Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

My boot up time definitely improved, I just timed it and from turning on and ready to fly = 1.30 / 1.34 ..... Not sure if that is slower or faster than others are experiencing :)

There doesn't appear to be. Hence my earlier remark in this thread. Just like the initial release of the TH by Yuneec, even the long awaited FW update appears to be another classic Yuneec cluster-f**k. There are people here making mistakes, but some are managing ok. Without detailed Release Notes this is bound to happen, so you can't really fault the people here who are screwing it up...they want their machines fixed and have been patiently waiting for the FW. Along it comes without a "Procedures" file, and this thread is the result. I swear to god the three top people in charge over there must be named Moe, Larry and Curly. :rolleyes:

;)

When you download the firmware files from Yuneec do not try to run it or un-pack it.
Just copy it directly to the SD cards root directory for upgrading.

I made the mistake the first time of unpacking it and it was not recognized.

Problem I have is my H will NOT even power up. I can not re-bind it util that happens.
The CGO3+ DOES power up, and display video, just not power to the H.
When I went to do the firmware on the H, everything looked normal, till it got to step 3 as displayed on the ST-16. I let it sit for 45 minutes trying to update.
I can NOT connect it to the GUI, or attempt to rebind cause I have no 2.4 WiFi.
Guess I could use it as a steady cam......

And John you are correct, But I think the CEO is named Shemp.

I'm getting around 1 minute 40 seconds with update to Welcome Pilot.
Don't know what it used to be but feels much faster.

There doesn't appear to be. Hence my earlier remark in this thread. Just like the initial release of the TH by Yuneec, even the long awaited FW update appears to be another classic Yuneec cluster-f**k. There are people here making mistakes, but some are managing ok. Without detailed Release Notes this is bound to happen, so you can't really fault the people here who are screwing it up...they want their machines fixed and have been patiently waiting for the FW. Along it comes without a "Procedures" file, and this thread is the result. I swear to god the three top people in charge over there must be named Moe, Larry and Curly. :rolleyes:

Some people will never be happy.

Firmware updates are always a bit risky. If you're not confident to do it yourself, talk to your dealer. There are documents online and videos if you do want to do the update yourself, but no one is forcing you.

Reactions: KBflyer
Just updated both the H and ST-16. Went fairly well. Had to rebind the H and camera after the ST-16 update.

Question my camera firmware shows 3.2.07(A) not 3.2.7. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

Good god it ain't difficult, a five year old could do it!!!!

The update has more to do with the use of the IPS/RealSense module. The update is the base firmware on the H Pro.

GPS has to be active in order to utilize RS. GPS off turns off RS. Do not know at this time if IPS is active with GPS off. Certainly hope so.

Minor tweaks on TX to craft communication. Minor tweaks to camera functions.
Think I'll stay with what I have.

My H is now bricked.
The camera will connect, I get video, just not control of the H.
I have to remove the battery to power it down.
Of course it has to be the weekend, No Flying, and no Yuneec support.:mad:

A small gotcha i have just overcome a similar problem,
I had the bird too close to the ST16, moved it 6 feet away and got the bind in no time, phew

An issue with updating any multirotor firmware I've noticed is almost a total lack to detailed process instructions. One nuance with this one is that having a DCIM folder still residing on the SD card prevents the H and the ST-16 from recognizing the firmware files. If you remove the DCIM folder but upgrade the H and camera first the system re-installs the DCIM folder back on the card and they must again be removed before attempting to upgrade the ST-16. There is no mention of this in the Yuneec firmware update video or anywhere in the "What's New" PDF.

Another neat little kink is the failure to mention that re-binding of the ST-16 to the aircraft will likely be required after the update. Also not mentioned, but probably easy to deduce, is that after re-binding any geo fence adjustments that had been previously made through the GUI will have to be re-established.

These kinds of problems, and more, are the direct result of Chinese manufacturers refusing to recognize that documentation is critical to safe and correct operation and function and to employ tech writers to correctly translate from their native language to the language used in the countries of intended sale. This is not limited to Yuneec, but common to every hobby level product manufactured in China and sold by the Chinese. They don't see a profit model in providing well designed and informative documentation packages.

No, the firmware update is super easy to accomplish. Just wish mine didn't hang in the process.
I am not happy, but I am not POed either. It is one of those things you have to accept may happen. Yuneec is open on Saturday, so I already have a phone call into them (not open till 2:00pm my time).
I am very confident they will correct the issue, I just hope they can offer a phone fix. There is probably a way to initiate a factory reset, I just don't know where the magic button is.

For those doing firmware updates, I hope you saved the original firmware files that had previously (originally) been posted on the Yuneec site in case something doesn't work right. I keep a separate folder for all firmware updates should that need ever arise. Experiences with the Wookong M were hard lessons learned. Always have a version to revert to, especially if the old one worked well. If anyone needs them later, I have the files we just over wrote

Hello Pat,
I would like the files we over wrote. I thought I had them but don't.
I finally got the updates completed, but had to rebind camera and Aircraft.
Thank you

The update has more to do with the use of the IPS/RealSense module. The update is the base firmware on the H Pro.

GPS has to be active in order to utilize RS. GPS off turns off RS. Do not know at this time if IPS is active with GPS off. Certainly hope so.

Minor tweaks on TX to craft communication. Minor tweaks to camera functions.

Are you sure that they use the same firmware to H Standard and H Pro ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33