Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First ever crash !!!

Reaction score
Well it finally happened. After dozens of flights over more than a year the wind got me. Was filming a train in town about 2500 ft out (still visible). Little breezy, over 15 mph. Coming back and approaching to land (always hand catch) drone was about fifteen feet up. Went past my house and a gust between the houses pushed the drone about two feet right. Hit a tree branch and landed on my front lawn right on the point near the motor. Two of the rubber dampeners popped out, fixed no damage to camera. Lucky there. Drone body is screwed. Did a diagnostic using the GUI and electronics are fine. Lucky again. Ordered a new body from Vertigo. No matter how experienced you are, one little lax in judgement and BOOM. Lesson learned.

73aae28e8365f2145d18b00117fb3ac4.jpg

d2cec1f2963d3ebb2ae8823e1b68583f.jpg

Sorry dude. Good thing it's only the body that's damaged. Thanks for sharing.

That’s unfortunate. Your very lucky the camera is ok.
You’ll be back in the air in no time

Good news for me. Completed the rebuild today and bench tested. Everything seems to be working OK. After I get it buttoned up I’ll test outside without props to confirm GPS. The only issue is the camera, which I tested on the hand held, does not return to horizon position. Is there a calibration I can do to reset it ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech