Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware is on the USA site :)

I deleted all files did a strati download to card, followed tutorial to a t but it says update not found. Im using internet explorer windows 7. Its a zip file,... i left it alone no luck then unzipped it,... no luck.
Can anyone point me strait. Im no expert but can follow orders.

Thank you

if you use Chrome Browser you dont have to open anything just put the file(s) on the card and update each item, H first is what I do
Thanks Brian:

Found out about the Chrome Browser from Yuneec. Would be nice if they posted on their download site.

I usually use Internet Explorer. Will be using Chrome from now on.

The upgrade and Rebinding went just fine. Now re-calibrate tomorrow and back in the air.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I deleted all files did a strati download to card, followed tutorial to a t but it says update not found. Im using internet explorer windows 7. Its a zip file,... i left it alone no luck then unzipped it,... no luck.
Can anyone point me strait. Im no expert but can follow orders.

Thank you
Hmmmm.... I just posted a video of how to do the FIRMWARE update. I was thinking of also including some tips on what to do if things go wrong, but didn't have the time to include it.

I'm guessing the problem is with your micro SD and the ability of the ST16 to read it properly. You can easily check to see if this is the problem. Insert your micro SD into your ST16, power on the ST16. After it boots up, tap PAD in the bottom left corner of screen. Then when in the green screen tap the bottom center circle with dots in it. Next look for the APP called something like FILE MANAGER (yellow file folder). Start up that App. Now look at the top left of the screen... you should see a super tiny picture of your micro SD card. Drag your finger from the top of the left hand screen down over that tiny icon. You should then see a status of your Micro SD. If it says there is a problem with the micro SD, then that is your problem. You can try letting the ST16 format it and then try again, or use a different micro SD.

If the above is not the problem, then it's just a simple case of the firmware update file not being in the root directory of the micro SD card.

Good luck.

Hmmmm.... I just posted a video of how to do the FIRMWARE update. I was thinking of also including some tips on what to do if things go wrong, but didn't have the time to include it.

I'm guessing the problem is with your micro SD and the ability of the ST16 to read it properly. You can easily check to see if this is the problem. Insert your micro SD into your ST16, power on the ST16. After it boots up, tap PAD in the bottom left corner of screen. Then when in the green screen tap the bottom center circle with dots in it. Next look for the APP called something like FILE MANAGER (yellow file folder). Start up that App. Now look at the top left of the screen... you should see a super tiny picture of your micro SD card. Drag your finger from the top of the left hand screen down over that tiny icon. You should then see a status of your Micro SD. If it says there is a problem with the micro SD, then that is your problem. You can try letting the ST16 format it and then try again, or use a different micro SD.

If the above is not the problem, then it's just a simple case of the firmware update file not being in the root directory of the micro SD card.

Good luck.

There is NO ZIP file :( use Chrome not IE and and it will work first time!

Good luck.

Had a similar problem with my download and installation.

Called Yuneec and was told to use Chrome Browser instead. Internet Explorer is getting to be very outdated! Now, some people may have had luck with Internet Explorer. I have different computers, all running Windows 10 and thought that might be the problem, not the case.

Downloaded both updates via Chrome, transferred to my SD Card and all went well. Re-bound the aircraft and just have to re-calibrate the compass and put her in the air.

I did comment to Yuneec to put a note up concerning this and for consumers to use Chrome to fix this problem.

I had a different problem updating the ST16 and it had me stumped for hours. I updated the H, no problem and fast. Then, I followed the video closely with the ST16 and pressed update and then it would start unpacking the file and shortly after just stop updating. After cursing, re-reading the how to update process over and over, I was stumped. Just by chance, I went onto the tablet section and saw a notification in the top left hand corner of the screen saying i was extremely low on internal memory. I had dumped a few videos onto the the internal memory section of the ST16 and there was not enough internal memory left to successfully update the ST16. Once I cleared the files I had stored in the internal memory, it worked like a charm.

Reactions: David Wilson
I had a different problem updating the ST16 and it had me stumped for hours. I updated the H, no problem and fast. Then, I followed the video closely with the ST16 and pressed update and then it would start unpacking the file and shortly after just stop updating. After cursing, re-reading the how to update process over and over, I was stumped. Just by chance, I went onto the tablet section and saw a notification in the top left hand corner of the screen saying i was extremely low on internal memory. I had dumped a few videos onto the the internal memory section of the ST16 and there was not enough internal memory left to successfully update the ST16. Once I cleared the files I had stored in the internal memory, it worked like a charm.

I can see this happening to others. Thanks for sharing.

Good point! The ST 16 does seem to clunk along when unpacking BIN files of a large size. It needs plenty of space and memory to do this efficiently, especially now that the updates also include a newer version of Android..

Good point! The ST 16 does seem to clunk along when unpacking BIN files of a large size. It needs plenty of space and memory to do this efficiently, especially now that the updates also include a newer version of Android..

I think it was the Android update that was causing the problem. Big file. Lesson learned. I'm going to try any keep the internal memory clean!

tried to down load not a problem but asks for a pass word in zip ?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech