Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

I did the H first. Then format the card and load the ST16 firmware. It will cause trouble if you have a DCMI folder on the card from being in the camera. You need a clean card.

The fence settings had not changed. I tried powering up by powering the H first and by powering through the USB connection. Neither method allowed recognition between the H and GUI until after the GUI re-install.
No problems here with GUI, GeoFence had not changed either

I am happy to be proven wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me that GPS is required to utilize RealSense. RealSense is designed for locations where there often is poor or no GPS coverage, and navigation is based on the positioning relative to aquired 3D reference points from the environment.

RealSense Module
If Realsense Module is installed,please update to latest version. And select RealSense module in other settings.

WITH SUSTAINABLE GPS SIGNAL, RealSense CAN BE ACTIVATED.The range meter will indicate the distance between aircraft and obstacle,and give out a warning alert meanwhile.

You may be confusing IPS with RealSense. You can add IPS as a stand alone module on the H.

Updated easily from downloaded files on separate SD cards. Forgot binding procedure but thanks to forum and Terrestial Images video I'm now up and running .. I hope . Fly tomorrow.

NB I did the H first with original ST16 binding.

Mine worked for H with 32 but would not work for ST16.

Mine also worked with the card having additional data already written to it and with a card which had just been formatted.
The most likely reason it didn't work in the ST16 is because your microSD card was using using the exFAT file format. While this is the preferred file system for very high capacity SD cards, only the CGO3+ camera recognizes it. The ST16 does not. This is clearly an Android version issue, but it's a piss off nontheless and one of the issues I shamed Yuneec with over on their FB page. Sheesh!

Reactions: m20b_pilot
The most likely reason it didn't work in the ST16 is because your microSD card was using using the exFAT file format. While this is the preferred file system for very high capacity SD cards, only the CGO3+ camera recognizes it. The ST16 does not. This is clearly an Android version issue, but it's a piss off nontheless and one of the issues I shamed Yuneec with over on their FB page. Sheesh!
Everything was formatted Fat32 so that is not issue

have EU-Typhoon H other hardware and only the EU-Version works perfect?
i don't think you can control with the firmware the power of the radio-transmit...it's based on the hardware.

but its only a thought :)

maybe the NFZ-data is inside and they try to keep it small

Guys have you had to recalibrate everything or has it been flying OK without?

Here's my view after the update.

My camera connection time
before the update was 1.58ish. After it is 1.42ish so not much of an improvement for me.

My camera still loses connection when the landing gear is raised.

The on screen previews are quite cool.

I recalibrated everything just for the sake of it.

I did the st16 first which meant I had to rebind the typhoon by tilting it forward twice to activate binding mode. Then updated the H via st16.

I've had no trouble flying without calibration. Upgrade was easy after watching the video linked from the Yuneec Firmware page.

Please remember - before taking SD cards out of your computer, you should always Eject (Windows) or Unmount (OSX) them or they won't be readable in other machines. The same applies to cards put into the ST-16. Go to settings->Storage-> then drag down to the bottom where you should see an option to unmount the SD card before you pop it out. The camera is an exception to this as it unmounts cards automatically when it powers off.

So there is no "WOW" to the update,right? Just wondering if it's worth it. I won't turn on and off GPS while flying and I have other ones if I want to go fast.

I've had no trouble flying without calibration. Upgrade was easy after watching the video linked from the Yuneec Firmware page.

Please remember - before taking SD cards out of your computer, you should always Eject (Windows) or Unmount (OSX) them or they won't be readable in other machines. The same applies to cards put into the ST-16. Go to settings->Storage-> then drag down to the bottom where you should see an option to unmount the SD card before you pop it out. The camera is an exception to this as it unmounts cards automatically when it powers off.
I also had no trouble flying...it's switching between Non GPS to GPS that it acted erratically ...so are you saying that when flying and when switching from NON GPS back to GPS your Hex smoothly transitioned? The switch from GPS to Non GPS was smooth but not switching back...it highly excellerated for 40 to 60 feet and the other time it repeatedly flew up and down a few feet until it settled in. Next week when I get home from Boston I will try again with two other H's one being a Pro to see if they behave in the same way...I'm also going to fly in a larger field.

I am happy to be proven wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me that GPS is required to utilize RealSense. RealSense is designed for locations where there often is poor or no GPS coverage, and navigation is based on the positioning relative to aquired 3D reference points from the environment.

Realsense logs the last 30 seconds of flight via GPS identity tags.

Reactions: skyhawk75

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder