Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First crash done...

Reaction score
Too fast, too confident, too much trees, it's all my fault.
I use to practice on a field where the grass is high, so the H falled from 2 meters after one of the propeller has touched as small tree. The accident is not so horrible but here is the visual result :

- 3 propellers broken
- the gimble was ejected and the superior part (the rail for fastening) is broken.

So I replaced the propellers, and started the motors. They are all turning (didn't took off at this time)
Now I don't know if I can fix the broken part of the gimble by myself (I don't know if the gimble is OK either).
Anybody knows if that piece can be ordered separately ?
Anybody has an other solution ?

Attachments

• Project4.jpg
    Project4.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Project3.jpg
    Project3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 85
Sure you can purchase the upper gimbal piece and I bet it will be a plug to the pins, not a solder job! Yuneec will let you know, call em ! Sorry! guess you did not have Obstacle Avoidance ? may have helped avoid it, I do not use it, but I never fly by obstacles 90% of the time!

Sure you can purchase the upper gimbal piece and I bet it will be a plug to the pins, not a solder job! Yuneec will let you know, call em ! Sorry! guess you did not have Obstacle Avoidance ? may have helped avoid it, I do not use it, but I never fly by obstacles 90% of the time!
No indeed Obstacle Avoidance was off... What a stupid guy I am.
I'm going to try to make a system with wires by myself just to fix the contatcs and test if the gimgle still work

Yes at 22km it could help avoid some pitfalls. That rail could be a problem. You may need to send the aircraft in for repairs. The camara looked ok.

I have just made a flight without the gimble. I made some heavy moves, I tested stability, everything is OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So now, let's deal with the gimble...

Now I have just tested the gimble, keeping it pluged to the drone with... my hand ! And it's works, So now I can nearly confirmed, only the plastic rail is broken... pfffffff
Repairing won't cost a lot, but finding that piece seems to be very hard

response of Yuneec deutchland :

"thank you for your email.
I am sorry to say but we are still expecting this sparepart from china, at the moment the connection board is not on stock and will take sometime until we are ready to delivery it to the dealers where you can order.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards"

OK, so tomorrow I will play to mac gyver !!!

response of Yuneec deutchland :

"thank you for your email.
I am sorry to say but we are still expecting this sparepart from china, at the moment the connection board is not on stock and will take sometime until we are ready to delivery it to the dealers where you can order.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards"

OK, so tomorrow I will play to mac gyver !!!
Yes, just Gorilla glue a piece of plastic edging onto the 2/3 section that broke off, if you can't find it and fly till you get the new one!

Now I have just tested the gimble, keeping it pluged to the drone with... my hand ! And it's works, So now I can nearly confirmed, only the plastic rail is broken... pfffffff
Repairing won't cost a lot, but finding that piece seems to be very hard

Is that to say that the metal contact connectors are how the drone communicates with the camera, not the wire? I saw something in another forum for another Yuneec drone saying those metal contacts don't do anything. The gimbal broke off my Typhoon H as well, I'm hoping that it's as easy as replacing the plastic piece that holds the gimbal on...

Good news, but where did you order it ? on a website, by mail, by phone ???
Simple and cheap Right Here! :

800-FLY-0530

HOME > DRONE PARTS > Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+ Camera Mount Top Plate

YUNEEC TYPHOON H CGO3+ CAMERA MOUNT TOP PLATE

Your Price: $9.99

Currently in stock and ready to ship.

Part Number:YUNCGO3P101

• • Typhoon H CGO3+ Compatible
  • • Includes 4 Rubber Dampers
  • • Camera Mount Top Plate for CGO3+ Camera
  • • Part number: YUNCGO3P101

Quan

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Is that to say that the metal contact connectors are how the drone communicates with the camera, not the wire? I saw something in another forum for another Yuneec drone saying those metal contacts don't do anything. The gimbal broke off my Typhoon H as well, I'm hoping that it's as easy as replacing the plastic piece that holds the gimbal on...
They do "everything" !o_O

They do "everything" !o_O

Oh wow, happy to find that out. There is a little wire sticking out of the drone about where the gimbal should be, but I don't see anywhere on the gimbal that looks like that wire should connect or go into it. Do you know what that wire is?

Simple and cheap Right Here! :

800-FLY-0530

HOME > DRONE PARTS > Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+ Camera Mount Top Plate

YUNEEC TYPHOON H CGO3+ CAMERA MOUNT TOP PLATE

Your Price: $9.99

Currently in stock and ready to ship.

Part Number:YUNCGO3P101

• • Typhoon H CGO3+ Compatible
  • • Includes 4 Rubber Dampers
  • • Camera Mount Top Plate for CGO3+ Camera
  • • Part number: YUNCGO3P101

Quan

YES! Ordering right now.....

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Oh wow, happy to find that out. There is a little wire sticking out of the drone about where the gimbal should be, but I don't see anywhere on the gimbal that looks like that wire should connect or go into it. Do you know what that wire is?
It's a antenna wire, you should have two in different locations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval