera issues
Ground station tips/tricks
What to do if flyaways start
Etc. Etc
Software updates
There is an impressive almost astounding mental database on this forum. It is annoying for the wise sages on here to answer the same question weekly for months. I have had near zero results on the search function, but instead tediously gone through the forum to attempt to find answers. I love this forum.
Don

Reactions: DCH
What to do if flyaways start
See Eagle? This is exactly why we need a quick way to look this stuff up! Once that flyaway starts, ya don't have much time!:eek:
....Especially if you have to search thru hundreds of posts for the remedy!:confused:

he Terminators have taken over... RUN... be sure to grab a stray dog. o_O
If that's the case, I'm grabbing onto the Plus as it flies away and hope it can handle the the extra payload! ...And pray I have a fully charged battery!!:oops:
And I'd have no problem jettisoning the camera either if it comes to that!!

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin'bout! But you need to put the fly away stuff first!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Docdor
Yeah, that's what I'm talkin'bout! But you need to put the fly away stuff first!:rolleyes:
I have yet to have one fly away but would like to know some possible tricks besides pre flight calibrations to attempt to recover from that event.

Be ready to turn off GPS and be ready to fly fully manual.
That's the best you can do, that and pray it works. Sometimes a glitch will create a dumb bird that won't respond properly to commands until it is power cycled. Mine tried to fly straight up to God one day and GPS was already OFF!

There are two things I always recommend to every pilot,
Learn -and be comfortable with- the Hand Catch,
And learn -and be comfortable with- flying without GPS.

Those two skills will come in handy someday, and when you least expect it!

Reactions: Docdor

Looks good!

Now... is there going to a new "forum section" for these libraries, or are they going to be made a "sticky" in each respective group?

Just asking as I looked in the H[480] section and did not see the library. Or am I missing something in my perusal?

Jeff

Each documentation library is now a sticky post in the Breeze, Q500, H and H plus forums. Where is the location of the 520 manual? I didn't see a corresponding section in the Yuneec download section.

Also I have been hesitant to fill out the How To: sections on the 520 and 920... figure pilots operating craft at that level do not need basic calibration videos, ect.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Also I have been hesitant to fill out the How To: sections on the 520 and 920... figure pilots operating craft at that level do not need basic calibration videos, ect.
It would be a total waste of time. Those people never read the manuals anyway!

You would think that to be true but sadly it’s not. Of all the Yuneec products the 920, 920+, and Typhoon 4k have fairly comprehensive manuals available for download from Yuneec. The two most common problems with them is many don’t download them, or read them. Instead they get in panic and post a “how do I” question in a public forum. As they encounter new things they haven’t worked with before they post a successive series of “how do I” questions to obtain personal tech service until they are satisfied. With the 920’s and Typhoon 4k’s most of the common questions are covered in the factory manuals. Interestingly, some info common across most all Yuneec models can be found in 920 documentation.

The third most common issue is that some buy advanced systems they simply aren’t ready for. It’s pretty common for newbies to buy the most advanced system they can afford instead of learning “the basics” with less expensive “disposable” systems. Regardless, reading manufacturer manuals, be they good or bad, along with watching a few YouTube videos, before trying to fly a system, goes a long way towards preventing initial mistakes.

For those transitioning from one model to a new model there is a need to dispense with expectations the new model will function the same as the previous model, or like a different brand model. Many get themselves spun up because the new model doesn’t do all the same stuff the old one did, or things that are loosely common across models are done differently. We have to recognize it will take time to become familiar with differences and adjust our operations accordingly.

Reading a book requires we will have to turn pages but to do so we must first lift the cover of the book to get started.

Last edited:
For the record, YuneecPilots is the best comprehensive source for Yuneec related product info out there. People might have to spend a little time with search efforts but if it isn’t here it may not have been written yet. The only other sites that might have info not noted here are the various Facebook product owner groups, which are extremely difficult to search through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Picture The Stars