Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight after the firmware update

Reaction score
Today the first flight after the firmware update.

Just switch-on the H, the audible alarm started to sound continuously (but with intermittent beep).

Switch-Off and on, no abnormal sound signal.

The CGO3 + gives Initialization error, but the video streams are normal, both towards ST16 that towards the microSD.

The disappointment is that after every take-off, the wi-fi has lost the connection (always a few tens of meters), catching it after about 1 min.

The interruption of the wi-fi did not interrupt the recording, but, of course, prevented to rule the video.

After the firmware update, I have not made any calibration (in GUI seemed all right), but, I think, the wi-fi problems should be independent from the calibration.

I using the European version of fw; by the various threads, I understand that in the European version, the wi-fi, there have been not great improvements.

To you, the wi-fi connection, how it works ?

Thanks for any response.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Loss of video wifi connection is a common issue in the EU version even after the firmware update. The yuneec support told me that they were aware of the problem and they would fix with the new firmware. Apparently they did not succeed.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Loss of video wifi connection is a common issue in the EU version even after the firmware update. The yuneec support told me that they were aware of the problem and they would fix with the new firmware. Apparently they did not succeed.

Before the update, the loss of connection in my H were rare; now, every flight, l have loss of video wifi connection.

Yuneec not only it did not solve the problem, but it has gone downhill.

I hope Yuneec reads this forum and resolved quickly, this serious bug.

Same here. Never had this problem before, then lately it started. First it was intermittent, like for only a second, then 5 seconds, and now the whole flight. Recording works fine, gimbal angle responds, its the preview on the st10+ screen that s gone and a WiFi error message saying there is an error connecting with the camera. This happens as soon as I take flight or as soon as the start engine is engaged.

Tried the the cgo3 with my phone and is flawless, tried it on the steady grip handle and it's also flawless, no loss of connection.

St10+ & cgo3 + steadygrip = ok
Cgo3 & Steady grip & phone = ok
Cgo3 & typhoon & st10+ standby = ok
Cgo3 & typhoon & st10+ motor running= error wifi

What could be wrong? Is it isolated with the Camera or does it have something to do with the aircraft?

Last edited:
Hello my friends... today I updated (USA) my H, I performed a new BIND, ( drone and camera) i Calibrated the camera, calibrated the compass and the accelerometer... and i went to a flight... everything worked perfect... i recorded 10 minutes of normal flight... ( because I'm a realtor and I was recording a video for one of my listing) and it performed as normal.
Try to reset all... Bind again... recalibrate all the sensor, etc...

Hope my case give you some motivation.
Mauro De Mello
Miami

Thanks Mauro, I tried a bit of this yesterday, I calibrated my accelerometer. No error connection during 15 mins of flight. Then I turned off the q500 and turned it back on, flew again and got the wifi eror but only for a few seconds. So tonight I'll calibrate the compass as well and accelerometer again. It seems to be fixing the error.

Anybody else try this and notice an improvement?

Thanks Mauro, I tried a bit of this yesterday, I calibrated my accelerometer. No error connection during 15 mins of flight. Then I turned off the q500 and turned it back on, flew again and got the wifi eror but only for a few seconds. So tonight I'll calibrate the compass as well and accelerometer again. It seems to be fixing the error.

Anybody else try this and notice an improvement?
Hello Marcus...
everything that i did was to the Typhoon H... not for the Q500... and is working fine for me...
thanks...
Mauro De Mello
Miami

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz